Deep draft bodes well for Vikings, wh...

Deep draft bodes well for Vikings, who won't participate heavil...

There are 58 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Feb 24, 2010, titled Deep draft bodes well for Vikings, who won't participate heavil.... In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

This spring's NFL draft is the deepest Rick Spielman has seen in years. That's a good thing for the Vikings, because the draft carries added weight for them this season.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Bullfarts

Houston, TX

#41 Feb 26, 2010
A RB that doesnt fumble
Bullfarts

Minneapolis, MN

#42 Feb 26, 2010
I have a poster of Brett Favre on my ceiling. I bet you can guess why.

“We've been Norv'ed”

Since: Nov 09

Erie

#43 Feb 26, 2010
CT Viking Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd like to see a first round OL but I think a DB will be picked. Winfield missing 6 games and Griff with the torn ACL has to be the biggest concern. I think McCoy is gone in the top 10. Hey, it is a crap shoot. You might get your wish list.
With Spielman saying he wants to sign all 6 of our UFA's the FA market is all but non-existent for us huh? The draft is gonna have to be it it looks like. It is kind of a shame seeing how this team has done so well signing FA's over the past 3 years, Vikes have built a solicd nucleus using this strategy, hope we draft well, the more I read about this Pouncey, center who won the award for most outstanding center in the country, the more I like him, we will see-GO VIKES. One more thing, McCoy could be around at 30, a lot of experts seem to think he may, if he is it will be real interesting to see if we grab him, especially if we don't and he becomes another Brees, UGH.
CT Viking Fan

Saint Paul, MN

#44 Feb 26, 2010
Bullfarts wrote:
I have a poster of Brett Favre on my ceiling. I bet you can guess why.
Because that is where you'd expect to see God?
CT Viking Fan

Saint Paul, MN

#45 Feb 26, 2010
erie-vike fan wrote:
<quoted text>With Spielman saying he wants to sign all 6 of our UFA's the FA market is all but non-existent for us huh? The draft is gonna have to be it it looks like. It is kind of a shame seeing how this team has done so well signing FA's over the past 3 years, Vikes have built a solicd nucleus using this strategy, hope we draft well, the more I read about this Pouncey, center who won the award for most outstanding center in the country, the more I like him, we will see-GO VIKES. One more thing, McCoy could be around at 30, a lot of experts seem to think he may, if he is it will be real interesting to see if we grab him, especially if we don't and he becomes another Brees, UGH.
My mistake, I thought you were talking about Gerald McCoy, not Colt. I have no idea where he's going or when. My thinking is the Vikings will stay away from drafting a QB unless there is some sort of trade. Even so, I don't think it would be Colt. Just my opinion.
voltron

Green Bay, WI

#46 Feb 26, 2010
Paris wrote:
Just how many FAs do you think will want to come to the Vikings not knowing who the QB is?
Let's see ... with BF or without BF at QB. If you were a FA and looked at the Vikings with TJ or Rose-whatever at QB, what are you thinking? And by the time BF let's you know, it's too late. The FAs have signed elsewhere.
Welcome to the circus.
Yeah, you should know Packer fan, since free agents have been busting the doors to get into Wisconsin since they shut the door on Brett----NOT! Welcome to the next 30 years loser, 10-6 at your best, a lot of losing, and NFL fans who can't name ONE player on your team!!!!
Paris

Milwaukee, WI

#47 Feb 27, 2010
voltron wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, you should know Packer fan, since free agents have been busting the doors to get into Wisconsin since they shut the door on Brett----NOT! Welcome to the next 30 years loser, 10-6 at your best, a lot of losing, and NFL fans who can't name ONE player on your team!!!!
Question: Whattya get when you subtract 1960 from 2010?

Answer: 50 years of NADA from the Vikings and 50 years of frustration for their fans. Go Vikes.

Go "Curse"

Go Brett! Give em all the picks you've got.
CT Viking Fan

Avon, CT

#48 Feb 27, 2010
GMan in Cally wrote:
Draft a QB first. Favre or no Favre. That has to be the priority or the Vikings will suffer for years to come.
Gut feeling. Look for a lot of movement early in the draft. The Rams can take Bradford off the board with the first pick, if they are worried about trading back and still having him there. That leaves WAS with Clausen. If WAS isn't so high on Clausen, watch for BUF or MIA to make a move. With Brady and Sanchez in the AFC East, these teams need a solid QB to compete. WAS and JAX are potential players here too. Both have QB's they can trade to move up the board.
This leaves the Vikings out in right field picking daisies. Maybe, the Vikes part ways with Jackson or Rosenfels to move up in the 2nd if they think LeFever or Pike is the answer. I don't think they will barter away a sure CB, OL, or ILB to take that chance. I would LMAO if we trade Jackson to KC for Thygpen. Chilly would never hear the end of it...
CT Viking Fan

Avon, CT

#49 Feb 28, 2010
erie-vike fan wrote:
<quoted text>Good stuff. Lookin' at some o-LINE GUYS THAT MAY BE AVAILABLE LATE FIRST I read we may look at Pouncey, center from Fla. or Campbell, ot from Maryland. But I would like to see the secondary beefed up first as well, that or grab McCoy if he is still around; draft can be a real crap shoot sometimes.
I don't want to burst you bubble on Pouncy, but here is what the Bleacher Report had to say about him on their combine report - Did not stand out like expected. More solid than outstanding today. Still the top center but he is not a first rounder.
I know there are plenty of sources of information on these players, and all are a little different. Most mocks have him listed as a first rounder but actually show any team picking him. Who knows?
Bullfarts

Houston, TX

#50 Mar 1, 2010
Look for a lot of bowel movements late in the season from Vikings fans as they fail to reach the Super Bowl again
Bullfarts

Minneapolis, MN

#51 Mar 1, 2010
I like to push in Bretts stool.
CT Viking Fan

Avon, CT

#52 Mar 1, 2010
Bullfarts wrote:
Look for a lot of bowel movements late in the season from Vikings fans as they fail to reach the Super Bowl again
I like to call my bowel movements "dropping the Packers at Lambeau".
CT Viking Fan

Avon, CT

#53 Mar 1, 2010
Bullfarts wrote:
I like to push in Bretts stool.
Too much information, Bullfarts, too much information...

“We've been Norv'ed”

Erie

#54 Mar 1, 2010
CT Viking Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't want to burst you bubble on Pouncy, but here is what the Bleacher Report had to say about him on their combine report - Did not stand out like expected. More solid than outstanding today. Still the top center but he is not a first rounder.
I know there are plenty of sources of information on these players, and all are a little different. Most mocks have him listed as a first rounder but actually show any team picking him. Who knows?
OK. Thanx for the info. I just hope we draft well, we need to upgrade a couple positions, it is fun to speculate sometimes, that is all I am doing. Been watching bits and pieces of the combine the last two days, wow there are some impressive athletes there. Tebow worked out well and he sure comes across as impressive when he is interviewed, I for one am pulling for him, hope he makes it, he sure has a lot of critics.

“We've been Norv'ed”

Erie

#55 Mar 1, 2010
Another thing that caught my eye about Pouncey is that he can play rt. guard as well, Hererra didn't exactly have a stellar second half of the season for the Vikes. He could be a good fill-in at those positions.
Continues to Bleed Purple

Saint Paul, MN

#56 Mar 2, 2010
ex favre fan wrote:
<quoted text>queen fans are so fun. In my opinion as a Packer fan, the only thing the queens need to win a superbowl,is a front office,a good coach,an o line,some d-backs,couple linebackers,and a qb that accually cares about more than himself! If they do that-SUPERBOWL BABY!
Some immediate concerns the packers have heading into this season.

Do they have enough cheese statewide to accompany all that wine?

Can NFL R and D invent a facemask large enough to protect Karen Rodgers beak?

Will the Packers front office be able to sober up the local barflys long enough to field a cheerleading squad?

If the above were to come to fruition can they prevent them from grazing on the field?

Which has more holes? Wisconsin cheddar cheese or the phsyco blitz package?

Whats greater? The amount of points you achieve for a touchdown or the average Packer fans IQ?(heres a hint Packer fans you get 6 points for a touchdown not 7)

“We've been Norv'ed”

Erie

#57 Mar 2, 2010
Continues to Bleed Purple wrote:
<quoted text>
Some immediate concerns the packers have heading into this season.
Do they have enough cheese statewide to accompany all that wine?
Can NFL R and D invent a facemask large enough to protect Karen Rodgers beak?
Will the Packers front office be able to sober up the local barflys long enough to field a cheerleading squad?
If the above were to come to fruition can they prevent them from grazing on the field?
Which has more holes? Wisconsin cheddar cheese or the phsyco blitz package?
Whats greater? The amount of points you achieve for a touchdown or the average Packer fans IQ?(heres a hint Packer fans you get 6 points for a touchdown not 7)
Hey that is pretty good, well done!!!! You are sure to draw some ire from our Packer pals on this one.
Bullfarts

Houston, TX

#59 Mar 3, 2010
Pretty Good, Much like your Super Bowl prediction

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cedric Griffin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Redskins Could Have Been a Very Different Team ... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Hqeathen 1
News Redskins lead Seattle 14-0 after 1st quarter (Jan '13) Jan '13 Crazytempest 4
News Minnesota Vikings release Hutchinson, Griffin, ... (Mar '12) Mar '12 ezg357 1
News Vikings Free Agent Update: Cedric Griffin, Erin... (Mar '12) Mar '12 ezg357 2
News Vikings need cornerbacks, and many good ones ar... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Harry 2
News Rebuilding the Vikings: Should Albert Hayneswor... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Hanyesworthless 11
News Lions Trying To Find A Way To Sign Johnson (Feb '12) Feb '12 Laughing Bear Fan 1
More from around the web