Why The Oakland Raiders Will Win The ...

Why The Oakland Raiders Will Win The AFC West in 2008

There are 754 comments on the BleacherReport story from Mar 20, 2008, titled Why The Oakland Raiders Will Win The AFC West in 2008. In it, BleacherReport reports that:

Face it, by getting CB DeAngelo Hall to pair with Nnamdi Asomugha--the Raiders are now the team to beat in the AFC West. via BleacherReport

Join the discussion below, or Read more at BleacherReport.

First Prev
of 38
Next Last
KC lifer

Collierville, TN

#1 Mar 21, 2008
oak still the team to GET beat despite spending spree - they hav just as good a team as last two years ... just mor expensive

Since: Feb 08

Waterford Works, NJ

#2 Mar 21, 2008
Hey I'd love to see Oak. or K.C. for that matter, step up and bite S.D. in the a** and steal it away but it ain't gonna happen next year. Now create a 3-way log jam for 2nd place? That's a possibility.
lclaus

Easton, MD

#3 Mar 22, 2008
i have a big money bet that says oakland will still be in the basement!

“I knew it.Hank's a RaidersFan!”

Since: Feb 07

Raleigh, NC

#4 Mar 22, 2008
You are Crazy at the very least we will be fighting for 2nd place. In our division With a defense with our LB's Newly Acquired Gibril Wilson, and DeAngelo Hall....with Namdi....Teams will have a hard time passing which leaves us with the ability to focus un Stopping the run....Our D will be a top 5 D in the league...Plus the additions of Walker and Carter on offense...opens our our passing game...Our TE will flourish this year...ad outr QB will be comfortable by week 3 or 4....and did I mention he has a cannon?...The Basement is not an option this year.
lclaus wrote:
i have a big money bet that says oakland will still be in the basement!
Captain Canada

Boissevain, Canada

#5 Mar 22, 2008
Should be a fun year! They were very close in most of their games last year, leading in the fourth quarter in many. Running game was very good with a completely overhauled O-line. Stopping the run is obviously the #1 priority, and should be much better. The additions in the secondary will allow for more stacking the box and blitz packages. I'll go on the record to say that I have no idea what they should/or will do on draft day, but all of their options are good ones. Thank you Al Davis for always having the passion to re-load every year. No one has a crystal ball to know how gutsy moves will pay off, but at least Al has the guts,(and three Lombardi's), to step up every year.
mike moran

Boca Raton, FL

#6 Mar 24, 2008
It's very possible that the raiders could win 8 games this year. Let's not go crazy and project ourselves as a play off team here. But let's look at it honestly. Denver is NOT on the up and up. They lost their MLB and still have no DE's or RB's worth a salt. KC has an 1 very good RB... and that is it. They have a QB that I could compete with in training camp and only 1 good defensive player. The chargers are still gonna be at least a 10 win team, so let's face the facts. Here are my projections for next year.

San Diego-12-4
Oakland-8-8
Denver-7-9
Kansas City-6-8

Raleigh, NC

#7 Mar 25, 2008
That looks like a fair assement of how the division will finish....Although I think the Chargers will be a 11-5 at best...I know thats splitting hairs...but I got a gut feeling there best ball is behind them...Rarely does a Dominate RB like LT last without injury...now with Michael Turner gone...they will be hurting...if LaDanian Tomlinson goees down. Plus I am still not sold on Norv Turner...eventually his true colors have to come through...
mike moran wrote:
It's very possible that the raiders could win 8 games this year. Let's not go crazy and project ourselves as a play off team here. But let's look at it honestly. Denver is NOT on the up and up. They lost their MLB and still have no DE's or RB's worth a salt. KC has an 1 very good RB... and that is it. They have a QB that I could compete with in training camp and only 1 good defensive player. The chargers are still gonna be at least a 10 win team, so let's face the facts. Here are my projections for next year.
San Diego-12-4
Oakland-8-8
Denver-7-9
Kansas City-6-8
mike moran

Boca Raton, FL

#8 Mar 25, 2008
Very true! LT just got off of surgery as well for his ankle and wont be 100 for training camp and preseason. LT has a workout regimen almost as famous as Jerry Rice and he is gonna miss it this season just while he is healing. They really do have no NO.2 RB and they have at least medium-sized questions at QB. LT, goes down in week 6 or something and SD will be hurtin...
RaiderFaith wrote:
That looks like a fair assement of how the division will finish....Although I think the Chargers will be a 11-5 at best...I know thats splitting hairs...but I got a gut feeling there best ball is behind them...Rarely does a Dominate RB like LT last without injury...now with Michael Turner gone...they will be hurting...if LaDanian Tomlinson goees down. Plus I am still not sold on Norv Turner...eventually his true colors have to come through...<quoted text>

Raleigh, NC

#9 Mar 25, 2008
If Ladanian goes down...with injury in the first half of the season...It's possible Raiders could be pesky when it comes to first place in the AFC West. That would be someting to see...
mike moran wrote:
Very true! LT just got off of surgery as well for his ankle and wont be 100 for training camp and preseason. LT has a workout regimen almost as famous as Jerry Rice and he is gonna miss it this season just while he is healing. They really do have no NO.2 RB and they have at least medium-sized questions at QB. LT, goes down in week 6 or something and SD will be hurtin...
<quoted text>
TexasRaider

United States

#10 Mar 25, 2008
mike moran wrote:
San Diego-12-4
Oakland-8-8
Denver-7-9
Kansas City-6-8
I'm gonna say this:
San Diego 10-6
Oakland 9-7
Denver 7-9
Kansas City 6-10

Norv Turner will eventually fall and San Diego will go down. Oakland has made a lot of moves this offseason that I believe will help them win more games if all stay healthy. Denver has just been average and I'm not sold on KC doing anything major this year especially with Herman Edwards coaching.
RaiderHater

Prairie Village, KS

#11 Mar 25, 2008
c'mon now, the raiders aint been shit, and they're not about to start now. heck, the only reason they FINALLY beat the chiefs last year was because, well, the CHIEFS SUCKED!!! but i dont blame the team, i blame herm. But back to the story, when the raiders make it out of the basement, we'll all be playin football in space
mike moran

Boca Raton, FL

#12 Mar 26, 2008
We will see dude. You have got to admit tho, YOU ARE AN IDIOT.

Raleigh, NC

#13 Mar 26, 2008
A Chief fan saying the Raiders "aint been shit"? Are you kidding me? Mike Moran is right...YOU ARE AN IDIOT!
RaiderHater wrote:
c'mon now, the raiders aint been shit, and they're not about to start now. heck, the only reason they FINALLY beat the chiefs last year was because, well, the CHIEFS SUCKED!!! but i dont blame the team, i blame herm. But back to the story, when the raiders make it out of the basement, we'll all be playin football in space

“RAIDER NATION 4 LIFE”

Since: May 07

baraboo

#14 Mar 26, 2008
we have problems i just read we are 500k from cap and we haven't drafted yet.i know we will save big money when ea get rid of jordan.somebody else has to go.i'm not going to dignify mr.hater with a response except maybe that's an original screen name.
THE LONE RAIDER

AOL

#15 Mar 26, 2008
it is reported that nnamdi osomuagh, will most likely go and jordan? i personally think he will go and somebody is shopping for a carr so, not that i want to see these guys go but, it is what it is..... gotta move on.. it does look as though we will stay in the race this year other people just don't want to see the RAIDERS rise. they fear the dark side.hello 08
mike moran

Boca Raton, FL

#16 Mar 27, 2008
I think that if we draft McFadden, then we should get rid of LaMont, Fabian and Stuart Schweigert. Unfortunately we run with 2 FB's as it is and i hope we keep them. That would leave, Dominic, Michael Bush, Fargas and McFadden. That would mean that we would most likely have to deal away dominic or the wild card that is bush. I would vote for dominic going in that case. Either way, Fabian Washington was a first round pick by us a few years ago and might just be getting a pretty sizable amount each year. If we snip him out of the eqauation and trade a RB for another DT or something, then we should have enough cap space for a few guys.
Mile Hi Maniac

Loveland, CO

#17 Mar 27, 2008
HAHAHAHA...Riiiight the team to beat! A bunch of over-paid, washed up, coachless, Al Davis minions... this team is not only NOT the team to beat, its the team that has the most to live up to, but it aint gunna happen. 22 individuals do not constitute a team.

Raleigh, NC

#18 Mar 27, 2008
This coming from a guy who is a fan of a team that's not even in the conversation for 1st or 2nd place in the AFC West this year. Your Donkey's are in a downward spiral....the Raiders are moving up...I wouldn't be surprised if the Chiefs do better than the Donkey's this year. Your best offenseive weapon is out for four months with an injury...You have a Mole faced coach that is losing power in Denver...which is understood since they are in a downward sprial....Yep, pretty much sucks to be a Donkey fan.
Mile Hi Maniac wrote:
HAHAHAHA...Riiiight the team to beat! A bunch of over-paid, washed up, coachless, Al Davis minions... this team is not only NOT the team to beat, its the team that has the most to live up to, but it aint gunna happen. 22 individuals do not constitute a team.

“RAIDER NATION 4 LIFE”

Since: May 07

baraboo

#19 Mar 27, 2008
THE LONE RAIDER wrote:
it is reported that nnamdi osomuagh, will most likely go and jordan? i personally think he will go and somebody is shopping for a carr so, not that i want to see these guys go but, it is what it is..... gotta move on.. it does look as though we will stay in the race this year other people just don't want to see the RAIDERS rise. they fear the dark side.hello 08
they are not gonna deal away asuoghma that would be stupid.he's ten times the corner hall is
Freddy

Granger, IN

#20 Mar 28, 2008
mike moran wrote:
I think that if we draft McFadden, then we should get rid of LaMont, Fabian and Stuart Schweigert. Unfortunately we run with 2 FB's as it is and i hope we keep them. That would leave, Dominic, Michael Bush, Fargas and McFadden. That would mean that we would most likely have to deal away dominic or the wild card that is bush. I would vote for dominic going in that case. Either way, Fabian Washington was a first round pick by us a few years ago and might just be getting a pretty sizable amount each year. If we snip him out of the eqauation and trade a RB for another DT or something, then we should have enough cap space for a few guys.
Washington's contract is not that large. I don't believe they will move him for the sake of moving him for cap space.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 38
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brodie Croyle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kansas City Chiefs: Quarterbacks the Team Shoul... (Jan '13) Jan '13 keith l 5
News Brodie Croyle, former Chiefs QB, has retired (May '12) May '12 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Orton, Grossman both lackluster in preseason loss (Aug '08) Oct '11 Harfarts 136
News Chiefs open door for possible Oakland Raiders p... (Dec '10) Dec '10 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 15
News Chiefs preparing to play without Cassel (Dec '10) Dec '10 kcnut 1
News Chiefs Finally Win Pre-Season Game, Beat Packer... (Sep '10) Sep '10 Bear 3
News Chiefs Release Four Players (Aug '10) Aug '10 Coop 3
More from around the web