Oakland may change O-line scheme

Oakland may change O-line scheme

There are 4 comments on the ESPN Feed story from Jan 31, 2011, titled Oakland may change O-line scheme. In it, ESPN Feed reports that:

It appears for the second time in a year; Bob Wylie will be in charge of moving an AFC West offensive line away from the zone-blocking scheme to the power-blocking scheme.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ESPN Feed.

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#1 Jan 31, 2011
I guess this means Satelle and Carlisle are out. Gallery is a 50-50 chance of return. I really don't know about Langston Walker or Khalif Barnes.
RaiderFaith

Clayton, NC

#2 Jan 31, 2011
This seems like a bad idea. Again part of taking two steps backwards when hiring a new coach. Not too mention, Wylie didn't do very much with the broncos..granted it was only one season, but to try and change a scheme when we were heading in the right direction is foolish.
JBG its me

Carthage, TX

#3 Feb 1, 2011
Al Davis is just an old fool now; If you're not making the playoffs, you're not doing your job. He doesn't understand about rebuilding. He thinks that you can just plug players and coaches in and win. He doesn't believe in giving them time to gel.

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

" I DA HO " !

#4 Feb 1, 2011
that is the bad part about changing coaches. they all have their own schemes and staff and it can work against them if things were already going in the right direction. h jackson said he wasn't going to change much but he was still going to run things his way "unquote". things sometimes work out for the better. heaven knows it hasn't worked out for the better here in oakland except for cable who started getting things going. on the other hand h jackson did a good job of things from the start. i hope this is one of those things that changes us back to our winning ways. players come and players go. it's natural and normal. only, we are the RAIDERS and there are haters that want to give us a bad wrap. coaching changes happen a lot lately. i think RAIDERS al davis started a new trend. if only callahan hadn't called RAIDERS "the dumbest team in america". if only shell would not have hired the bed and breakfast guy and players would have just played his scheme. if only turner would have turned things around! if only kiffin wouldn't have been such a punk! if only cable would have followed rules and not brought distraction to the team.
lets see what HUE JACKSON does!
GO RAIDERS!!! IT ALL STARTS HERE!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bruce Campbell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bruce Campbell nude (Mar '13) Mar '13 Wilma 1
News Panther inactives vs. Bears (Oct '12) Oct '12 Taylor 1
News Panthers trade Mike Goodson to Raiders for Bruc... (Mar '12) Mar '12 Archangel Oger 3
News Relax, Raider Nation, Season Ends in 15 More Weeks (Sep '11) Sep '11 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 7
News Oakland Raiders: Was Darren McFadden's 2010-201... (Sep '11) Sep '11 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 2
News NFL Free Agency: Oakland Raiders Not in Play fo... (Jun '11) Jun '11 Haleys Commet 6
News Oakland Raiders: Is 2011 a Playoffs or Bust Sea... (Jun '11) Jun '11 Las Vegas 1
More from around the web