Ravens versus Steelers a clash of NFL...

Ravens versus Steelers a clash of NFL's top-ranked defenses

There are 393 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Sep 23, 2008, titled Ravens versus Steelers a clash of NFL's top-ranked defenses. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

First place in the AFC North won't be the only thing on the line Monday night in Pittsburgh.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

First Prev
of 20
Next Last
phish

United States

#1 Sep 23, 2008
man, I can not wait for Monday Night this week! This going to be such a great game. Smash-mouth Football, YEAH BABY! Bring it on Pittsburgh, Bring, It, On!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!GO RAVENS!!!!!!!!!!
Dumb Idea Detector

Bristol, CT

#2 Sep 23, 2008
Nice article, but a closing paragraph would have been the icing on the cake. What happened J?

You've got me really psyched for this game. Should be a great one.
UnbeLIEveable

Bel Air, MD

#3 Sep 23, 2008
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/preps/football...

WJZ aired a report this morning that indicated that NO adult present, including the referees heard any such comment(s)!

I gues you can take the bro out of the hood but you can't take the hood out of the bro...
Joe Mess East BMore

Columbia, MD

#4 Sep 23, 2008
Here we come Jen. I just love us going to Sh*ttsburgh to beat on one of my favorite girls in the league....Jen Rothliesberger. By the way, was that an NFL team or a WNBA team that we just played. I saw so many b*tches wearing Orange I got confused. Rumor is that The Clowns Skill Players are about to put out a Bikini Calender for ESPN to sell. You go girls!!! Bring on the B*tches...
Joe

Malvern, PA

#5 Sep 23, 2008
This is all good and all, but the Ravens just have to execute now and play their game. They will win if they do that, Big Ben won't have time to throw again, and he might even be injured after meeting Bart Scott or T Sizzle again.
Anti Gary

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#6 Sep 23, 2008
UnbeLIEveable wrote:
http://www.usatoday.com/sports /preps/football/2008-09-22-md- prep-taunts_N.htm
WJZ aired a report this morning that indicated that NO adult present, including the referees heard any such comment(s)!
I gues you can take the bro out of the hood but you can't take the hood out of the bro...
Name one successful African American from Cumberland. Dunbar chose a bad place to go play. I hope other high schools from Baltimore and Washington pay attention to the issues in Western Maryland. I experienced similar dealings while attending college up there in Garrett and Allegany Co. Its funny you bring up officials. Ask CCBC basketball coach Roger Dickens or Garrett Co. basketball Dennis Gibson coaches about the officials when they play Allegany College. Teams have been cheated for over 20 years in Trojan land. Keep your comments to the Ravens and leave these mountain issues to the politicians. You are an idiot. I will also say that you are most likely a Harford County red neck!!
Joe Mess East BMore

Columbia, MD

#7 Sep 23, 2008
Joe wrote:
This is all good and all, but the Ravens just have to execute now and play their game. They will win if they do that, Big Ben won't have time to throw again, and he might even be injured after meeting Bart Scott or T Sizzle again.
Very well said..but you have heard anything about the rumored bikini calender?
RavenKen

United States

#8 Sep 23, 2008
Thanks Oz, for putting together a great defense year after year. Now that we have a real coach, I anticipate our offense getting better and better. Go Ravens!
Motorhead Fan

Richmond, VA

#9 Sep 23, 2008
In this game, time of possession, especially early on, will be critical. The team with the best rested defense at the end of the game stands to win.
Fells Point Craig

United States

#10 Sep 23, 2008
It will be a blood bath in P-burgh! Hope the Ravens can keep it close. This game will be very telling about the direction of both teams! Lets Go Flacco!
Prospect Expert

Hyattsville, MD

#11 Sep 23, 2008
Everyone should get a load of this:

Ron Cook
Despite loss, Steelers best in division
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
By Ron Cook, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Steelers are going to win the AFC North Division. Let's get that straight right at the top. As badly as they played in Philadelphia Sunday, they still are better than Baltimore, Cleveland and Cincinnati. They will prove that again Monday night when they smack down the Ravens at Heinz Field.

I'm thinking something along the lines of 35-10.

Seriously.

Now, I'm no football expert but has this guy seen the Ravens''D' this season?

If the Eagles can manhandle the Steelers, I'd hate to think what the Ravens are capable of doing?

Since: Jan 08

Ruffs Dale, PA

#12 Sep 23, 2008
Its going to be a hard nose football game on Monday night ...not this 35 to 30 at the end of two quarter .

Go Ravens

win score 9/6 Ravens
kevin

New York, NY

#13 Sep 23, 2008
no way the ravens score 35 points against pitt. 17 would be my guess for an absolute max. if ben doesnt play no way does leftwich beat us. if ben does play we are in trouble.

“The Lombardi Sixpack”

Since: Feb 08

East Butler, PA

#14 Sep 23, 2008
BirdLand wrote:
Its going to be a hard nose football game on Monday night ...not this 35 to 30 at the end of two quarter .
Go Ravens
win score 9/6 Ravens
I like the 9 to 6 score, it sound like a classic defensive battle but I think you got the ending wrong... it should read: 9/6 Steelers.

“The Lombardi Sixpack”

East Butler, PA

#15 Sep 23, 2008
Prospect Expert wrote:
Everyone should get a load of this:
Ron Cook
Despite loss, Steelers best in division
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
By Ron Cook, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
The Steelers are going to win the AFC North Division. Let's get that straight right at the top. As badly as they played in Philadelphia Sunday, they still are better than Baltimore, Cleveland and Cincinnati. They will prove that again Monday night when they smack down the Ravens at Heinz Field.
I'm thinking something along the lines of 35-10.
Seriously.
Now, I'm no football expert but has this guy seen the Ravens''D' this season?
If the Eagles can manhandle the Steelers, I'd hate to think what the Ravens are capable of doing?
The steelers have seen the same ravens D twice per season for many years now. That's what so classic about these games. There are on surprises. The eagles caught the Steelers with their pants down so to speak...I wouldn't count on it happening again. I hope this is a good game, it could go either way depending on how Flacco plays. Turnovers will be big in this game. You guy Ed Reed will be looking out his earhole trying to avoid Ward on the running plays LOL!

“Lets GO BROWNS”

Since: Sep 08

Jamestown NY

#16 Sep 23, 2008
Bob Roberts wrote:
<quoted text>
The steelers have seen the same ravens D twice per season for many years now. That's what so classic about these games. There are on surprises. The eagles caught the Steelers with their pants down so to speak...I wouldn't count on it happening again. I hope this is a good game, it could go either way depending on how Flacco plays. Turnovers will be big in this game. You guy Ed Reed will be looking out his earhole trying to avoid Ward on the running plays LOL!
Hopefully Pittsburgh learned something about their weakness in last Sundays game and not be caught 2 weeks in a row. I thought Cleveland would have been ready for the Ravens, But obviously people aren't doing the job they are highly paid for.
Richard H

Owings Mills, MD

#17 Sep 23, 2008
Lookin forward to playing the game. I like the way we are playing right now. Just don't turn the ball over and keep moving the chains with Mcgahee, McClean, Rice we should be good.

“The Lombardi Sixpack”

East Butler, PA

#18 Sep 23, 2008
Richard H wrote:
Lookin forward to playing the game. I like the way we are playing right now. Just don't turn the ball over and keep moving the chains with Mcgahee, McClean, Rice we should be good.
the three headed monster running attack is working so far. The steelers are really tough against the runs so this will be a great game.
Dee

Easton, MD

#19 Sep 23, 2008
This story is a joke. Sure, Ravens defense is highest in the league and the Steelers are second. The Ravens have only played two games and their opponents were the Cleveland Browns and the Cincinnati Bengals--two TERRIBLE teams. The entire nation will see this weekend that when playing a decent offensive team the Ravens D is good, but it is not elite. Give them a few more games and the Ravens D will be near the middle of the pack.
Jake

Fruitland, ID

#20 Sep 23, 2008
hope Bart Scott wears an extra chin strap this year. Hines Ward made him look silly last year. I've never been more embarrassed. A 6'0 200 lb. wide out should never make a linebacker cry. And thats what happened.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 20
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Casey Hampton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Reader's Mock Draft - Dallas Cowboys are On the... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Dirt 1
News Where Do the Baltimore Ravens Stand in the AFC ... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Eddie rice 1
News Predicting the Pittsburgh Steelers' Free-Agent ... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Reginald 1
News OK Steelers, Playoffs Start Now: A Motivational... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Paul bleeds Purple 4
News 2012 Pittsburgh Steelers' Most Disappointing Pl... (Oct '12) Oct '12 BlitzburghX7 10
News Steelers pick up roles as Batman movie extras (Aug '11) Sep '11 Batfarts 3
News Respectful Jets not talking trash about Steelers (Jan '11) Jan '11 skidrow wilson 38
More from around the web