'Rejuvenated' Cedric Benson finds his...

'Rejuvenated' Cedric Benson finds his home with Cincinnati Bengals

There are 40 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Mar 4, 2009, titled 'Rejuvenated' Cedric Benson finds his home with Cincinnati Bengals. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Cincinnati is celebrating' the signing of running back Cedric Benson to a two-year, $7 million contract.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
earthquakejake

Omaha, NE

#1 Mar 4, 2009
The key phrase in the interview that summarized Ced's selfish attitude was "or not getting the ball enough".

I'm so glad that the Bears finally got rid of this Diva. They should have cut the cord following the '06 season and kept the real leader that took them to the Super Bowl, Thomas Jones. Jones was a true blue collar grunt that worked along side the O-line, instead of expecting the O-line worship him like Benson did. I doubt that anyone on the team (other than J.A.) respected the prima donna, including the defense (I'm "sure" that the hard hit causing the shoulder separation was "not intentional"). Matt Forte realized that he had to pay his dues in the preseason to earn his teamates' respect, and look how the line performed for one of their own this last season.

I can't wait to see the Bears/Bengals game and watch Urlacher, Harris, and Payne tear Benson's head off. How excited do you think Olin Kruetz would be to have a crack at Benson on defense? Kruetz and I can imagine.
From IL to FL

Hobe Sound, FL

#2 Mar 4, 2009
And why should we care about this overpaid deadbeat. He was drafted by the Bears in the first round and then paid big money for nothing. With hardworking people out of work all over this country, we have to hear about another underperforming louse getting multiple chances to earn their pay.
Michigan Bears Fan

United States

#3 Mar 4, 2009
Must be a slow night. I would have thought a lot more folks would have weighed in by now on this nincompoop.
The only thing I wonder though. Between Angelo and Benson, who's the bigger fool?
Chicago Jim

Cantua Creek, CA

#4 Mar 4, 2009
BUST 3.49 yards per carry...total bust!!!!! Angelo BUST ...Lovie Bust ..good riddens
jerseyboy

Bridgewater, NJ

#5 Mar 4, 2009
it sure did and i can see him running over urlacher. i guarantee you they will have to put 8 in the box to stop benson. make excuses if you want haugh but every player that leaves chicago always seem to find a way to embarass the bears. berrian 99 touchdown pass from an old man with a weak arm. the chicago bears are pathetic. i really hope rex gets a chance to play against this soft team.
rocco

Nashville, TN

#6 Mar 4, 2009
Michigan Bears Fan wrote:
Must be a slow night. I would have thought a lot more folks would have weighed in by now on this nincompoop.
The only thing I wonder though. Between Angelo and Benson, who's the bigger fool?
this article made such a stir that the earlier comments have since been removed (14 comments when I left mine)...there were a lot of ced defenders and the usual mix of completely off base comments like a guy calling the bears racists for leeting go of ced...i guess the trib or haugh got their panties in a bunch. I was hoping benson would eventually read my comments too, b/c i feel he disgraced the navy and orange uniform...
Reeves

Manakin Sabot, VA

#7 Mar 4, 2009
This article is like talking trash about an ex-girlfriend. Get over it. Benson will be fine in cincy. Who Dey.
jim

Japan

#9 Mar 5, 2009
Did he get to keep all of the 40$Million of his intial signing with the Bears? Highway robbery. Who scouted this guy, and why didn't he join the Bulls instead?
MR KENNEDY

Rensselaer, IN

#10 Mar 5, 2009
That kid was nothing but lazy and everyone knew it.Crying because the Bears drafted him,now that is a new low for even the Bears.Jerry tossing Lovie under the bus now that is priceless.Jerry has seen enough of Lovie launching his draft picks.Why do you think the Bears are standing pat on free agents this year?Give Lovie enough gas and he will burn himself.

“Stimulate THIS!”

Since: Aug 08

West Frankfort, IL

#11 Mar 5, 2009
As Alec Baldwin's character said in the great movie "Glengary Glenross", while in the sales meeting trying to motivate the salesmen, "A loser is still a loser. Hit the bricks pal. You see this watch? You see this watch? This watch cost more than your car."

Another JA bustout.
Anchor

Chicago, IL

#12 Mar 5, 2009
So happy he's outta Chicago.
Not so happy he drove Thomas Jones, a class act, out of Chicago. Everyone in Chicago respected Jones for his work ethic and team spirit. In fact, he was only one of the few that actually did not bash on Grossman, hahaha. Regardless, still a class act. Hate that hes gone thou...
Da Bearss

United States

#13 Mar 5, 2009
I just hope the stars align to that we face Rex and Ced at Cincy. What a treat for our D! The secondary will get 5 picks and the front seven will have Ced crying like it was Draft Day all over again!
NumberNine

Bradenton, FL

#14 Mar 5, 2009
I wish every writer into these forums the very best.

I wish Cedric and Rex the very best too.

Life goes along much easier and is much more enjoyable that way.

But, it seems there are so many bitter, hateful people in Chicago now days. Always doom and gloom, always worrying about how much more money than them someone is making, always criticizing.....

Whatever happened to the people of Chicago that has made them this way?
koachditker

Carol Stream, IL

#15 Mar 5, 2009
Anchor wrote:
So happy he's outta Chicago.
Not so happy he drove Thomas Jones, a class act, out of Chicago. Everyone in Chicago respected Jones for his work ethic and team spirit. In fact, he was only one of the few that actually did not bash on Grossman, hahaha. Regardless, still a class act. Hate that hes gone thou...
Was there another Thomas Jones that we don't know about? The one that played for the Bears is on his fourth team and never has a good thing to say about anybody.
Mgray

Atlanta, GA

#16 Mar 5, 2009
Bet cash monet Benson out GAINS every running back in Chicago next season. How many yards per carry did Forte average?
Stosh

Lake Zurich, IL

#17 Mar 5, 2009
ok jerseygirl... what ever you say.
sowhat

Northbrook, IL

#18 Mar 5, 2009
Who cares? The Bungles can't win anyway.
BsD

Chicago, IL

#19 Mar 5, 2009
Was Benson ever "juvenated"...at all....ever? How can he be rejuvenated?
Thomas

Oklahoma City, OK

#20 Mar 5, 2009
Backing up Carson Palmer, where were all these teams that were going to rush out to make Rex their starter??? Almost half the league by some accounts of the grossman backers.

Grossman and Ole one and done Benson, that should be a good offense.
quills

West Chicago, IL

#21 Mar 5, 2009
Benson should feel right at home with the Bengals. They have the longest list of felons in the league right above the Cowboys. They all have something in common to talk about. Most of them can probably tell you which jails have the best food in the major cities in the States and the quickest bail bondsmen. Benson

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cedric Benson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New Law Requires Breathalyzers On Cars Of Illin... (Jun '08) Jun '13 Bill W 33
News Green Bay Packers: Eddie Lacy says 'I'm going t... (May '13) May '13 GBPfan 48
News Packers running backs have got to be looking ov... (Apr '13) May '13 Mister Pack 5
News Green Bay Packers 2013 Mock Draft: Looking at P... (Apr '13) Apr '13 eric 3
News Would Rashard Mendenhall be a Good Fit For The ... (Jan '13) Jan '13 eric 3
News Packers ponder lead-back options (Jan '13) Jan '13 Laughing Bear Fan 7
News The top 10 Packers storylines of 2012 (Jan '13) Jan '13 GBPmies 2
More from around the web