Peter King Goes List Crazy

Peter King Goes List Crazy

There are 2 comments on the Mondesi's House story from Sep 1, 2007, titled Peter King Goes List Crazy. In it, Mondesi's House reports that:

I thought I was long-winded on occasion, and then I saw this list from SI.com's Peter King...the epic " King 500 " of the "500 Best Players in the NFL". From 1 to 500 , King ranks 'em as he sees 'em. The ... via Mondesi's House

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Mondesi's House.

lkwdsteel

Denver, CO

#1 Sep 2, 2007
5 steelers out of the top 200? King must REALLY have loved Cowher's game day coaching skills (even though we all know he had none)!
Funny how the teams they beat every year like a rented mule have more top players than the steelers.
I'm thinking that a lot of "experts" are going to be changing their minds by mid season this year.
Doublebulldog

Slippery Rock, PA

#2 Sep 2, 2007
lkwdsteel wrote:
5 steelers out of the top 200? King must REALLY have loved Cowher's game day coaching skills (even though we all know he had none)!
Funny how the teams they beat every year like a rented mule have more top players than the steelers.
I'm thinking that a lot of "experts" are going to be changing their minds by mid season this year.
Well said, Lkwdsteel. It seems sometimes like there is a kind of anti-Steeler bias among a lot of the media. Other than Merrill Hoge, who thinks the Steelers are going to go undefeated every year, there aren't many analysts who seem to really notice the Steelers--despite their incredible winning percentage in recent years. Steve Young takes every opportunity to badmouth them; Bill Parcells never seemed to know much about them; John Madden clearly never forgave them for the Immaculate Reception.
But who cares? I have a feeling they're going to make people notice them, and these commentators, and Vegas oddsmakers, who give Tomlin a "C" as coach (because he's an "unknown quantity" replacing a legend) are going to feel especially foolish.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Casey Hampton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Reader's Mock Draft - Dallas Cowboys are On the... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Dirt 1
News Where Do the Baltimore Ravens Stand in the AFC ... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Eddie rice 1
News Predicting the Pittsburgh Steelers' Free-Agent ... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Reginald 1
News OK Steelers, Playoffs Start Now: A Motivational... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Paul bleeds Purple 4
News 2012 Pittsburgh Steelers' Most Disappointing Pl... (Oct '12) Oct '12 BlitzburghX7 10
News Steelers pick up roles as Batman movie extras (Aug '11) Sep '11 Batfarts 3
News Respectful Jets not talking trash about Steelers (Jan '11) Jan '11 skidrow wilson 38
More from around the web