Edwards says Chiefs are just being diligent about Ryan

Full story: Kansas City Star

The fuss started when Herm Edwards walked through the door. As the only head coach at the campus workout of quarterback Matt Ryan and his Boston College teammates, Edwards created a stir by his mere presence on ...
Comments
1 - 12 of 12 Comments Last updated Mar 26, 2008
H Hernandez

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2008

I don't think the Chiefs should use the # 5 pick on a QB. They've done so much and wasted so much time trying to develop Brodie Croyle (which has talent, but I'm not so sure yet that he can become what they want him to become) that it would all be for nothing if they now get a QB in the first round. I think they should start Croyle next season (like they should've last season) and give him the experience and the playing time to get comfortable and they should focus that #5 pick on Jake Long, and if Long is gone by then get the best player available.

Since: Feb 08

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2008

H Hernandez wrote:
I don't think the Chiefs should use the # 5 pick on a QB. They've done so much and wasted so much time trying to develop Brodie Croyle (which has talent, but I'm not so sure yet that he can become what they want him to become) that it would all be for nothing if they now get a QB in the first round. I think they should start Croyle next season (like they should've last season) and give him the experience and the playing time to get comfortable and they should focus that #5 pick on Jake Long, and if Long is gone by then get the best player available.
Long would be an excellent pick. Unfortunately, your gonna have to face the Brodie dilemma at some time. He will grow and get more solid but that's about it, eventually a nice back up. Play well against the lesser teams, makes the big mistake against the Superbowl contenders. That translates to 1st round playoff losses at best. Why waste the time? Why not keep trying to find the next Len Dawson?
MAG

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2008

I agree with H. Brodie needs to at least be given the opportunity to prove himself now. The Chiefs have put a lot of work, and time, into Croyle to not even give him a shot. Plus no QB, Ryan included, can succeed without a solid o-line. I hope Long falls to the Chiefs, but if not I'm hoping we reach for Clady.
BGKNOCKOUT

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2008

PACMAN,AND CHAD JOHNSON
Derick

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2008

IF you look at the teams that have good years are the teams with a good QB. Croyle is not the next Payton or Tom so lets get someone that at least has the chance. I know Herm wants to go younger, but the truth is everyone one the team cant be 20-25 forever. Way dont we use some of our cap room and get some young talent that has proven them self in the league.

Since: Feb 08

Waterford Works, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2008

Derick wrote:
IF you look at the teams that have good years are the teams with a good QB. Croyle is not the next Payton or Tom so lets get someone that at least has the chance. I know Herm wants to go younger, but the truth is everyone one the team cant be 20-25 forever. Way dont we use some of our cap room and get some young talent that has proven them self in the league.
Good point. You can still work with Croyle in the mean time to see how far he can go, while trying to find the next big time QB.
Kevin

Basehor, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2008

I think Ryan would be an exellent pick up. there are many many O-linman to go around. especially with how many pics the chiefs have. we can pick up a few in the second and third rounds. Ryan should go number 5 with the chiefs
rich

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2008

The chiefs are to cheap to ever get a really strong team, they used all there money on Gonzalez in which we should have used it on free agents to get the O-line better, ever since are O-line starters have retired our offense has been terrible, Hey Hank Spend some money!!!!
Caldwell

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2008

I think we need to be more than just diligent,we need to really analize our team and try to put together some wins.Although Matt is rated #1 QB his TD to INT ratio scares me.We are a team that just can't handle that right now.I think our record spoke for itself when showing what int's does to your win column.If Brodie is not our guy I think we need to look for one of those late draft gems like that kid out of Hawaii or the one coming out of Tulsa,you never know the right system and a coach like Gailey they could flurish in the pro's.
Josh Parker

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2008

No you do not need a QB you need the top LT from Michigan
Josh Parker

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2008

you need to really improve your O-line, if you do that Brodie Croyle could be a very good QB, last year he played good for no O-line.
Nelson

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2008

I have to agree with Josh Parker, Brodie can be a starter in this league with an actual offensive line to protect him.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Brodie Croyle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kansas City Chiefs: Quarterbacks the Team Shoul... (Jan '13) Jan '13 keith l 5
Brodie Croyle, former Chiefs QB, has retired (May '12) May '12 Laughing Bear Fan 1
Orton, Grossman both lackluster in preseason loss (Aug '08) Oct '11 Harfarts 136
Chiefs open door for possible Oakland Raiders p... (Dec '10) Dec '10 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 15
Chiefs preparing to play without Cassel (Dec '10) Dec '10 kcnut 1
Chiefs Finally Win Pre-Season Game, Beat Packer... (Sep '10) Sep '10 Bear 3
Chiefs Release Four Players (Aug '10) Aug '10 Coop 3

Search the Brodie Croyle Forum:
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••