Filling the Need: The 2009 Pittsburgh...

Filling the Need: The 2009 Pittsburgh Steelers' Draft

There are 5 comments on the BleacherReport story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Filling the Need: The 2009 Pittsburgh Steelers' Draft. In it, BleacherReport reports that:

Fact: The reason the Pittsburgh Steelers are so successful, is because they know how to draft better than anyone.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at BleacherReport.

G K Nedrow

Norcross, GA

#1 May 20, 2009
Colbert did very well with the hand he was dealt, and the 2009 draft looks solid and capable. But the failure to upgrade the talent on the O-line and the need for a short yardage back means more sacks for Big Ben and more frustration in the red zone. Over all, this looks like a bargain-basement draft dictated by front office financial concerns. Considering our draft and free agency moves as a whole, we did not appear to keep pace with the Ravens or the Cardinals.
Qball

Hampstead, MD

#2 May 20, 2009
Don't tell Bob they didn't get a short yardage back ... lol

Since: Apr 08

Monroe, LA

#3 May 20, 2009
Yeah. That review of the Steeler draft was a little, hmmm, incomplete.

Missing Frank "The Tank" (here's your short yardage back, Qball), and D.J. Johnson.

“The Lombardi Sixpack”

Since: Feb 08

East Butler, PA

#4 May 21, 2009
Qball wrote:
Don't tell Bob they didn't get a short yardage back ... lol
I often wonder is these writers follow the teams they write about...I read a piece the other day saying how weak the steelers will be at LB because they got rid of foote...hmmmmm...guess they never heard of timmons....

If the nfl is overlooking frank the tank, as they did when he didn't get a combine invite, then so much the better for us. gonna find out soon enough anyway.

“Steelers Forever”

Since: Dec 07

Cranberry Township PA

#5 May 21, 2009
Bob Roberts wrote:
<quoted text>
I often wonder is these writers follow the teams they write about...I read a piece the other day saying how weak the steelers will be at LB because they got rid of foote...hmmmmm...guess they never heard of timmons....
If the nfl is overlooking frank the tank, as they did when he didn't get a combine invite, then so much the better for us. gonna find out soon enough anyway.
The haters will continue to hate and the Mighty Pittsburgh Steelers will continue to win. I love it. LOL!

STEELERS ROCK !!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bryant McFadden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ex-Steelers CB Gay heads to Arizona (Mar '12) Mar '12 oOooooo 1
News Rashard Mendenhall is Dancing, Too (Mar '11) Mar '11 CLS 09-28-1975 1
News Steelers' Polamalu, Harrison silent in Super Bowl (Feb '11) Feb '11 flywatt 8
News Steelers' Polamalu, Harrison missing in action (Feb '11) Feb '11 TOA 5
News Big hitters on defense don't deliver | The Colu... (Feb '11) Feb '11 Biff 33 4
News Sports wire | The Columbus Dispatch (Jan '11) Jan '11 marleeyah sondreya 1
News Oakland Raiders notebook: McFadden brothers wil... (Jan '11) Jan '11 elshagon 1
More from around the web