Take your pick: 'D' or offense

Take your pick: 'D' or offense

There are 7 comments on the GoErie.com story from Jan 27, 2009, titled Take your pick: 'D' or offense. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

There are two competing thoughts emerging when it comes to picking the Super Bowl winner this year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

Since: Sep 08

ERIE, PA

#2 Jan 27, 2009
The Cards are a good team, but the Steelers are gonna take this one. It will be very interesting to see these two teams play, I am sooo excited. I too have always liked Coah Tomlin and the way he handles things, and I'm very impressed how he has led his team to a Super Bowl second year in. This will definately be a good game all the way around.
Rod Tidwell

AOL

#3 Jan 27, 2009
Yes, off a team that Cowher built. Tomlin reminds me of John Gruden and Barry Switzer. If it happens, winning a Super Bowl off teams someone else built...now look at those two jokes. One jobless and one doing the FOX NFL Pregame show. Tomlin next in 5 years.

Since: Dec 08

Latrobe, PA

#4 Jan 27, 2009
Rod Tidwell wrote:
Yes, off a team that Cowher built. Tomlin reminds me of John Gruden and Barry Switzer. If it happens, winning a Super Bowl off teams someone else built...now look at those two jokes. One jobless and one doing the FOX NFL Pregame show. Tomlin next in 5 years.
I would disagree to an extant, a lot of these guys were put into place by Bill Cowher, but there is a stamp from Tomlin too.
Rod Tidwell

AOL

#5 Jan 27, 2009
Yea, ok. A stamp or Bill Cowhers old play book.

Since: Dec 08

Latrobe, PA

#6 Jan 27, 2009
Rod Tidwell wrote:
Yea, ok. A stamp or Bill Cowhers old play book.
Well then did Cowher take Noll's? Whats the difference?

Since: Sep 08

ERIE, PA

#7 Jan 27, 2009
Look, the Steelers are known for keeping their coaches for a long time. In my lifetime, there have only been 3 coaches, and all 3 of them are great. All I'm saying is, I would imagine it would be very difficult to go in as a coach to a team that has been set in their ways for over 10 years, and to keep them well meshed and on the same page to go to another Super Bowl. I have great respect for all of them, and yes, Cowher did a good job, but Tomlin is doing things his way. Tomlin will be around for longer than 5 years, because this team sticks with their coaches, and they know what works.
Yinzer101

Canonsburg, PA

#8 Jan 27, 2009
STEELERS ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!6 baby!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Casey Hampton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Reader's Mock Draft - Dallas Cowboys are On the... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Dirt 1
News Where Do the Baltimore Ravens Stand in the AFC ... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Eddie rice 1
News Predicting the Pittsburgh Steelers' Free-Agent ... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Reginald 1
News OK Steelers, Playoffs Start Now: A Motivational... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Paul bleeds Purple 4
News 2012 Pittsburgh Steelers' Most Disappointing Pl... (Oct '12) Oct '12 BlitzburghX7 10
News Steelers pick up roles as Batman movie extras (Aug '11) Sep '11 Batfarts 3
News Respectful Jets not talking trash about Steelers (Jan '11) Jan '11 skidrow wilson 38
More from around the web