How and Why the Raiders Might Make th...

How and Why the Raiders Might Make the Playoffs

There are 13 comments on the NFL News story from May 12, 2010, titled How and Why the Raiders Might Make the Playoffs. In it, NFL News reports that:

While most of the Silver & Black focus in the Bay Area has been on the dismissal of mega-bust QB JaMarcus Russell , the bigger picture of these moves is that there should be optimism that the Oakland Raiders could be a surprise team that might make a push for a Wild Card slot.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NFL News.

mkyfun

Mariposa, CA

#1 May 12, 2010
Whoa, I can believe it. Listen, while there were some dropped balls etc., the biggest reason we lost was JR, not the offensive line (which with Gallery is much improved when he's not hurt) & it will even be better. New offensive play caller (not Cable's strong suit). An even better defense that might actually stop the run. The defense will even be better because the offense should be out on the field longer. Watch out when both McFadden & Bush get more carries & if Heyward-Bey can catch the ball Campbell will get it to him. I watched Campbell at Auburn, he's an underated QB & with the right team....POW!!!! More close games will be won and there will be more close games because there will be less "blow-outs". On close games we have the edge due to our kicker!!!! We should actually beat Denver, KC & we have a team that can beat SD...but they have Phillip Rivers....one of the best QB's.

“Just Win Baby!”

Since: Sep 09

Raleigh, NC

#2 May 13, 2010
I like your optimisim.
mkyfun wrote:
Whoa, I can believe it. Listen, while there were some dropped balls etc., the biggest reason we lost was JR, not the offensive line (which with Gallery is much improved when he's not hurt) & it will even be better. New offensive play caller (not Cable's strong suit). An even better defense that might actually stop the run. The defense will even be better because the offense should be out on the field longer. Watch out when both McFadden & Bush get more carries & if Heyward-Bey can catch the ball Campbell will get it to him. I watched Campbell at Auburn, he's an underated QB & with the right team....POW!!!! More close games will be won and there will be more close games because there will be less "blow-outs". On close games we have the edge due to our kicker!!!! We should actually beat Denver, KC & we have a team that can beat SD...but they have Phillip Rivers....one of the best QB's.

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#3 May 13, 2010
We've taken steps in the right direction like getting rid of dead weight players like Gerrard Warren, Javon Walker, Cornell Green, and most notably Jamarcus Russell. We drafted some players that were great in college that should be able to contribute right away like Rolando McClain and Lamar Houston. I'm still not sold on our OL...
Little Jay Cuntler

Littleton, CO

#4 May 13, 2010
I had your numbah....lol lol lol

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

" I DA HO " !

#5 May 14, 2010
i don't think it's anything magical or different. it's just that maybe, some of the things are starting to come together for us.
"coach cable on an offseason which has gotten mostly positive reviews"
RAIDERS say they would have taken t williams or r okung, if they would have slipped to #8. they felt that it would have made a huge improvement on the (O). and i agree. but i'm still not upset for the way RAIDERS did the draft.
RAIDERS 2010!!!

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#6 May 14, 2010
RAIDER MISTERIO OG wrote:
i don't think it's anything magical or different. it's just that maybe, some of the things are starting to come together for us.
"coach cable on an offseason which has gotten mostly positive reviews"
RAIDERS say they would have taken t williams or r okung, if they would have slipped to #8. they felt that it would have made a huge improvement on the (O). and i agree. but i'm still not upset for the way RAIDERS did the draft.
RAIDERS 2010!!!
I really hope Cable saw something special in Jared Veldheer. I thought Anthony Davis or Brian Bulaga would've been a sure bet at RT, but as big as stud as Rolando McClain was in college, it's hard not to be disappointed with the pick. Plus the fact that Bruce Campbell fell all the way to round 4 and was mocked by many as a first or second rounder (to us in particular) shows that he probably doesn't have what it takes to be a solid NFL tackle, but could make the transition to guard. I really hope we can win more games this year.

“PLAY TO WIN”

" I DA HO " !

#7 May 14, 2010
RAIDERS signed (G) daniel loper x-lion x-viking.
RAIDERS 2010!!!

“PLAY TO WIN”

" I DA HO " !

#8 May 14, 2010
x-lion x-titan
RAIDERS 2010!!!
Bullfarts

Houston, TX

#9 May 24, 2010
More second rate OL garbage

Nice

“PLAY TO WIN”

" I DA HO " !

#10 May 25, 2010
thomas howard started 63 of his 64 career games as a RAIDER the past four seasons but he's working as a backup now behind trevor scott and kamerion wembley. but howard says he will have a chance to earn a starting job. "it's competition and thats what i was told" t howard said.
now see, "thats how and why the RAIDERS might make the playoffs!" play the best man, even if howard wins the spot back.
RAIDERS 2010!!!

“PLAY TO WIN”

" I DA HO " !

#11 May 25, 2010
hue jackson! thats another reason the RAIDERS might make the playoffs. he's the talk of the RAIDERS addition. this man wanted to come here. this man spoke highly of al davis. this man shows all haters rummors of coaches not wanting to come and coach for al's RAIDERS. hue jackson, future RAIDERS head coach! tell me gentlemen if i went overboard on hue lackson!
RAIDERS 2010!!!
Bullfarts

Houston, TX

#12 May 26, 2010
How: They will buy tickets to watch the playoffs

Why: The only way they will see the playoffs

When: After I Bullfart

“PLAY TO WIN”

" I DA HO " !

#13 May 26, 2010
who: bullfarts, he sucks d..k for a living
how: any way he can
why: he likes it.
when: after he gets it in the a.s and bullfarts
RAIDERS 2010!!!=)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bruce Gradkowski Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gradkowski better equipped this time (Dec '09) Oct '15 Fart news 8
News Bell, Blount play after arrest, Steelers lose (Aug '14) Aug '14 The Joints Stadium 1
News Is It Time For The Steelers To Clean Some House? (Sep '13) Sep '13 Ben Tony Romolisb... 3
News Five Reasons Why Pittsburgh Steelers Will Make ... (May '13) May '13 4everasteeler 1
News Steelers sign Gradkowski for back-up quarterbac... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Backup QB Posse 1
News Carolina Panthers offensive coordinator: Hue Ja... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Freddy 2
News Raiders sign QB Brennan (Aug '10) Nov '12 Nostraden 10
More from around the web