Will Ryan have enough firepower with Jets?

Full story: Newsday

PITTSBURGH Jets fans usually are on the outside looking in at this stage of the playoffs, but at least there was something to keep their attention in last night's Ravens - Steelers AFC Championship Game.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of34
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
charleyjet

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2009

So what's your point? That the Jets D isn't as good as the Ravens? Duh.
Arte_T

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2009

Wow Bob, it took you all of an hour to start bringing out the negative waves! The man hasn't even taken up the position yet and you are already writing his obits? How about we not saddle this guy with any of Tanney's croonies and let him adjust the team to be real contender. How about writing something like that.
Nascar Fan

Palm Bay, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2009

Can Rex say, "Same Old Jets"!
psorlando

Winter Springs, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2009

Hi Erik...you're right in saying the Jets don't have a "leader" like Ray Lewis on their D. However you're wrong in ignoring the possibility that it cannot develop. I suspect that's not where you wanted your article to go. Regardless, Ryan will bring a level of accountability and proven results such that there are some personalities who will want to step up. Mangini acted like Bellichick and Parcells without their proven credibility. Ryan has defensive credibility. I suspect a leader or better yet leaders will now step up. Who those will be I don't know. The likely candidates will come from among the sub-3 year players who has not been indoctrinated into the malaise of under-achievement that is the Jets.
psorlando

Winter Springs, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2009

Sorry Bob...I did not even look at who the writer was. My apologies.
gosiecki

Gilbert, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2009

I guess this is the best we could of hoped for.. i think he'll do a better job then mangini anyway. Good hire.. Go Jets!
NYRfan

Hempstead, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2009

He is better quallified than Mangini was when he was hired. He did run one of the top defenses in the league the last few years.
Rich Kotite

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2009

Doesn't matter who coaches or plays for this sorry franchise. They'll always find a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

40 years of futility and poor ownership and management.
Rich Kotite

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2009

I meant S*N*A-T^^C**h as in grasp, not the good kind of S*N*A-T^^C**h
superbowl3

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2009

I'm very happy eith the choice of Ryan and he should pick his staff. I DON"T WANT FARVE BACK! Any 40yr old who's record down the stretch the last 4 years is something like 11 TDs and 49 INTs is over. This old fart will guarantee a late season collapse. Start a young QB (Ratliff, KC, Ainge or a draft choice) and complete the change of the Jets' personality. Don't hang a dead weight like Farve around his neck. Let Ryan, a tough defense and a young QB be the face of the Jets and you'll generate excitement and sell all the jerseys you wanr.Green Bay knew Farve better then Woody ever could and offered him 20M to stay OFF THE FIELD. That should tell you something. Duh.
superbowl3

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2009

Let's give Ryan a chance. He knows X's and O's like Mangini but would never let his players quit on him. Also remember the pundits are always wrong. These big mouths were wrong on who will make the playoffs, on who will win in each playoff game and on who will make the Super Bowl. Anyone remember when these dopes were calling it the Manning Bowl? Let Ryan do his thing and he will make VG a player and will attract Free Agents to the Jets. If I played D, I'd want to play for Ryan.
Clem

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2009

Hopefully he brings Ravens o-cordinator with him because the current one sucks
skip

Port Jefferson Station, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2009

hey jet fans, you arent the ravens and rex aint going to save you, you will always suck! you cant polish a turd! lol
gosiecki

Gilbert, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2009

skip wrote:
hey jet fans, you arent the ravens and rex aint going to save you, you will always suck! you cant polish a turd! lol
we are quite aware we arnt the ravens. but we will be a BETTER team with ryan at the helm.
Better Fate Thank Dad

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2009

I hope that Rex doesn't wear out his welcome like his dad did in Philly to be replaced by none other than Rich Kotite.
fatso

Hazleton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2009

Good luck Rex.
Go get em
Andrew

West Nyack, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2009

Arthur Staple thinks the Jets can build what the Giants have in two years. What hallucinogenic drug is he taking? Ryan can build on what could be a very good defense but with no QB, no #1 RB because Thomas Jones isn't getting any younger and a couple of sub par WRs how exactly are the Jets going to be the class of the AFC? I don't envy Rex Ryan at all. He might be able to build a solid defense there but the offense is in shambles and the Jets sorely need a QB, RB and #1 WR of the future and right now they have none of those things. It also doesn't help that they are keeping Brian Schottenheimer as offensive coordinator. In case anyone didn't notice the Jets failed to make the playoffs and Mangini got canned because of Schott's terrible play calling. Tannenbaum needs his head examined.
CarlPavano

Hauppauge, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2009

skip wrote:
Does your mother know you're cutting class again!
Beavis

Albertson, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2009

Judged:

Rich Kotite wrote:
I meant S*N*A-T^^C**h as in grasp, not the good kind of S*N*A-T^^C**h
uh huh huh uh huh huh huh
You said s/n/a/t/c/h
Uh huh huh huh uh huh huh huh
HERE YOU GO AGAIN

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2009

Expect the same losing season next year.

I think the Jets front office has officially lost their minds.

Poor Jets fans, I actually feel sorry for you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of34
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Calvin Pace Discussions

Search the Calvin Pace Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NFL free agency: Jets re-sign LB Calvin Pace to... Mar '14 He Hate Me 2
New York Jets - Where Are Additions Needed? (May '13) May '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
New York Jets' 2013 Mock Draft: Building the Pe... (Mar '13) Mar '13 George 1
Pass Rusher Ricky Sapp Could Be a Secret Weapon... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Jetssuck 2
Where Do the New York Jets Stand in the AFC Eas... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Laughing Bear Fan 3
For Ryan, the Field Is Half-Empty (Mar '13) Mar '13 Johnson Rex Sex Cluster 2
Moves by New York Jets' GM John Idzik may spell... (Mar '13) Mar '13 tonytocool 2
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••