Raiders Relish Tie For 1st Place In AFC West

Nov 15, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KCBS

Without even playing this past weekend, the Oakland Raiders moved into a tie for first place in the AFC West.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 10 of10

“Back in Black”

Since: Nov 09

Mission Viejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2010

The Raiders have been great in the last few weeks and I am so very happy to be a Raider fan. That said, I beleive that the game on Sunday will be the most significant of the season. Win it or lose it and the season will have been defined. If we win; one can only imagine the momentum going forward. Lose it and the fall will be fast and crushing and (likely) the end. Why becuase the last half of the schedule is brutal. The Raiders need to focus on the winning ways that have got them here and continue.....this will not be easy. Go Raiders 2010.

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

OG, "so cal."

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2010

The Stabler Raider wrote:
The Raiders have been great in the last few weeks and I am so very happy to be a Raider fan. That said, I beleive that the game on Sunday will be the most significant of the season. Win it or lose it and the season will have been defined. If we win; one can only imagine the momentum going forward. Lose it and the fall will be fast and crushing and (likely) the end. Why becuase the last half of the schedule is brutal. The Raiders need to focus on the winning ways that have got them here and continue.....this will not be easy. Go Raiders 2010.
i don't believe that losing this game we will fall fast. it will just be a way of saying we have to come down back to earth and figure out how to maintain the focus of the wins we have had. just the fact that all players are healthy "for the most part" is a good sign. the front four is doing great at rushing the (qb)by themselves. that means not too many blitzes that may leave some throwing space for burger.(qb) protection has been steady and campbell needs that. he's more of a pocket passer. our coaches have these guys on line and well prepared. naturally this game vs squeelers will boost the RAIDERS for the games ahead but losing it,does not mean it's the end of the season. RAIDERS have a mean pass rush and that will work for most all teams ahead. smash the head of the snake and the rest will squirm and die. now, miami the following week plays the wild cat. thats a different game. the jaggs the defense vs defense the rest? go all out with the front four and blitz! OH, WE'RE GOING TO THE PLAYOFFS! we can only beat ourselves with penaties but not in this game, we wil beat the ssqueelers!
GO RAIDERS!!!
RaiderFaith

Durham, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2010

I agree and disagree...Agree with the win would give much momentum. But a loss could go either way...if they lose what will define them will be how they bounce back the following week. It is a very important game, and I hoep we win, but I don't think it ends the season.

“Back in Black”

Mission Viejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2010

Good points, thanks guys....Sometimes it is just hard for me to beleive we are back. They do look like a playoff team; I am just sayin a spankin by the Steelers could hurt no only the momentum but the will to win. I believe the games in the second half of the season are going to tough. All the division rivals will be out for blood and with the Colts and others in the mix it is going to be interesting. That said; how awesome if we win out.....Just kick ass to the end. Go Raiders !!!

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

OG, "so cal."

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2010

(lol) thats what happens when you start winning too much! look what is happening to the cheifs? the thing of it all is to just continue to do what is working and fix what we need to fix where we may be failing. going with campbell is a good stradegy. players stepping in for one another is great. the focus of the game winning is a big force. the coaches are doing a great job on that with the players. and the fans? well, we as fans that can go to the home games is a big factor. the silver and black baby! we're number one!
COMMITMENT TO EXCELLENCE.
GO RAIDERS!!! JUST WIN BABY!
Raiderfaith

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2010

It is valid to be concerned of a meltdown, however, I think this team is different. I think for the first time in 8 years they believe they can win...and I think it would anger them not melt them down if they lost...I think we will be ok/ Playoffs or not...its going to be an exciting finish.
Good points, thanks guys....Sometimes it is just hard for me to beleive we are back. They do look like a playoff team; I am just sayin a spankin by the Steelers could hurt no only the momentum but the will to win. I believe the games in the second half of the season are going to tough. All the division rivals will be out for blood and with the Colts and others in the mix it is going to be interesting. That said; how awesome if we win out.....Just kick ass to the end. Go Raiders !!!
Captain Canada

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2010

I'm thinkin' it'll be a big day for the Raiders' D against a very banged up Steeler O-line. If the offense is even average, chalk up a fourth win in a row.

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2010

I thought we were doomed after the SF loss, but I like what I've seen since then. That loss seemed to have angered them and it showed against Denver and Seattle. However, the anger seemed to wear off against KC, but we fought hard for the victory thanks to the Hot-Rod Ford. I think this team has grown and matured a lot, but I am very nervous about the rest of the season.
Bullfarts

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2010

Captain Canada wrote:
I'm thinkin' it'll be a big day for the Raiders' D against a very banged up Steeler O-line. If the offense is even average, chalk up a fourth win in a row.
Yes, and the Raiders win yet again.

McFadden - Pro Bowl

“Back in Black”

Mission Viejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2010

Okay I am again on board with the momentum. I believe! That said our team; my team better bring thier game because the Steelers are a Super Bowl contender (my opinion) and if my Raiders can pull off the V then we may be on our way to the super Bowl! Go Raiders 2010

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 10 of10
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Bruce Gradkowski Discussions

Search the Bruce Gradkowski Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Is It Time For The Steelers To Clean Some House? (Sep '13) Sep '13 Ben Tony Romolisberger 3
Five Reasons Why Pittsburgh Steelers Will Make ... (May '13) May '13 4everasteeler 1
Steelers sign Gradkowski for back-up quarterbac... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Backup QB Posse 1
Carolina Panthers offensive coordinator: Hue Ja... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Freddy 2
Raiders sign QB Brennan (Aug '10) Nov '12 Nostraden 10
Dalton 'fine' after bruising arm in Bengals' vi... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Warghoul 1
Vick declined better offer from Bengals (Aug '11) Aug '11 John Madden 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••