Dolphins show hope for future

Dolphins show hope for future

There are 40 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Aug 23, 2008, titled Dolphins show hope for future. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

At first, it seemed unwise, as Ted Ginn Jr. started at deep second base and sprinted southwest toward the shortstop hole.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Toolie

Pensacola, FL

#22 Aug 24, 2008
Each game so far I have wondered can we score touchdowns again, That is being answered.The offense led by a true proffessional N.F.L quarterback. Jet or not Pennington is the closes thing to Marino and a winner.
Mike

Haymarket, VA

#23 Aug 24, 2008
Good stuff Ethan! Best writer in SoFlo.
Slippery Soap

Boynton Beach, FL

#24 Aug 24, 2008
16 more preseason games? What are you smoking? This is the NFL the Dolphins have just a good of a chance to compete for a playoff berth as any other team.

The Chiefs are rebuilding? We were 1-15 last season and they are supposed to be better then us and whipped thier ass!

“Left Coast Fin Fan”

Since: Dec 06

San Diego, Calif.

#25 Aug 24, 2008
Joe Grogan wrote:
Face it fellas, Henne stunk up the joint, & Jake Long can't handle elite speed. Back to the drawing board.
You just showed your ignorance, Joe.

“WHY NOT US!!!”

Since: Feb 08

north miami beach

#26 Aug 24, 2008
Slippery Soap wrote:
16 more preseason games? What are you smoking?
The Chiefs are rebuilding? We were 1-15 last season and they are supposed to be better then us and whipped thier ****!
That was the line that got me. Eathan reports on the FINS but has failed to see that we are rebuilding too. So now he thinks we won cause our group has been together longer. As I remember last year they had Croyle, L. Jhonson, T. Gonzalez. on their team. Then look at us, C. Pennington=1 week on the team, Ricky=1 NFL start since 05, Ginn= barely used his rookie season. Long=still a rookie against KCs first team. The only ones who have had any real playing time together is Satele and Carey. So eathan shouldnt write this off as we beat a rebuilding team, cause we are in the same darn boat...GO PHINS!!!
Andrew

Hollywood, FL

#27 Aug 24, 2008
Matt Roth was all over the field..i watched him on every play and he looked great
Banana Republic

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#28 Aug 24, 2008
Joe Grogan wrote:
Face it fellas, Henne stunk up the joint, & Jake Long can't handle elite speed. Back to the drawing board.
I smell fear.

“WHY NOT US!!!”

Since: Feb 08

north miami beach

#29 Aug 24, 2008
Andrew wrote:
Matt Roth was all over the field..i watched him on every play and he looked great
I liked him in pre-season last year too. Lets just hope this time it translates to the regular season...GO PHINS!!!
Bill

AOL

#30 Aug 24, 2008
Don't think of the preseason as ending next Thursday in New Orleans. This entire "regular season" will serve an extended preseason, a series of 16 scrimmages in nine stadiums over 17 weeks designed to separate those who can contribute to a future contender from those who cannot.
Big Phins

Miami, FL

#31 Aug 24, 2008
Jets Suck, and the Patsy's golden boy's foot is still aching....uh oh!
Nick Saban

Saint Petersburg, FL

#32 Aug 24, 2008
As far as I'm concerned, Wayne Huizenga can go suck an egg right at some bus stop in Hallendale.
spanky

New York, NY

#33 Aug 24, 2008
johnny wrote:
Lucky D-o-l-l-p-h-i-n-s bastards!!!! we will see in the real thing, when they will get wiped by the Jets and My New England Patriots :P .
Leave South Florida you Yankee P-HUC!
ron realto

United States

#34 Aug 24, 2008
the phish and the tuna, b!!
dannyboy

San Clemente, CA

#35 Aug 24, 2008
Run,Ricky,Run
Adolph Oliver Pubies

Lake Worth, FL

#36 Aug 25, 2008
Bill wrote:
Don't think of the preseason as ending next Thursday in New Orleans. This entire "regular season" will serve an extended preseason, a series of 16 scrimmages in nine stadiums over 17 weeks designed to separate those who can contribute to a future contender from those who cannot.
Ooooh, brilliant!! How long did it take you to figure out how to cut and paste that???? Of all the writers you could have plagiarized, you chose Ethan...LMAO...
MJZ

Yonkers, NY

#37 Aug 25, 2008
There are only two other guys I would call keepers, Will Allen and Ricky.
pfft

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#38 Aug 25, 2008
="johnny"]Lucky D-o-l-l-p-h-i-n-s bastards!!!! we will see in the real thing, when they will get wiped by the Jets and My New England Patriots :P .(your name Kraft?)

you're dumb jonny. Go play outside.
Fang

United States

#39 Aug 25, 2008
Well this is a little late in coming, but this should have been done when Sabin came here. I'm talking about taking a wrecking ball to the team as the Dolphins did this year. If that had been done 3 years ago who knows where we would be at this time.

It didn't and Ethan you are right on. This year will be a turnstile for the players. Produce or your gone. The level of competition will be all over the field on game days and during the week. Few players are safe, there was even talk of a Ronnie Brown trade. Where do you think that originated from ? No one is safe on this team my fellow fans.

Since: Sep 07

West Sacramento, CA

#40 Aug 25, 2008
pfft wrote:
="johnny"]Lucky D-o-l-l-p-h-i-n-s bastards!!!! we will see in the real thing, when they will get wiped by the Jets and My New England Patriots :P .(your name Kraft?)
you're dumb jonny. Go play outside.
24-0 is not luck. We will at least split with the patsies this year. Pats at best 8-8 without Brady. I thought this was a team game. Many on the Pats defense are old enough to qualify to join AARP. Be prepared for the fall Pats fans, for it is coming right soon!!!
Armchair Analyst

United States

#41 Aug 31, 2008
I don't think we should dismiss this win just b/c it came against the Chiefs. On the other hand, I don't know why some of you are blasting Ethan for writing that this entire season is an extended exhibition season. That's exactly what I wrote to another poster a long time ago. Ethan explained what he meant quite well, I thought. In the larger scheme of things, this yr is in essence an exhibition season b/c the Fins aren't going to the playoffs anyway. I stand by Ethan on this one, and I don't think we should cast a little realism as "negative reporting." The Dolphins will absolutely be better than they were last yr, but the big success we all want to see is still at least a yr away. As I keep trying to remind people, while we're busy rebuilding, the rest of the league is not just standing still. I think we are now in a vastly improved division top to bottom--and one of the toughest in the league outside of the NFC East and perhaps the AFC North. Am I "negative" for admitting that?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brodie Croyle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kansas City Chiefs: Quarterbacks the Team Shoul... (Jan '13) Jan '13 keith l 5
News Brodie Croyle, former Chiefs QB, has retired (May '12) May '12 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Orton, Grossman both lackluster in preseason loss (Aug '08) Oct '11 Harfarts 136
News Chiefs open door for possible Oakland Raiders p... (Dec '10) Dec '10 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 15
News Chiefs preparing to play without Cassel (Dec '10) Dec '10 kcnut 1
News Chiefs Finally Win Pre-Season Game, Beat Packer... (Sep '10) Sep '10 Bear 3
News Chiefs Release Four Players (Aug '10) Aug '10 Coop 3
More from around the web