Ben Roethlisberger Expects 'Awesome' Return to Steelers

Full story: WJW Fox 8 Cleveland

Maybe he'll take a few snaps, throw a pass or two. Maybe he won't even get off the bench.
Comments
1 - 13 of 13 Comments Last updated Aug 20, 2010
Pete

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Aug 16, 2010
 
Reothlisberger has not been a very good QB for the last 13 games or so. His actions off the filled will not hurt him, but he better learn how to use the line in front of him, or he will have a 6-10 season at best.

Since: Dec 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Aug 16, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

Has Ben.
Can't believe Rooney compromised his integrity and kept him around.

Since: Feb 08

Mechanicsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Aug 16, 2010
 
Pete wrote:
Reothlisberger has not been a very good QB for the last 13 games or so. His actions off the filled will not hurt him, but he better learn how to use the line in front of him, or he will have a 6-10 season at best.
Yeah, I know Pete. I've been so exasperated as a Steeler fan watching the 500 yard passing game, the last second drives for game winners, the postseason success- but nobody pays attention to the most important thing: He doesn't use his line right!!!! Heck with winning and making great plays, just start using your line right for heavens sake. Thankyou Pete. Somebody finally sees what really important. You know the saying: It's not whether you win or lose, it's how you use your line.

Since: Feb 08

Mechanicsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Aug 16, 2010
 

Judged:

2

1

1

pistoff wrote:
Has Ben.
Can't believe Rooney compromised his integrity and kept him around.
From the wait it looks, a lot of owners 'compromised their integrity' if Mr. Rooney somehow compromised his, based on YOUR interpretation. Then again, maybe he did not compromise it at all considering how many other players have actually committed crimes and walked scott free.
Cleveland-West_S ide

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Aug 16, 2010
 
Jopa-n wrote:
<quoted text>From the wait it looks, a lot of owners 'compromised their integrity' if Mr. Rooney somehow compromised his, based on YOUR interpretation. Then again, maybe he did not compromise it at all considering how many other players have actually committed crimes and walked scott free.
I disagree, it's obvious he raped that girl in Georgia, rape is a serious offense and unfortunately Ben had the resources/connections to get out of it.
Many closely involved with this case know he is guilty on some level.

Sure getting into a fight at a bar is bad, driving drunk is bad, doing steroids is bad but committing rape? That's a little more than bad.

I'm just thankful he's not a Brown, I'd be extremely torn as a fan, don't know if I'd support the team if Lerner kept him.

Since: Feb 08

Mechanicsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Aug 16, 2010
 

Judged:

1

Cleveland-West_Side wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree, it's obvious he raped that girl in Georgia, rape is a serious offense and unfortunately Ben had the resources/connections to get out of it.
Many closely involved with this case know he is guilty on some level.
Sure getting into a fight at a bar is bad, driving drunk is bad, doing steroids is bad but committing rape? That's a little more than bad.
I'm just thankful he's not a Brown, I'd be extremely torn as a fan, don't know if I'd support the team if Lerner kept him.
Right there is where the problem is- and always- will be. You say he did rape someone, and I say, based on all the information I saw and the testimony from the women involved, along with her situation as to who she is/was, there is absolutely no evidence of rape (Considering testimony, location, and backround information). Just like I proclaimed, before it all came out in saying,(IF) there was proof beyond a resonable doubt that rape occurred, it should be dealt with accordingly.
Pointless to debate an issue where you say 'yay' and I say 'nay' and you refuse to use hard facts to prove your point and I do. You saying 'cause I said so' means nothing to me. Sounds more like it's a feeling as a Browns fan as a way of helping your team by wanting it more than anything else but we'll never really know we'll we?
Cleveland-West_S ide

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Aug 16, 2010
 
He
Was suspended for 6 games without pay.
Required to attend "professional behavior evaluation"
Milledgeville Police, Sgt Blash was forced to resign.
The victim had a superficial laceration, bruising and slight bleeding in the genital area.

If he didn't assault this woman why is he suspended?

Since: Feb 08

Mechanicsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Aug 16, 2010
 
Cleveland-West_Side wrote:
He
Was suspended for 6 games without pay.
Required to attend "professional behavior evaluation"
Milledgeville Police, Sgt Blash was forced to resign.
The victim had a superficial laceration, bruising and slight bleeding in the genital area.
If he didn't assault this woman why is he suspended?
He was not suspended because he assaulted anyone. Word from Commish was that he put himself in situations that can be and his conduct was, not good for the league rep. If he actually HAD commited a crime, he would have been arrested and charged. He was not. Even if the belief is he had, but escaped prosecution, he would have been suspended a lot longer than 6 games. He was suspended for living to close to the edge and he needed something to get him to change his ways. Where have you been the last 4 months?
Cleveland-West_S ide

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Aug 16, 2010
 
The charges were dismissed because the DNA sample was not significant enough to do an accurate test and the victim asked the Georgia DA to drop the charges because of the media circus that was to follow.
Most victims who make false claims against rich celebrities embrace the media, this one has been in hiding since day one.
I remember the DA on the news, you could see it in his face, he really wanted to proceed.
Rooney and Goodell are privy to a lot of info we're not and the strong language used implies they are extremely skeptical with Ben's side of the story.

Since: Feb 08

Mechanicsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Aug 16, 2010
 
Cleveland-West_Side wrote:
The charges were dismissed because the DNA sample was not significant enough to do an accurate test and the victim asked the Georgia DA to drop the charges because of the media circus that was to follow.
Most victims who make false claims against rich celebrities embrace the media, this one has been in hiding since day one.
I remember the DA on the news, you could see it in his face, he really wanted to proceed.
Rooney and Goodell are privy to a lot of info we're not and the strong language used implies they are extremely skeptical with Ben's side of the story.
We can play this game of selective reasoning all day long. That's my point. In the question and asnwer session, DA was asked, "Do you think their was a crime commited here?" DA said "You mean me?(pointing to himself) No."
I could pile up the info 3 ft high saying she was bogus in her story (which story is tough to choose), but you will never accept it because it validates your hatred to think otherwise. So, it is what it is and it ain't gonna change. I guess it's time to move on.
Cleveland-West_S ide

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Aug 16, 2010
 
Touche
Laura

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Aug 19, 2010
 
Ben has not in my opinion played as well since Andrea McNulty accused him of raping her about a year or so ago back in July, 2008. Time and Nothing but Time will Tell if he has and will changed. God offers forgiveness for ALL!
GRAMMY

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Aug 20, 2010
 

Judged:

1

First of all learn how to spell the word field. Check the stats on Ben. I don't believe you know what you are talking about. Check the yards and quarterback rating. Should not talk if you don't know what you are talking about.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Byron Leftwich Discussions

Search the Byron Leftwich Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
5 Reasons Why Tim Tebow Makes Sense for Pittsbu... (May '13) May '13 29 Bland 10
Steelers Sign QB from Waivers (Mar '13) Mar '13 Rbohemis 3
NFL Rumors: Will the Pittsburgh Steelers Sign a... (Nov '12) Nov '12 hammertime 3
Leftwich to start at QB for Steelers on Sunday (Nov '12) Nov '12 We Are Marshall 8
Pittsburgh Steelers sign Troy Smith (Jan '12) Jan '12 wOw 1
Manning-less Colts in tough - just ask Dungy (Sep '11) Sep '11 Streakfarts 2
Steelers embrace underdog status in Super Bowl ... (Jan '11) Feb '11 The Geno 72
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••