Chicago Bears coach Lovie Smith denie...

Chicago Bears coach Lovie Smith denies Jay Cutler-Brian Urlache...

There are 17 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jul 30, 2009, titled Chicago Bears coach Lovie Smith denies Jay Cutler-Brian Urlache.... In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Chicago Bears coach Lovie Smith has shot down reports of a rift between new quarterback Jay Cutler and star linebacker Brian Urlacher, saying they're simply not true.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Mad Dog Gus

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Jul 30, 2009
Truth is, Cutler's a whinny kitty cat, just like Urlacher said to Wade in Vegas. Vick actually would fit the Bears tough guy approach better....glad they got Cutler instead! They'd be dangerous with Vick...
DD Austin

Pinola, MS

#2 Jul 30, 2009
Coach LOVIE-dovey probably made them kiss and make up!:O)
Oh, I forget - bear hugs too!!
No Cutler

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Jul 30, 2009
Jay Cutler..........Meet Jared Allen!

Imagine the love between these two at practice!

Since: Apr 08

Glenview, IL

#4 Jul 30, 2009
Mad Dog Gus wrote:
Truth is, Cutler's a whinny kitty cat, just like Urlacher said to Wade in Vegas. Vick actually would fit the Bears tough guy approach better....glad they got Cutler instead! They'd be dangerous with Vick...
gee...
lets see now what the Bears had as options..

Rex Grossman: erratic,inconsistent, short QB who never fit the system and who was not very smart on the field and virtually named a "mental midget" by the league thanks to Ron Rivera's comments or

Kyle Orton: a third stringer converted as starter by default, who was average at best, no touch to the football who barely beat out Grossman in some "mock" competion, who is obviously destined to be a journeyman QB and who's stats are comparable to Grossman who got ran out of town or:

Draft a QB: in a really bad draft by a team that does a REALLY bad job at drafting QB's and roll the dice that way or:

Jay Cutler: who cost 2 1st rounders + a 3rd stringer + chump change, who is a pro-bowler established franchise QB with prove consistent talent.

But in your world,

the Bears should of waited to see if a convicted felon may one day have the "chance" to be able to be "allowed" to play in the NFL and hope that his AGE and 2 years OUT OF FOOTBALL, and his Hybrid style would land on the bears lap without a hitch.

Kinda like the Vikings pitting all there hopes on a 60 year old QB to save the day by un-retiring for a 3rd or 5th time while doing nothing viable and holding on to Tavaris Jackson...LOL

its all so clear to me now!

“Let's rock!!”

Since: Oct 07

Aurora, IL

#5 Jul 30, 2009
_DiMz_ wrote:
<quoted text>
gee...
lets see now what the Bears had as options..
Rex Grossman: erratic,inconsistent, short QB who never fit the system and who was not very smart on the field and virtually named a "mental midget" by the league thanks to Ron Rivera's comments or
Kyle Orton: a third stringer converted as starter by default, who was average at best, no touch to the football who barely beat out Grossman in some "mock" competion, who is obviously destined to be a journeyman QB and who's stats are comparable to Grossman who got ran out of town or:
Draft a QB: in a really bad draft by a team that does a REALLY bad job at drafting QB's and roll the dice that way or:
Jay Cutler: who cost 2 1st rounders + a 3rd stringer + chump change, who is a pro-bowler established franchise QB with prove consistent talent.
But in your world,
the Bears should of waited to see if a convicted felon may one day have the "chance" to be able to be "allowed" to play in the NFL and hope that his AGE and 2 years OUT OF FOOTBALL, and his Hybrid style would land on the bears lap without a hitch.
Kinda like the Vikings pitting all there hopes on a 60 year old QB to save the day by un-retiring for a 3rd or 5th time while doing nothing viable and holding on to Tavaris Jackson...LOL
its all so clear to me now!
HAW HAW HAW! Nice to have you back, Dimz! Good football analysis as always.

I think Cutler is the LEAST of our worries, the defense looks to be in danger of melting down! Goddam, what a bunch of mess! Later!
Audrey

Englewood, CO

#6 Jul 31, 2009
Mad Dog Gus wrote:
Truth is, Cutler's a whinny kitty cat, just like Urlacher said to Wade in Vegas. Vick actually would fit the Bears tough guy approach better....glad they got Cutler instead! They'd be dangerous with Vick...
What happened Dumb dog? Did mommy catch you in her panties again then spanked you and put you to bed without supper? So you thought you would come on here and whine like a little b@#$%. POOR you. I know, why don't you go ask mommy to show you how to put your makeup on so you can stand on the corner and hope the guy is drunk enough not to notice what a fat little piggy you realy are.
Audrey or Andy

Denver, CO

#8 Aug 6, 2009
We heard you had an operation in Trinidad a few weeks ago, is Audrey your new self or are you pretending to be your old self. For the record JC is a big time drunk, he's a diabetic. If he drinks and he's a diabetic he either has a death wish or is a moron. You make the choice. Oh yeah, he is not a franchise quarterback, that is a label reserved for somebody like the Mannings or Brady, the pro-bowl should have gone to Rivers, and even you know that. The only reason it went to Cutler was the Ed Hochuli blown call on the fumble late in the game against SD. He (in reality) loses that game, he gets blown out on the road in SD and now he's a franchise QB? a pro-bowl QB? Jay is gay, you'll see this year when he guides the Bears to nowhere
Audrey

Englewood, CO

#10 Aug 7, 2009
Audrey or Andy wrote:
We heard you had an operation in Trinidad a few weeks ago, is Audrey your new self or are you pretending to be your old self. For the record JC is a big time drunk, he's a diabetic. If he drinks and he's a diabetic he either has a death wish or is a moron. You make the choice. Oh yeah, he is not a franchise quarterback, that is a label reserved for somebody like the Mannings or Brady, the pro-bowl should have gone to Rivers, and even you know that. The only reason it went to Cutler was the Ed Hochuli blown call on the fumble late in the game against SD. He (in reality) loses that game, he gets blown out on the road in SD and now he's a franchise QB? a pro-bowl QB? Jay is gay, you'll see this year when he guides the Bears to nowhere
First of all, I've never been to Trinidad and know nothing about it. The fact you do say's alot about you. I'd say, you were just projecting your own short coming's on me because I'm a girl, and no matter how many operations you have, you will never be the pretty little girl you have always wanted to be. Jay is not the drunk or anything else you and the press say he is. The press was bored and let loose on Jay. Stupid people like you seem to beleave every thing they read. So here's something you can beleave. Jay is a great QB, I'm a cute girl, and you are a moron. That's the truth, so deal with it. Go Bears!!!!
Rams on Three

United States

#11 Aug 10, 2009
It kind of looks like Jay is on the sauce.
He needs all the help he can get and hopefuly Brian will make a man out of him yet.
Sage Rosensauce

Houston, TX

#12 Aug 10, 2009
Cutler cant helicopter maneuver like me.
Jay CutLimp

Denver, CO

#13 Aug 13, 2009
Rams on Three wrote:
It kind of looks like Jay is on the sauce.
He needs all the help he can get and hopefuly Brian will make a man out of him yet.
Brian will make a woman out of him, his little bieotch
Sage Rosenwoman

Houston, TX

#14 Aug 13, 2009
I throw like a girl.

My resume doesnt lie......

http://www.nfl.com/players/sagerosenfels/prof...

Copter rides for all my fasn!
Audrey

Englewood, CO

#15 Aug 13, 2009
It's nice to see that you don't care if people see you for the jealous little piggy you realy are. Good for you. And when Jay takes the Bears to the playoffs, you can sit in front of your TV and cry while saying to yourself, why do I always have to be so wrong? And when that happens, just remember I will be laughing at you.
Sage Rosenlaughs

Houston, TX

#16 Aug 13, 2009
Dont forget to laugh at me as well, I stink as a QB.

But my helicopter maneuvers are dead on.
Glazer

United States

#17 Aug 13, 2009
Audrey wrote:
Jay takes the Bears to the playoffs, you can sit in front of your TV and cry while saying to yourself, why do I always have to be so wrong? And when that happens, just remember I will be laughing at you.
Which playoff game will he be taking them to?
I didn't know tickets were available so soon.
2 minute tommy

United States

#18 Aug 13, 2009
They are the tickets that our Vikings wont be seeing.
Sage FrozenCraps

Denver, CO

#19 Aug 14, 2009
Sage Rosenlaughs wrote:
Dont forget to laugh at me as well, I stink as a QB.
But my helicopter maneuvers are dead on.
Thank GOD I moved to a warmer climate

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brian Urlacher Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Bear Bryan Robinson found dead in Milwau... Jun '16 Laughing Bear Fan 3
News Briggs says he'll do right by daughter (Dec '07) Jan '15 Jessica 33
News History Favors Chicago Bears With Shea McClelli... (May '14) May '14 bill4544 1
News Time For Brian Urlacher and Chicago Bears To Pa... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Steven 1
News Green Bay Packers: Jermichael Finley projects n... (Aug '13) Aug '13 eric 11
News Brian Urlacher says he's retiring from NFL (May '13) May '13 Go Blue Forever 1
News Should Chicago Bears Consider Resigning Brian U... (May '13) May '13 Laughing Bear Fan 2
More from around the web