Green, Brown manage better performanc...

Green, Brown manage better performances; Beck leads Dolphins ra...

There are 166 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Aug 16, 2007, titled Green, Brown manage better performances; Beck leads Dolphins ra.... In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Despite a lukewarm reception and just a smattering of Trent Green Chiefs jerseys in the stands, it still turned out to be a pleasant homecoming - albeit a brief one - for the former Chiefs quarterback as he ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Hal Julikakick

San Diego, CA

#4 Aug 17, 2007
For all of you haters out there who insist on being negative I am going to put a different spin on things: How about Cameron's play calling! Talk about balls! You have to admit, whether you like the Ginn pick or our O-Line, whether you think Green sucks or Beck is the savior, the play calling is irrefutably WAY better and what a refreshing change. I am looking forward to seeing Booker in games 3 and 4 and hope we keep Cobbs on the practice squad in case someone gets hurt.
dave auburn ny

Liverpool, NY

#6 Aug 17, 2007
why is your starting running back returning kick-offs in the pre-season. what? is ginn only "good" enough to return punts. or wasnt his father available. because you all know. we didnt just draft ted we drafted his family. ginn showed nothing last not.
Jimmy Johnson

United States

#9 Aug 17, 2007
Why can't we just get along??? I read EVERYTHING Dolphin, I read the Herald first anyway, than come here to see what the Sun has to say about my team. We're putting it together, I loved seeing Brown power run right thru KC's line. If Beck keeps improving, he could start, with Lemon as back up. Green can sit out as far as I am concerned, if Beck is the better QB. We'll see who is the quicker learner. The race is on and the winner will be us fans with a possible playoff team!!! Go Fins!!! All the Way in 2007!!!
Jet Fan

United States

#10 Aug 17, 2007
Loser Time! hahaha! The offense really stinks. Where's the recievers at? Ted Ginn? What a 9 yard return average? The guy isn't even a good return man,roonie the bum brown looked better. So far Ginn aint done squat. Wes Welker looks alot better to yooos now doesn't he? I think you drafted a bust!
You should've picked an offensive lineman,at least you'd have one guy that can block. Trent Green? what you see is what you get. Either your recievers really suck or it's the quarterbacks. But right now your whole offense is just a mess.
Jet Fan

United States

#11 Aug 17, 2007
Yeah, the new sentinal page design,sucks!~
ocala howie

Altamonte Springs, FL

#12 Aug 17, 2007
nice to see Ronnie run like he is supposed to. ya think he read some of the comments after the last game. lets hope he can do that in the regular season. Matt Roth is gonna be awesome for us for years to come. to bad Wright went down.lets hope he will be back soon.i think he is also gonna be part of the future of our def. now if we can just get kick-a** secondary. the o-line is looking better, and i think Green did just fine. its not his fault his first 3 passes where dropped.GO PHINS!!!
Mandwich

United States

#13 Aug 17, 2007
the stench of cow manure permeates this offense!
Ted Ginn looks like a bust! I didn't see any moves,speed or tackle breaking ability. Maybe if people move out of his way he can score!

Since: Aug 07

Naples, Florida

#15 Aug 17, 2007
Hal Julikakick wrote:
For all of you haters out there who insist on being negative I am going to put a different spin on things: How about Cameron's play calling! Talk about balls! You have to admit, whether you like the Ginn pick or our O-Line, whether you think Green sucks or Beck is the savior, the play calling is irrefutably WAY better and what a refreshing change. I am looking forward to seeing Booker in games 3 and 4 and hope we keep Cobbs on the practice squad in case someone gets hurt.
is booker hurt now. I have been looking for him.
Ramsterone

Polk City, FL

#16 Aug 17, 2007
Lemon is the second coming of Ray Lucas , fumbles the ball just like Duh'ta. This is Lemon's last year anyway.Where's Chambers , only the rookies are catching anything.
ocala howie

Altamonte Springs, FL

#17 Aug 17, 2007
Jet Fan wrote:
Loser Time! hahaha! The offense really stinks. Where's the recievers at? Ted Ginn? What a 9 yard return average? The guy isn't even a good return man,roonie the bum brown looked better. So far Ginn aint done squat. Wes Welker looks alot better to yooos now doesn't he? I think you drafted a bust!
You should've picked an offensive lineman,at least you'd have one guy that can block. Trent Green? what you see is what you get. Either your recievers really suck or it's the quarterbacks. But right now your whole offense is just a mess.
to bad you cant handle the fact that its starting to come together. GINN fielded what? 3-4 punts. do you expect him to bring them all back to the house in only his 2nd NFL game. and speaking of punting, between Fields and our D we kept them pretty much out of it most of the game. and dont forget we did have another drive down to the 3, which would have been at least a field goal if it were reg. season. GINN will see you in sept. and by then will be returning them ALL-THE-WAY!!! have a terrible day. GO PHINS!!!
timmy

Delray Beach, FL

#18 Aug 17, 2007
Hey, we saw something out of Brown we have been expecting for a while. Tough hard runs and the burst of speed when he his the hole. Also, not giving up on plays and keep moving his feet.

Lets see more of that Brown, so you can loose your bust tag!
timmy

Delray Beach, FL

#20 Aug 17, 2007
Jet Fan wrote:
Hey JET FAN say what ever you want but at least we have our own stadium. Don't you play in Giants Stadium every year? Also, be prepared for the regress year. You guy's are so overrated!
Marlins gurl

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#21 Aug 17, 2007
To all the Brady Quinn lovers:

Write 5000 times-
"I will no longer be suckered in by the hyperbole of the Notre Dame football media machine to automatically discount any other quaterback, especially those from Brigham Young University."
Don shula jr

United States

#22 Aug 17, 2007
good god, it's preseason..practice for all you guys that r reading wayyyyy to much into it, i like what i see from john beck, already looks poised, and jesse chatman..looks good, ginn looks like a rookie, it wont be long, but i do agree, WHY is ronnie brown fielding kicks, other than that i am happy with what i see...by the way, the J-E-T-S still suck
John from Davie

Fort Pierce, FL

#23 Aug 17, 2007
Howie, I agree with you about Roth. Wright should be awesome as well. I think when you get Porter in the mix, this defense is going to be giving the opposing QB fits. if we can keep him running for his life, it will help out the weak link on the team (our secondary).

Beck will not be our starter.... don't get me wrong, he will be a good QB (looks good already) but he will be groomed by Green who looked more than adequate back there last night.
I really like what Beck has shown already (he sees that end zone and goes for it!).

Go Phins!!! Hell Yeah!!!
West-Sider

North Port, FL

#24 Aug 17, 2007
Wow, what an improvement over the first game, for the OL!
Definitely the switch at LG made a big difference. Also, Carey's effort was far better. He must have watched Julius Wilson on film and decided he needed to step it up.
Clearly KCs front 4 isn't equal to JAX but then nobody in the league can match those 4.
Alabi & Satele stayed on their blocks much better. Brown also stepped up his effort. I'm really impressed with Miami's front 4. Roth and Gbaja-Biamila were very active and showed great upfield quickness.
Mkristo Bruce played well again with the second unit, as did Chase Page. Bruce again this week, played both DE position with equal effectiveness. Even though he isn't as quick off the snap as Taylor and Gbaja-Biamila, he'll give them a solid set of fresh legs and good intensity as they rotate him in there. This guy is a very good pick-up for a FA!
Soliai was vastly improved over last week. His upfield surge was jamming the middle all night which made the job easier for the DTs.
Courtney Anderson of course made a very good 1 handed catch and also blocked pretty well. In the defensive backfield, Lehan shows to be a very willing run support guy with a couple of big hits.

All in all I was VERY encouraged by the teams play on both sides of the ball, and you look at all of the offensive weapons still to come, L Booker, Hakim, M. Booker, Hagan, Chambers. Also on defense we haven't seen Traylor, Taylor, Thomas, yet.

On the flip side, I wasn't excited about the play of the DBs & LBs in some instances, I still am not sold on Mauia, either. Not very quick, struggles with a lot of the aspects and speed of the game.

We didn't see much of P.K. Sam or Malone and I'm of the belief that Ginn is still NOT at 100%.

All in all it had to put a grin on the face of Mueller, Cameron, and the rest of the staff.

I suppose it'll shut up many of the negative 'commenters' in this section, excepting the usual drivel from the fans of the other teams.
DMP

New York, NY

#25 Aug 17, 2007
John Beck is the reincarnation of Bob Griese, a true winner that puts the "team" above anything else. I expect to see a great career from this fine, talented quarterback.
Izzy

Huntsville, AL

#26 Aug 17, 2007
The O-line didn't look half bad with the exception of David Martin laying down on 4th & Goal from the 3. He didn't even touch the DE who made the play. He has been around too long to tank it like that.

Since: Jan 07

Hoboken, NJ

#27 Aug 17, 2007
ocala howie wrote:
nice to see Ronnie run like he is supposed to. ya think he read some of the comments after the last game. lets hope he can do that in the regular season. Matt Roth is gonna be awesome for us for years to come. to bad Wright went down.lets hope he will be back soon.i think he is also gonna be part of the future of our def. now if we can just get kick-a** secondary. the o-line is looking better, and i think Green did just fine. its not his fault his first 3 passes where dropped.GO PHINS!!!
Ronnie Brown has averaged 4.2 yards a carry as a Dolphin over his 1st 2 years. Compare that with San Diego's LaDainian Tomlinson at 4.5 over his career, the great Eric Dickerson's career avarge was 4.4

The truth is Brown is the best back we have had in YEARS! and still the fans give this guy a hard time. Give the guy a break! He has been the ONLY offense we have had the past 2 years.
Mac

AOL

#28 Aug 17, 2007
Why this, why that, you budding GM's need to enjoy whats going on and not worrry about trivial BS. Beck looks so good its not even funny. Gee I wish the Dolphins had drafted Quinn,,,,,,NOT,,,let Ronnie Brown run where ever he wants to run, running back kicks, up the gut, to the left, to the right,,,some of u people just like to bitch

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brodie Croyle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kansas City Chiefs: Quarterbacks the Team Shoul... (Jan '13) Jan '13 keith l 5
News Brodie Croyle, former Chiefs QB, has retired (May '12) May '12 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Orton, Grossman both lackluster in preseason loss (Aug '08) Oct '11 Harfarts 136
News Chiefs open door for possible Oakland Raiders p... (Dec '10) Dec '10 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 15
News Chiefs preparing to play without Cassel (Dec '10) Dec '10 kcnut 1
News Chiefs Finally Win Pre-Season Game, Beat Packer... (Sep '10) Sep '10 Bear 3
News Chiefs Release Four Players (Aug '10) Aug '10 Coop 3
More from around the web