'Rejuvenated' Cedric Benson finds his...

'Rejuvenated' Cedric Benson finds his home with Cincinnati Bengals

There are 40 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Mar 4, 2009, titled 'Rejuvenated' Cedric Benson finds his home with Cincinnati Bengals. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Cincinnati is celebrating' the signing of running back Cedric Benson to a two-year, $7 million contract.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
DLK

Chicago, IL

#22 Mar 5, 2009
Ced is like Ricky Williams without the talent. Puff puff.
Sterilize u deserve it

Elmhurst, IL

#23 Mar 5, 2009
Bensons a lazy pothead blessed with talent he's to dumb to appreciate. When he first showed up to training camp the team was surprised to see he was fat, they made comments about running backs in the league having six packs and muscle definition. Compared to TJ Ced looked like Peter from the family guy. Ced can make a highlight or two but when the stuff hits the fan he's a coward. Anyone remember the SuperBowl? Or how about the Chargers game in 07?
Christopher Mitchell

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#24 Mar 5, 2009
No support, the Bears practically gave him the job, he runs with his head down, and rarely breaks runs further than 10 yards, what a relief to be rid of him and Grossman, although I do question the teaching and player developments of the Bear coachs.And please answer why every time we release a receiver, he flourishes somewhere else?
The real- really

New York, NY

#25 Mar 5, 2009
Why is Haugh and some Bears fans obsessing about Benson? He's gone! Why even bring the guy up? He isnt a Bear anymore! Next story please!
The real- really

New York, NY

#26 Mar 5, 2009
why are Haugh and some Bears fans, etc..
liquid

Chicago, IL

#27 Mar 5, 2009
who cares? can we stop talking about these dead-beat former bears please, and discuss something that is actually relevant to our team?
Wait till 2108

Laurel, MD

#28 Mar 5, 2009
Break a leg Cedric. Literally.
WI Bear

Somerset, WI

#29 Mar 5, 2009
I kinda liked the "Ickey Shuffle" --- with Benson it'll just be ickey AND a shuffle.

Can't wait till we play the Bungles, but it would be even better if Grossman had to step in for Palmer --- what fun to watch the defense go after Clueless Rex and Bumbling Benson!
a GIANT forever

Bronx, NY

#30 Mar 5, 2009
WI Bear wrote:
I kinda liked the "Ickey Shuffle" --- with Benson it'll just be ickey AND a shuffle.
Can't wait till we play the Bungles, but it would be even better if Grossman had to step in for Palmer --- what fun to watch the defense go after Clueless Rex and Bumbling Benson!
who has a better qb the bungles or the bearettes.THE BUNGLES!should b careful who u make fun of.carson palmer is one of the best in the nfl definit top 5.the last i checked 1thru4 wasnt a bear.
greg from chicago

Edwardsburg, MI

#31 Mar 5, 2009
Stosh wrote:
ok jerseygirl... what ever you say.
"what ever" is one word... should be "whatever".
greg from chicago

Edwardsburg, MI

#32 Mar 5, 2009
Da Bearss wrote:
I just hope the stars align to that we face Rex and Ced at Cincy. What a treat for our D! The secondary will get 5 picks and the front seven will have Ced crying like it was Draft Day all over again!
Oh sure... the Bear's defense is SOOO tough?? I'm sure it would go down like that. Absolute silliness.
Bill

Redwood City, CA

#33 Mar 6, 2009
jerseyboy wrote:
it sure did and i can see him running over urlacher. i guarantee you they will have to put 8 in the box to stop benson. make excuses if you want haugh but every player that leaves chicago always seem to find a way to embarass the bears. berrian 99 touchdown pass from an old man with a weak arm. the chicago bears are pathetic. i really hope rex gets a chance to play against this soft team.
I'm with you. Chicago has no ability to "Develop" talent. Poor coaching all the way around. Look at Grossman. I potential diamond that was successfully destroyed by the fans, media and staff. This season should be interesting at least.
Dan Brezden

Canada

#34 Mar 6, 2009
Who scouted him indeed. Ever watch Benson at Texas? He needed a lot of carries to be effective by the 4th Q. Young was the running QB compliment that made Benson star at UT. He's not an NFL type "feature" back unless you run exactly that kind of offense. No one does. Never rated a first round pick, quit blaming the kid and look at the decision.
a GIANT forever

Bronx, NY

#35 Mar 6, 2009
greg from chicago wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh sure... the Bear's defense is SOOO tough?? I'm sure it would go down like that. Absolute silliness.
i think your d is still scary.i just think the bears need to really up grade there offense.there were some big names out there that the bears just blew off.they havent shown there fans that they mean business in 09they didnt make any real big moves.r they over the cap!i really thought the bears were going to bring in a qb this year.CHRIS SIMMS i really thought he was a shoe in for the bears.
Common thread

Cedar Park, TX

#36 Mar 6, 2009
Seems to me like a lot of players don't want to play for the Bears, if so many are considering the Bengals and other teams. Maybe the Bears have to look a little deeper why these top drafts are not performing for them but can perform elsewhere. It seems to me the common thread is the Bears staff and higher ups, the attitude comes from them.
ATX Cop

Cedar Park, TX

#37 Mar 6, 2009
David was given sufficient information for him to know that Cedric was innocent. However, instead of reporting on the facts David chose to ignore them. Now he must justify his past misdeeds by continuing to write about how he was right. Let it go.

Since: Nov 07

Glenmont, NY

#38 Mar 7, 2009
Christopher Mitchell wrote:
please answer why every time we release a receiver, he flourishes somewhere else?
Name one...And flourish doesn't mean "average".

Since: Nov 07

Glenmont, NY

#39 Mar 7, 2009
Dan Brezden wrote:
Ever watch Benson at Texas? He needed a lot of carries to be effective by the 4th Q.
Ever see the size of the holes he ran through? Every highlight of him was running through a big hole. I think it was more a matter of his o-line wearing down the defensive line rather than Benson "improving with more carries" ....think about it.
BensonBacker

Milford, OH

#40 Mar 7, 2009
I'm a Cincinnati Bengal fan and I like the way Benson runs. It will be interesting to see the Bears vs. the Bengals this year. I'll visit this site again after the game to discuss further how Urlacher rips his head off.

“Stimulate THIS!”

Since: Aug 08

West Frankfort, IL

#41 Mar 10, 2009
BensonBacker wrote:
I'm a Cincinnati Bengal fan and I like the way Benson runs. It will be interesting to see the Bears vs. the Bengals this year. I'll visit this site again after the game to discuss further how Urlacher rips his head off.
If our GM has any smarts (he doesn't) he would deal the overrated and overpaid wigga Urlacher. I'd take a 2nd round pick for him if someone was that stupid to pay it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cedric Benson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New Law Requires Breathalyzers On Cars Of Illin... (Jun '08) Jun '13 Bill W 33
News Green Bay Packers: Eddie Lacy says 'I'm going t... (May '13) May '13 GBPfan 48
News Packers running backs have got to be looking ov... (Apr '13) May '13 Mister Pack 5
News Green Bay Packers 2013 Mock Draft: Looking at P... (Apr '13) Apr '13 eric 3
News Would Rashard Mendenhall be a Good Fit For The ... (Jan '13) Jan '13 eric 3
News Packers ponder lead-back options (Jan '13) Jan '13 Laughing Bear Fan 7
News The top 10 Packers storylines of 2012 (Jan '13) Jan '13 GBPmies 2
More from around the web