Big Ben's future uncertain

Jul 28, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Herald Star Online

The Pittsburgh Steelers expect to go through most or all of training camp without knowing the exact date when quarterback Ben Roethlisberger can play again.

Comments
1 - 16 of 16 Comments Last updated Aug 4, 2010

“Live and let live”

Since: Mar 10

New Jersey

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2010

He's such a disgrace for the Steelers.
safronia

Mckees Rocks, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2010

He's an embarrassment. I think he should be let go. I will not watch the Steelers win. But I will watch them lose respect for themselves by keeping such an individual.

Since: Feb 08

Mechanicsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2010

Disgraces and embarrassments are when people promote a hideous double standard as to what is expected of one person vs. another. Those very people who attempt to boonswaggle us with their high and mighty talk- with no show- are the ones we should be the most disgraced and embarrassed by. Those that hide behind their sins and throw stones as if they are somehow not of the norm, knowing that they can keep the world from knowing who they really are. That's disgaceful and an embarrassment, no doubt.

“Live and let live”

New Jersey

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2010

Judged:

Not on a football forum. Disgraces are aholes who have everything handed to them and eff it up anyway.

Mechanicsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2010

jerseytomato wrote:
Not on a football forum. Disgraces are aholes who have everything handed to them and eff it up anyway.
So I take from your experience, of being someone who's had it all handed to them and excelled after the fact, that you use your personal triumph as the measuring stick? Sorry, did not know you were an actual success story of such a situation. My bad. Ofcourse you'd have to be, in order to make such a proclamation, right? You would never be so short sighted as to declare what should, or should not be, without having first hand experience. I mean, that would make you quite the marginal thinker when it comes to the psychological evaluation of people you'd have no connection with. Glad to know you are a standing example of integrity in the face of stardom. I'm extremely jealous.

“Live and let live”

New Jersey

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2010

Jopa-n wrote:
<quoted text>So I take from your experience, of being someone who's had it all handed to them and excelled after the fact, that you use your personal triumph as the measuring stick? Sorry, did not know you were an actual success story of such a situation. My bad. Ofcourse you'd have to be, in order to make such a proclamation, right? You would never be so short sighted as to declare what should, or should not be, without having first hand experience. I mean, that would make you quite the marginal thinker when it comes to the psychological evaluation of people you'd have no connection with. Glad to know you are a standing example of integrity in the face of stardom. I'm extremely jealous.
Apology excepted. You can try and get around this however you'd like. Here's how I see it: Ben is the captain of a very respectable ship in the NFL. We won't see him on the field for to up six games this season because of his disgraceful conduct and this isn't the first time. The Steelers are better than that.

Mechanicsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2010

jerseytomato wrote:
<quoted text>
Apology excepted. You can try and get around this however you'd like. Here's how I see it: Ben is the captain of a very respectable ship in the NFL. We won't see him on the field for to up six games this season because of his disgraceful conduct and this isn't the first time. The Steelers are better than that.
I could debate your claim quite strongly, but I will not do so, since in order to make my case, I would have to cite examples that would, under your very criteria, defame others I have no wish to. If choosing to pick and choose which and when vices count, I guess you could make a claim. I can't. Since I can't, I won't dismiss some and not others.
1talykiss

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2010

I really don't care what any of you think about ben I like him and I will cheer for him because I will not judge someone for if I do my sins are worst then his don't judge lest ye be judge we all have sins and so do all the soriorty piglets who lie if you go looking for trouble and it finds you then you have no one to blame but your self but when you false claims someone because of stupidness when getting drunk and following them to everybar what a$$e$
Miss Cleo

Westlake Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2010

Judged:

I see Mister Ben's future as bleak and fraught with danger.
He will either die in a head-on crash while driving DUI or he will pass from a massive coronary while glutting at Hometown Buffett or Golden Corral.
That's what the cards and future hold in store for Mister Ben.
Sarah

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Why is everybody so hard on Big Ben? Everybody gets laid, the only problem I see is that he picks the wrong type of women. They use him to get their 15 minutes of fame. He's a great player worth loads of money so his playmates sees dollar signs. Take a look at other NFL players, didn't we have a problem with a player getting a woman pregnant and beating her? Are you telling me that Ben getting laid is worse then another beating a pregnant woman?
To all the people judging him...look at your life....are you perfect? NOT EVEN CLOSE!!
Mary Poppins

Butler, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Sarah wrote:
Why is everybody so hard on Big Ben? Everybody gets laid, the only problem I see is that he picks the wrong type of women. They use him to get their 15 minutes of fame. He's a great player worth loads of money so his playmates sees dollar signs. Take a look at other NFL players, didn't we have a problem with a player getting a woman pregnant and beating her? Are you telling me that Ben getting laid is worse then another beating a pregnant woman?
To all the people judging him...look at your life....are you perfect? NOT EVEN CLOSE!!
I'm practically perfect in every way.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Mary Poppins wrote:
<quoted text>
And what dream world do you think you live in? Nobody is perfect in the REAL world....your dreams don't count.

Mechanicsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Mary Poppins wrote:
<quoted text>
C'mon Mary- pop open that closet. Let's just see when Mary, Mary- has been a little contrary.
Mary Poppins

Butler, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

littleone6714 wrote:
<quoted text>
And what dream world do you think you live in? Nobody is perfect in the REAL world....your dreams don't count.
I live in the world of movies you silly ninny.

“The Lombardi Sixpack”

Butler, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Mary Poppins wrote:
<quoted text>
I live in the world of movies you silly ninny.
I smell a troll. Is it you again Barry? what's wrong? still suffering from some type of identity crisis? lickspittle punk.

“The Lombardi Sixpack”

Butler, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Miss Cleo wrote:
I see Mister Ben's future as bleak and fraught with danger.
He will either die in a head-on crash while driving DUI or he will pass from a massive coronary while glutting at Hometown Buffett or Golden Corral.
That's what the cards and future hold in store for Mister Ben.
...and just because you say it, I believe. lol. diphsh!t.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Byron Leftwich Discussions

Search the Byron Leftwich Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
5 Reasons Why Tim Tebow Makes Sense for Pittsbu... (May '13) May '13 29 Bland 10
Steelers Sign QB from Waivers (Mar '13) Mar '13 Rbohemis 3
NFL Rumors: Will the Pittsburgh Steelers Sign a... (Nov '12) Nov '12 hammertime 3
Leftwich to start at QB for Steelers on Sunday (Nov '12) Nov '12 We Are Marshall 8
Pittsburgh Steelers sign Troy Smith (Jan '12) Jan '12 wOw 1
Manning-less Colts in tough - just ask Dungy (Sep '11) Sep '11 Streakfarts 2
Steelers embrace underdog status in Super Bowl ... (Jan '11) Feb '11 The Geno 72
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••