Raiders at Chiefs

Nov 25, 2007 | Posted by: The Orlando Sentinel | Full story: The Orlando Sentinel

Larry Johnson is still on the mend, Priest Holmes is retired and QB Brodie Croyle seeks to produce more than the 10 points he created in his first NFL start (and first loss). The Chiefs remain only a game out of first in the AFC Worst, er, West. At Oakland, disgruntled RB Lamont Jordan has asked for his release and once-hot RB Justin Vargas is struggling (141 yards the past two games).

1 p.m., partly cloudy, 50, Chiefs by 5 1/2 Jerry Greene's pick: Chiefs by 2 Read more

Comments
1 - 20 of 20 Comments Last updated Dec 1, 2007
mwgfret
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2007

Very few things make a Raiders fan as happy as beating the Chiefs at Arrowhead. Even though both teams suck severely.

Since: Oct 07

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2007

mwgfret wrote:
Very few things make a Raiders fan as happy as beating the Chiefs at Arrowhead. Even though both teams suck severely.
ya beating denver next week and the chargers at the end of the season.
Freddy

Granger, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2007

mwgfret wrote:
I thought the Raider offense showed some life. The last two drives were very promising. I can't remember the last time (after Gannon) the Raiders had back to back drives that impressive. Their offense won the game with those two drives.

“Raiders, Warriors and A's”

Since: Aug 07

San Jose

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2007

Freddy wrote:
<quoted text>I thought the Raider offense showed some life. The last two drives were very promising. I can't remember the last time (after Gannon) the Raiders had back to back drives that impressive. Their offense won the game with those two drives.
As the 4th quarter rolled around, I was thinking
how it was the same old 4th quarter fade...and then
the Raidier's D held on 4th 'n' short, followed by
Culpepper having enough time to throw downfield
and stretch the Chief's D, without the OL being
called for a false start. That's what I call Raider
football and it felt great.
Spencer

Beijing, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2007

LOOKS LIKE GREEN WAS WRONG AHAHAHAHHAHAHAH!!!!! GO RAIDERS!!! ENJOY THE FEELING OF WORTHLESSNESS FOR AN ENTIRE YEAR CHIEFS FANS!!! AHAHAHHAHA
Captain Canada

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2007

That was beautiful! O-line play was stellar with the fewest penalties I can remember in well, forever. A solid game with no turnovers by Daunte. Porter and Fargas going off. Huff's first interception. Big stop on fourth and one. But most of all, Kiffin's aggressive vs. the usual conservative play-calling. Hope to see more of that against Ratface and the donkeys!
Andrew

Neptune, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2007

THIS WAS THE BIGGEST WIN IN THREE YEARS FOR THIS TEAM! THAT SHOWED A LOT OF HEART, GOING INTO ARROWHEAD AND BEATING A CHIEFS TEAM! EVEN THOUGH WE HAVE NO HOPE THIS YEAR, THIS MAKES ME VERY PROUD AND EXCITED ABOUT THE FUTURE BECAUSE OF THE HEART THEY SHOWED IN THAT WIN! NOW LETS KILL THE BRONCOS!!!!!

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2007

2oonz wrote:
<quoted text>
As the 4th quarter rolled around, I was thinking
how it was the same old 4th quarter fade...and then
the Raidier's D held on 4th 'n' short, followed by
Culpepper having enough time to throw downfield
and stretch the Chief's D, without the OL being
called for a false start. That's what I call Raider
football and it felt great.
That is what impressed me the most; No offensive linemen had false starts, just a few by the TEs. I think we are really gaining some poise and if we can keep it up, we'll be a different team for the better by season's end.
Twilight zone

Bridgeport, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2007

God damn Herm Edwards is dumb. He's setting back black coaches big time.

San Jose

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2007

TexasRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
That is what impressed me the most; No offensive linemen had false starts, just a few by the TEs. I think we are really gaining some poise and if we can keep it up, we'll be a different team for the better by season's end.
The longer we stay with one QB, the more familiar the OL will be
with the sound of the QB's voice and cadence. Switching back
and forth between McCown and Culpepper had a price. But there
were injuries and poor performances by these QBs, so the switching
was unavoidable. Get ready for more false starts if Russell takes
the snap in December. Hopefully, Kiffin will still be the Head Coach,
and Russell will be the consistant starter in 2008.

“I knew it.Hank's a RaidersFan!”

Since: Feb 07

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2007

You are right about consistency but we also need a QB capable of starting in the NFL and we haven't started one this year that is capable, just back up's and poor ones at that.. I think they should start Culp and put Russell in the second half or at the end of the first half...he needs to start getting experience. He also needs to knock off some of the rust so we need to be a little patient.

Some West Texas County

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2007

2oonz wrote:
<quoted text>
The longer we stay with one QB, the more familiar the OL will be
with the sound of the QB's voice and cadence. Switching back
and forth between McCown and Culpepper had a price. But there
were injuries and poor performances by these QBs, so the switching
was unavoidable. Get ready for more false starts if Russell takes
the snap in December. Hopefully, Kiffin will still be the Head Coach,
and Russell will be the consistant starter in 2008.
I agree with your statement. As long as we build around the guys we select as building blocks, we should be all right.

Some West Texas County

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2007

RaiderFaith wrote:
You are right about consistency but we also need a QB capable of starting in the NFL and we haven't started one this year that is capable, just back up's and poor ones at that.. I think they should start Culp and put Russell in the second half or at the end of the first half...he needs to start getting experience. He also needs to knock off some of the rust so we need to be a little patient.
The one that really needs to be patient is Al Davis. Over the years, the Raiders never really rebuilt, the just reloaded. I don't remeber a time when we had as many young guns as we do now.
Captain Canada

Brandon, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2007

I think the light went on for Kiffin and many of the players last week against K.C. I remember one of Kiffin's first press conference where he mentioned Al's desire to have a head coach with an attack mentality. Well, he finally did this, and the results speak for themselves. The players are finally being allowed to do what they do best. Stability at the head coach and quarterback position is a big part of what they've been missing since Gannon went down.

“I knew it.Hank's a RaidersFan!”

Since: Feb 07

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2007

It would be a huge boost for us to get a W against the Broncos. It would help build confidence in the players, the coaches and build trust amongst one another.

Some West Texas County

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2007

RaiderFaith wrote:
It would be a huge boost for us to get a W against the Broncos. It would help build confidence in the players, the coaches and build trust amongst one another.
We nearly had one earlier this year, but now we got them on our turf. If we get a W against Denver, it will turn some heads. Then if we get Ws against Green Bay, Jax, Indy, and SD, we'd be thought of as a whole nother team...

San Jose

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2007

The Raiders can win 3 outta 5 of rest of the schedule if they keep the penalties down.
Andrew

Neptune, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2007

I think 3 out of the last 5 is possible, but not probable! The only three, they can win is against green bay, denver, or san diego! and i doubt they can beat a 10-2 green bay team! They have no hope against the colts or jaguars!

Since: Oct 07

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2007

Andrew wrote:
I think 3 out of the last 5 is possible, but not probable! The only three, they can win is against green bay, denver, or san diego! and i doubt they can beat a 10-2 green bay team! They have no hope against the colts or jaguars!
dont sell em short of beating those teams. i would love to just see them beat san diego and denver. then my charger wife can shut up. did anyone else read coaches q&a from yesterday. daunte has a bum leg and jamarcus could see some time.
Andrew

Neptune, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2007

finally give my man jamarcus a try!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Brodie Croyle Discussions

Search the Brodie Croyle Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Kansas City Chiefs: Quarterbacks the Team Shoul... (Jan '13) Jan '13 keith l 5
Brodie Croyle, former Chiefs QB, has retired (May '12) May '12 Laughing Bear Fan 1
Orton, Grossman both lackluster in preseason loss (Aug '08) Oct '11 Harfarts 136
Chiefs open door for possible Oakland Raiders p... (Dec '10) Dec '10 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 15
Chiefs preparing to play without Cassel (Dec '10) Dec '10 kcnut 1
Chiefs Finally Win Pre-Season Game, Beat Packer... (Sep '10) Sep '10 Bear 3
Chiefs Release Four Players (Aug '10) Aug '10 Coop 3
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••