Bears fans, don't question this oppor...

Bears fans, don't question this opportunity. Enjoy it.

There are 51 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Dec 21, 2008, titled Bears fans, don't question this opportunity. Enjoy it.. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

As a bizarre Sunday played out, it came to me that those of us who pay attention to the NFL aren't so different from the philosophers who ask why we're here, what our purpose is in life and whether anybody can ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
duff

Sidney, MT

#41 Dec 22, 2008
Playoffs are attainable, but i know the bears cannot put on much more than a three game win streak. I'm a bears fan,but I'm not insane they are not a playoff team. Everybody would want the bears in the first game. Ive seen enough this year
RamRod

Saint Paul, MN

#42 Dec 22, 2008
Benson: Even he can make 170 yards a game when not having to live up to expectations and needing to prove his worth to a new team.
Me: Give me Thomas Jones back, keep Forte and make Kevin Jones in reserve. Benson you can have.
vocal

Richton Park, IL

#43 Dec 22, 2008
hey people benson got lucky. The bears got luck to. We will see if our franchise qb can carry us to victory. Thats all it comes down 2
Chuck D of Valpo

Valparaiso, IN

#44 Dec 22, 2008
Somewhere, Walter Payton is smiling.
Red

Cicero, IL

#45 Dec 22, 2008
ct bears fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Since the Eagles lost last on sunday, the only way the eagles get the wild card is if the bears lose one of the next two and both cowboys & bucs lose next week. The Bears have the wild card if the the Eagles beat the cowboys and the Bucs get upset by the Raiders.... Let's go Oakland!!! and lets hope that we don't blow it tonight agains GB...
I stand corrected. You are right, the Bears get the wildcard based on overall record if they win out, and the Cowboys and Bucs lose (and the Vikings win). I never should have taken Kermit the Frog's (er, Al Michaels') word for it. Thanks for setting the record straight.
Wooly Bully

Indianapolis, IN

#46 Dec 22, 2008
melliff wrote:
The Bears have had two earlier chances to solidify their playoff position. First against Green Bay, then again against Minnesaota. We all know what happened. With everyone focussing on the game between Minnesaota and the Giants, ready to point accusing fingers that the Giants won't play their starters, the Bears will most likely flop again against Green Bay and take all the air out of the playoff ballon. I have absolutely no confidence in a Lovie Smith coached team in a big game scenario.
Very well said. Even if Da Bayerz are ahead at the helf, they will be thoroughly out-coached in the second half.

Look for the Bayers to come out of the gate strong and then get out-coached and outclassed in the second half by a completely inferior Packers team.
West Coast Cali Bear

Belgium

#47 Dec 22, 2008
Benson will not turn into Jim Brown. Just like the Bears will not turn into the 49ers in their heyday. Don't be surprise if the Bears find a way to mess things for themselves. But I have them winning tonight and next week against the Texans.
Bears fan in Green Bay

Oshkosh, WI

#48 Dec 22, 2008
Tim wrote:
<quoted text>
Sadly, I have to agree with you.
Lovie Smith is a fantastic coach. Unfortunately, he has an atrocious set of receivers, a subpar quarterback and an unimaginative offensive coordinator. I think the Bears problem is ultimately administrative. They just don't know how to run a football team. Up here in Green Bay we joke the worst thing a Bears offensive player can do as far as job security is play well. Those always seem to be the guys who get cut or traded. Berrian? Thomas Jones?
truth talker

Downers Grove, IL

#49 Dec 23, 2008
truth talker wrote:
Ok, tonight is the biggest game for the Bears in a couple of years. Lets see how Lovie goes about coaching them as the game goes on. Bet he will do his normal thing and act like it is a normal game and be in his normal comatose state on the sidelines. One other thing that will be important is to see if the receivers will be able to catch the ball. They don't want to talk about it so see if they catch them in the cold. Lets see what happens!
Look what happened, they couldn't catch a cold and that is play on words! Did a wide receiver catch a pass, Hester maybe 2 but what about the others-Davis? Booker is terrible right between the numbers and he drops it. Only receivers to keep for next year are the tight ends. Tell the others to find new teams. Where is Haas-Lovie? Oh yea, he is white and slow but he can catch the ball. Hire Jaworski and maybe he can help Orton learn how to the throw the ball. The Bears QB coach sure hasn't helped him at all. Thank God the competition is terrible or the Bears would be way out of the playoffs. Start over Bears, go back to Decatur and be the Staleys once again. For you dummies that is where the Bears started.
Pete

Texarkana, AR

#50 Dec 23, 2008
Bears and Texans
If Bears win, they need Vikings to lose
1bearsfan

United States

#51 Dec 23, 2008
duff wrote:
Playoffs are attainable, but i know the bears cannot put on much more than a three game win streak. I'm a bears fan,but I'm not insane they are not a playoff team. Everybody would want the bears in the first game. Ive seen enough this year
Hey Doofis: You are a Bears fan? Really? I think you are a total Fair Weather Fan!! You only come out of the woodwork to support,when your team is winning! All Viking Fans are Fair Weather Fans.They dont even know what loyalty is!! The Bears will win the Division at 10-6!! the Viqueens will finish 2nd at 9-7!! The Vikings are Chokesters,they always have been! The Bears will Rightfully win the Division at 10-6!! they will advance to the Super Bowl VS the Titans and win 20-17!!! BEAR DOWN!! GO BEARS,2008 DIVISION CHAMPS!! I BELIEVE!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cedric Benson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New Law Requires Breathalyzers On Cars Of Illin... (Jun '08) Jun '13 Bill W 33
News Green Bay Packers: Eddie Lacy says 'I'm going t... (May '13) May '13 GBPfan 48
News Packers running backs have got to be looking ov... (Apr '13) May '13 Mister Pack 5
News Green Bay Packers 2013 Mock Draft: Looking at P... (Apr '13) Apr '13 eric 3
News Would Rashard Mendenhall be a Good Fit For The ... (Jan '13) Jan '13 eric 3
News Packers ponder lead-back options (Jan '13) Jan '13 Laughing Bear Fan 7
News The top 10 Packers storylines of 2012 (Jan '13) Jan '13 GBPmies 2
More from around the web