Bears fans, don't question this oppor...

Bears fans, don't question this opportunity. Enjoy it.

There are 51 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Dec 21, 2008, titled Bears fans, don't question this opportunity. Enjoy it.. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

As a bizarre Sunday played out, it came to me that those of us who pay attention to the NFL aren't so different from the philosophers who ask why we're here, what our purpose is in life and whether anybody can ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Jeff

Chicago, IL

#1 Dec 21, 2008
Well, the Giants have absolutely nothing to play for next week. Go Bears tomorrow night! However, let's be honest, with the playoffs on the line, at home and with David Carr QBing the Giants, the Vikings are still overwhelming favorites to win the Central.

It's a longshot for the bears and I wouldn't bet a measly 10 bucks on them making hte playoffs, but it could happen.
PapaBear

Wheaton, IL

#2 Dec 21, 2008
Cedric will turn into the next Anthony Thomas...by the way, is he in the league anymore?
Mike

West Chicago, IL

#3 Dec 21, 2008
Is it just me, or does anyone else have the feeling that Rick is trying way too hard?
Stephen

Houston, TX

#4 Dec 21, 2008
The Giants will have absolutely nothing to play for, but they will probably play their starter for at least the first half. Also, last year the Giants didn't have anything to play for when they played New England tough on the last regular season game.
maddog

Chicago, IL

#5 Dec 21, 2008
The Bears will be slightly ahead at half, at which point the Packers will care much more about getting on a warm bus as quickly as possible than winning a meaningless (for them) game and the Bears will win going away. Minnesota will probably lose to the Giants because that's what they do in December, and the Bears will win in Houston on a last minute field goal. Then they will lose in the first round.
melliff

Raleigh, NC

#6 Dec 22, 2008
The Bears have had two earlier chances to solidify their playoff position. First against Green Bay, then again against Minnesaota. We all know what happened. With everyone focussing on the game between Minnesaota and the Giants, ready to point accusing fingers that the Giants won't play their starters, the Bears will most likely flop again against Green Bay and take all the air out of the playoff ballon. I have absolutely no confidence in a Lovie Smith coached team in a big game scenario.
Falcon Fan

Covington, GA

#7 Dec 22, 2008
Go Bears, we helped you guys out last night, now go and take care of business. Let me tell you this, even saying the Falcons are in the playoffs would deem anyone a stay in a mental ward, so ANYTHING is possible. Win tonight and let next week take care of itself. I think a Giants second string could beat the Vikes, especially the way they played yesterday. You could tell the pressure to not fail was more extreme than just winning.
By the way, I need Matt Forte in a huge way tonight in my fantasy league, anyone know his status?
Butch of Rogers Park

Naperville, IL

#8 Dec 22, 2008
melliff wrote:
... I have absolutely no confidence in a Lovie Smith coached team in a big game scenario.
...with the exception of the two division clinching games and the NFC championship game you are right--he can't win the big game!
Butch of Rogers Park

Naperville, IL

#9 Dec 22, 2008
Falcon Fan wrote:
By the way, I need Matt Forte in a huge way tonight in my fantasy league, anyone know his status?
Speaking of fantasy leagues, I just won my league with Cedric Benson and Derrick Ward as my backfield. God, it would be good to have a second running back that could contribute.
Chuck D of Valpo

Valparaiso, IN

#10 Dec 22, 2008
My Christmas wish ? Peace on earth and good will to all. Perhaps a smidgen of good luck. Final score....The Bears a balmy 70 and Green Bay a chilly 0. This season is not over. Stay focused and play hard. Perhaps Santa will deliver a couple more losses by the Cowboys, Buc, and/or the Vikings.
Anthony

United States

#11 Dec 22, 2008
The Bears don't deserve to be iin the playoffs. They will probably blow it tonight anyway.

We need to get rid of Lovie and Babich before we can start thinking playoffs.
Red

Cicero, IL

#12 Dec 22, 2008
Chuck D of Valpo wrote:
My Christmas wish ? Peace on earth and good will to all. Perhaps a smidgen of good luck. Final score....The Bears a balmy 70 and Green Bay a chilly 0. This season is not over. Stay focused and play hard. Perhaps Santa will deliver a couple more losses by the Cowboys, Buc, and/or the Vikings.
If the Cowboys and Bucs get beat, the Eagles get the wild-card.
Sid

Mobile, AL

#13 Dec 22, 2008
SUPER BEARS! SUPER BOWL!
BearDown

Libertyville, IL

#14 Dec 22, 2008
Its there for the taking. TAKE IT!!!!
Sublime1

Denver, CO

#15 Dec 22, 2008
BearDown wrote:
Its there for the taking. TAKE IT!!!!
A lot of things need to go right for the bears to get in. We had some freaky luck this weekend in that all the teams we needed to lose actually lost. We need the bears to win out and we need some more luck. That is asking a lot in my opinion.
Football Expert

Michigan City, IN

#16 Dec 22, 2008
I will tell you now with a great degree of certitude that thi sbunch of losers and coaching staff wil FAIL< FAIL tonight when it matters. It is obvious they have not got what it takes and I laugh at all these folks who are in dreamland of playoffs .. it will not happen ... I will be back in the morning and you can confirm my right-ness herein.

FE
truth talker

Downers Grove, IL

#17 Dec 22, 2008
Ok, tonight is the biggest game for the Bears in a couple of years. Lets see how Lovie goes about coaching them as the game goes on. Bet he will do his normal thing and act like it is a normal game and be in his normal comatose state on the sidelines. One other thing that will be important is to see if the receivers will be able to catch the ball. They don't want to talk about it so see if they catch them in the cold. Lets see what happens!
lem

Wahiawa, HI

#18 Dec 22, 2008
Benson is easy to explain. The guy has some phycial talents, but is a head case. He can certainly have some success when the psychological mix is right for him (he hasn't found anything to be unhappy about yet in Cinci, and he has something to prove now), but just wait until he gets pouty. Or until they play a team with a pass rush - watch his matador routine hurt his own rushing stats.
lem

Wahiawa, HI

#19 Dec 22, 2008
Also remember that the early returns on Thomas Jones in NY were negative - and look who's the 4th leading rusher in the league right now.
Chuck

United States

#20 Dec 22, 2008
Mike wrote:
Is it just me, or does anyone else have the feeling that Rick is trying way too hard?
Just you

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cedric Benson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New Law Requires Breathalyzers On Cars Of Illin... (Jun '08) Jun '13 Bill W 33
News Green Bay Packers: Eddie Lacy says 'I'm going t... (May '13) May '13 GBPfan 48
News Packers running backs have got to be looking ov... (Apr '13) May '13 Mister Pack 5
News Green Bay Packers 2013 Mock Draft: Looking at P... (Apr '13) Apr '13 eric 3
News Would Rashard Mendenhall be a Good Fit For The ... (Jan '13) Jan '13 eric 3
News Packers ponder lead-back options (Jan '13) Jan '13 Laughing Bear Fan 7
News The top 10 Packers storylines of 2012 (Jan '13) Jan '13 GBPmies 2
More from around the web