Minnesota Vikings' Pat Williams out 2 to 6 weeks with shoulder ...

Minnesota Vikings Pro Bowl defensive tackle Pat Williams has suffered a shoulder injury that will sideline him two to six weeks, Vikings coach Brad Childress said today. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
bulldogdutch

United States

#43 Dec 18, 2008
the game is not a if: then scenario nimrod. der da der fudgepackers = lions
bulldogdutch

United States

#44 Dec 18, 2008
zygi beat me to lance in trance
Loser Vikes

Minneapolis, MN

#45 Dec 18, 2008
choads

Since: Oct 08

Des Moines, IA

#46 Dec 18, 2008
The loss at Tampa was also our LAST lost... we've been steamrolling over opponets since then. This team will beat up on Atlanta and NYG, and roar into the playoffs as the hottest team in the NFC, versus the dinking and dunking around that Dallas and NYG and certain other teams are doing.
Lance706

Minneapolis, MN

#47 Dec 19, 2008
Reality and history have proved the vikes to often collapse in the playoffs when it was never expected.

How did that 15-1 team do ?

Hey, maybe they will change things around this time and close the deal but until they do, history can not be ignored.
kat

River Falls, WI

#48 Dec 19, 2008
ZygiZag wrote:
<quoted text>Part of me says why bother, but here goes. Continuing with this 2nd grade logic so if the Lions beat the packers on week 17 (which very well could happen look how tough they have played the VIKES and the COLTS), because 1 of the packers 5 wins was over the Tampa Bay and Tampa Bay has beat Carolina at least once this year then at the end of the year the Lions should then be viewed as elite teams of the NFL standing at 1-15.
Did you say the Pack beat the Bucs? Nope, loss. Wins vs. MN, Det, Chi, Colts, and Seattle. Maybe I misunderstood, but the logic of your arguement escapes me.
Lance706

Minneapolis, MN

#49 Dec 19, 2008
His initial premise is a reach. The Lions will not win that game. Heck the Pack beat Indy and as you stated, the Lions only played well against them.

We all know that on any given sunday, illogical things can happen. I was just trying to point out that one should not assume an easy game against Atlanta.

“Vikings Rock”

Since: Jun 08

Smallville, SD

#50 Dec 19, 2008
Lance706 wrote:
Reality and history have proved the vikes to often collapse in the playoffs when it was never expected.
How did that 15-1 team do ?
Hey, maybe they will change things around this time and close the deal but until they do, history can not be ignored.
Yes, maybe they will close the deal, maybe they won't get past the first game. The reality is that history has no effect on the future...or the Red Sox would still not have a championship.

Oh yea, that 15-1 team lost to Atlanta in the NFC championship game, don't you follow pro football at all.

“Vikings Rock”

Smallville, SD

#51 Dec 19, 2008
Lance706 wrote:
His initial premise is a reach. The Lions will not win that game. Heck the Pack beat Indy and as you stated, the Lions only played well against them.
We all know that on any given sunday, illogical things can happen. I was just trying to point out that one should not assume an easy game against Atlanta.
No assumption on my part, it will be a tough game and the Vikes will have to play very well to win, but I do like our chances since it's a home game.

Comparing past opponents and who beat who is not correct if you want to guess on which team should be another. Certain teams match up better than with others, and what time you play them certainly factors into it. If we are going with that analogy, the Vikings absolutely stomped the Giants in their house last year, so that must mean we were the better team than the Super Bowl champs. Not hardly, it only meant we were the better team for that day.
Lance706

Minneapolis, MN

#52 Dec 19, 2008
sodakviking wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, maybe they will close the deal, maybe they won't get past the first game. The reality is that history has no effect on the future...or the Red Sox would still not have a championship.
Oh yea, that 15-1 team lost to Atlanta in the NFC championship game, don't you follow pro football at all.
Reality is to be learned from. I have to remind some of the posters here that yes they played well last week but to think that the SB is a given is not learning FROM history. Not really trying to talk SMACK here but some of the posts seem over the edge..

“Vikings Rock”

Smallville, SD

#53 Dec 19, 2008
Lance706 wrote:
<quoted text>
Reality is to be learned from. I have to remind some of the posters here that yes they played well last week but to think that the SB is a given is not learning FROM history. Not really trying to talk SMACK here but some of the posts seem over the edge..
Yes I agree, some posters are over the edge, but you have to remember that not all these posters are adults or follow the Vikings as well as most of us. The Vikings have the inside shot at making the playoffs and winning the NFC North title, nothing more. My point on history is that those games lost that you mentioned were a long time ago and will have to effect on how far this team goes, and that is reality.
Lance706

Minneapolis, MN

#54 Dec 19, 2008
sodakviking wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I agree, some posters are over the edge, but you have to remember that not all these posters are adults or follow the Vikings as well as most of us. The Vikings have the inside shot at making the playoffs and winning the NFC North title, nothing more. My point on history is that those games lost that you mentioned were a long time ago and will have to effect on how far this team goes, and that is reality.
You are right and sometimes I forget that aspect.
They DO have a great chance at the North Title if they play as they have the last couple weeks and with tie breakers etc..I'll accept your logic and reasoning and just admit that I was a little fired up at the time.
bulldogdutch

United States

#55 Dec 19, 2008
My gut tells me the Vikings are going to win sunday at home versus the falcons who stand no chance against the snowmen.
Loser Vikes

Minneapolis, MN

#56 Dec 19, 2008

ah yes good times watching the look on the vikes fans as Gary Anderson missed that feild goal..... Priceless
40for60

Duluth, MN

#57 Dec 19, 2008
Loser Vikes wrote:
ah yes good times watching the look on the vikes fans as Gary Anderson missed that feild goal..... Priceless
The Vikings have won the games they have to this year, 1998 was a long time ago.
Living in the past? Must be a pucker fan.
Loser Vikes

Minneapolis, MN

#58 Dec 19, 2008
Packers have a rich and proud history can't say that about viqueens LOSERS!!!!!
bulldogdutch

United States

#59 Dec 20, 2008
Favre and the fudgepackers lost their last SB to Elway and the Broncos that was pricelessand will repeat itself 6 times in the coming years. Nostradamus
Lance706

Minneapolis, MN

#60 Dec 22, 2008
Now were are the people that said that the Falcons had no chance against the Vikes?

It is not over til it is over...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brian Robison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vikings rookie LB Barr making big impression Oct 28 Spieltard 3
Vikings' Brian Robison wonders if players 'chec... Oct '14 Ian 2
Demise of a defense: Heyday is over for Tampa 2 Sep '14 Josh McDaniels 1
Minnesota Vikings preview: Ranking the NFC Nort... Aug '14 Spielman 2
Vikings: Jared Allen, now with Bears, can't wai... (Apr '14) Apr '14 He Hate Me 8
Will the Minnesota Vikings' New Defensive Line ... (Apr '14) Apr '14 He Hate Me 1
Former Minnesota Vikings Teammate Says Jared Al... (Mar '14) Mar '14 He Hate Me 5

Brian Robison People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE