Steelers' Woodley: Patriots will 'lay down' on Sunday

Full story: Lowell Sun 11
Linebacker LaMarr Woodley predicts the New England Patriots and Cincinnati Bengals will "lay down" for their virtually meaningless games Sunday because they don't want the Super Bowl champion Steelers to make the playoffs. Read more
Mike

Cambridge, MA

#1 Dec 31, 2009
Yeah, that's it loudmouth. The Pats wouldn't just be smart about not getting their starters injured. No. You're right, it's a big conspiracy to avoid playing teams like yours that aren't good enough to control their own destiny. Please tell me you can't reproduce. The gene pool already has too much chlorine.

Since: Dec 08

Latrobe, PA

#2 Dec 31, 2009
Mike wrote:
Yeah, that's it loudmouth. The Pats wouldn't just be smart about not getting their starters injured. No. You're right, it's a big conspiracy to avoid playing teams like yours that aren't good enough to control their own destiny. Please tell me you can't reproduce. The gene pool already has too much chlorine.
True. The Pats don't have the depth to overcome a lot of injuries.
kevin

United States

#3 Dec 31, 2009
Actually the Steelers are horrible this year, the Pats would rather play them than the Jets, Baltimore, Denver or even Oakland.
Rex J Steelman

Slippery Rock, PA

#4 Dec 31, 2009
Biff 33 wrote:
<quoted text>True. The Pats don't have the depth to overcome a lot of injuries.
Ain't that the truth. Add in the internal dissension, and this is a fragile team heading into the postseason.

Latrobe, PA

#5 Dec 31, 2009
kevin wrote:
Actually the Steelers are horrible this year, the Pats would rather play them than the Jets, Baltimore, Denver or even Oakland.
Maybe so, maybe not. We've just collected two wins versus playoff teams (GB and BAL).
Mom of 4

Pepperell, MA

#6 Dec 31, 2009
Sorry, LaMarr, it's not all about the Steelers. If you controlled your own playoff hopes on your own, you wouldn't have anything to whine about. We won 11 last year, without Tom, and still did not make the playoffs. We weren't whining. And if Pittsburg had to play in the wildcard game last year without Big Ben (because you are too good to protect your starters), you might not have made it to the Superbowl.
no one

Scottsdale, AZ

#7 Dec 31, 2009
any team that was caught secretly recording clips of the other teams is just pathetic. pats = liars pirates and thiefs !!
Crybaby

Atlanta, GA

#9 Dec 31, 2009
Another crybaby loser, whats the matter, your team has Super Bowls to be proud of?
no one wrote:
any team that was caught secretly recording clips of the other teams is just pathetic. pats = liars pirates and thiefs !!

Latrobe, PA

#11 Dec 31, 2009
Flagged wrote:
<quoted text>
thanks to some late penalty calls .... the ref has decided most of your wins ...
Please provide evidence. There were some incorrect calls against the Steelers as well, or do you just pick and choose which apply to your satisfaction?

Latrobe, PA

#12 Dec 31, 2009
sla wrote:
<quoted text> Dont you remember 3 supper Bowl 3 Rings, Ding Bat.
I just had a supper bowl of crab soup.
Rex J Steelman

Slippery Rock, PA

#15 Jan 1, 2010
I agree with all the chowder-dribblers that Woodley's comments aren't going to have any effect on Brady and Belichick. They might prompt Ocho Cinco to get out there and prance for an extra quarter or two, though. And in any case, I think the Bengal backups are probably capable of beating the Jets.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Casey Hampton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Reader's Mock Draft - Dallas Cowboys are On the... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Dirt 1
News Where Do the Baltimore Ravens Stand in the AFC ... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Eddie rice 1
News Predicting the Pittsburgh Steelers' Free-Agent ... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Reginald 1
News OK Steelers, Playoffs Start Now: A Motivational... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Paul bleeds Purple 4
News 2012 Pittsburgh Steelers' Most Disappointing Pl... (Oct '12) Oct '12 BlitzburghX7 10
News Steelers pick up roles as Batman movie extras (Aug '11) Sep '11 Batfarts 3
News Respectful Jets not talking trash about Steelers (Jan '11) Jan '11 skidrow wilson 38
More from around the web