Minnesota Vikings QB Donovan McNabb S...

Minnesota Vikings QB Donovan McNabb Says He "Absolutely" Should Be Starting Over Christian Ponder

There are 27 comments on the National Football Authority story from Oct 30, 2011, titled Minnesota Vikings QB Donovan McNabb Says He "Absolutely" Should Be Starting Over Christian Ponder. In it, National Football Authority reports that:

By Kris Knox NFL Writer The playoffs appear to be little more than a pipe dream for the 1-6 Minnesota Vikings and with a rookie quarterback to evaluate, there should be no QB controversy in the Twin Cities.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at National Football Authority.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
paris

Menomonee Falls, WI

#1 Oct 31, 2011
Why is this a story?

“HHhhhoooowwwlll”

Since: Feb 08

Craigville

#2 Oct 31, 2011
paris wrote:
Why is this a story?
Why should you care? It's about the Vikings
eric

Arpin, WI

#3 Oct 31, 2011
40,Do you see McNabb being a cancer from here on out.Personally,i thought starting Ponder was not only the correct move,but,McNabb would be a good vet.to teach him the ropes.
Of course if he wasnt pissed hes on the bench,something is wrong since hes a pro athlete but still.Im thinking thats the last thing Minn needs is a vet. qb raising hell for being benched.( not saying he is or isnt but clearly hes not happy)
paris

Menomonee Falls, WI

#4 Oct 31, 2011
40for60 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should you care? It's about the Vikings

That's not nice .... I care about the Vikings.

Kinda.
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#5 Oct 31, 2011
Let McNabb start. The Vikings are pathetic with him under center
Porky

Greenville, TX

#6 Oct 31, 2011
Mcnabb was "a cancer" for every pro team he has been on! He fits in with where Favre was at the end of his carreer! As in should retire before you lose any chance of being remembered as a good player. McNabb hasn't produced wins like the Vikings had hope so there for they put him on the pine pony where your weaker players belong. as for being the guy to help a young player out that is questionable. he could help with reading the defense schemes but with most QB's you either have it or you dont!
Mcfarts

Cypress, TX

#7 Oct 31, 2011
eric wrote:
Do you see McNabb being a cancer from here on out.
Not at all...he proved he is washed up and Ponder is the better of the two...I'm sure he is on ignore...

“HHhhhoooowwwlll”

Since: Feb 08

Craigville

#8 Oct 31, 2011
eric wrote:
40,Do you see McNabb being a cancer from here on out.Personally,i thought starting Ponder was not only the correct move,but,McNabb would be a good vet.to teach him the ropes.
Of course if he wasnt pissed hes on the bench,something is wrong since hes a pro athlete but still.Im thinking thats the last thing Minn needs is a vet. qb raising hell for being benched.( not saying he is or isnt but clearly hes not happy)
Hey Eric,

McNabb loves to have fun on the sidelines from what I've seen, but if his attitude is a detriment now that he's destined to the pine, he needs the pink slip.
Ponder may learn more on his own than listening to Donovan crack jokes, but if he's willing to tutor the young lad, good for him. It's the least he can do for what Ziggy is paying him.

Look for the Vikings to put up some big numbers in Lambeau, you heard it here first, lol.
Kanfan

Wichita, KS

#9 Oct 31, 2011
I think McNabb should be a starting QB...For GB!!!
LOL

“FORUMS LONGEST POSTING MEMBER ”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#10 Oct 31, 2011
What did Favre say when green bay drafted a more talented QB than him? I dont like him I wont help him.

McNabb, Favre, Montana all said the same thing. It's their ego. What else do you guys expect?
Morefarts

Cypress, TX

#12 Oct 31, 2011
Expect nothing from McDivots the washed up cry baby...but I bet grounds crews for all outdoor stadiums on the Vikes schedule are happier now...
answerman

Neenah, WI

#13 Oct 31, 2011
I dunno... you put the best team out there you can. It's pretty obvious that the Vikings are a better team with Ponder than they are with McNabb. I think they made the right decision.
eric

Arpin, WI

#14 Nov 1, 2011
40for60 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Eric,
McNabb loves to have fun on the sidelines from what I've seen, but if his attitude is a detriment now that he's destined to the pine, he needs the pink slip.
Ponder may learn more on his own than listening to Donovan crack jokes, but if he's willing to tutor the young lad, good for him. It's the least he can do for what Ziggy is paying him.
Look for the Vikings to put up some big numbers in Lambeau, you heard it here first, lol.
Hey 40,Hope all is well, As long as the Packers numbers are larger where it counts,the score board,im fine with that!lol
Ponder is a smart kid and will have to learn a bit on his own for sure.THe one good thing,if McNabb is a cancer and gets his pink slip,the vikes have to replace him unless you want to carry 2 qb's ( assuming Webb is on your active roster)Point is another vet might be flexible enough to eat his ego and teach the kid the ropes.
eric

Arpin, WI

#15 Nov 1, 2011
but i do say the kid is or seems to be smart and will p/u alot of stuff on his own ( which is always a good thing).The money Minn is paying Mc. ( INO) it would be teach the kid or hes gone before the next game, and you cant force the issue ( forcing him to teach Ponder) so time for Mc. to be home with his wife and kids enjoying his family life.
Tony Hennerano

Miami, FL

#16 Nov 1, 2011
I thought the Vikes stretched taking Ponder that early. At FSU he was a smart player and had poise but didn't really exhibit having NFL-calibur arm strength. But so far, he's played above expectations.

McNutty is done. Guy was passing for like 2 feet per game.
Kanfan

Wichita, KS

#17 Nov 1, 2011
Tony Hennerano wrote:
I thought the Vikes stretched taking Ponder that early. At FSU he was a smart player and had poise but didn't really exhibit having NFL-calibur arm strength. But so far, he's played above expectations.
Playing with problems in his throwing arm, I can see where your observation was correct. However, while not throwing bullets, his ball is catchable and just fast enough. I'm hopeful that he gets even better, stronger. Right now, given our WRs who don't get much seperation, Ponder's accuracy is the deciding factor.
Mcfarts

Houston, TX

#18 Nov 1, 2011
Tony Hennerano wrote:
No, he was passing AT two feet every game....
Zigi Wilf

Brooksville, FL

#19 Nov 1, 2011
It's squarely on the shoulders of Coach Frazier to teach his players how and when to fart during games.
If the team can't win with talent then alternative means need to be used by outfarting your opponent.
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#20 Nov 1, 2011
Mcfarts wrote:
<quoted text>
No, he was passing AT two feet every game....
Now if he were aiming at the feet, some passes would hit the receivers in the hands
Newtons Lawfarts

Houston, TX

#21 Nov 1, 2011
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
<quoted text>Now if he were aiming at the feet, some passes would hit the receivers in the hands
Its all confusing...throw at the feet to hit the hands, throw to the left hash marks for an out route to the right...McDivotism

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brian Robison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vikings DE Danielle Hunter one of the 'Top 25 u... Feb '17 MeasurablePharts 9
News So how far behind are the Vikings at offensive ... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Fart news 2
News Vikings Excited About Develeopment Of DE Scott ... (May '15) Jun '15 Spielman 24
News Vikings rookie LB Barr making big impression (Oct '14) Oct '14 Spieltard 3
News Vikings' Brian Robison wonders if players 'chec... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Ian 2
News Demise of a defense: Heyday is over for Tampa 2 (Sep '14) Sep '14 Josh McDaniels 1
News Minnesota Vikings preview: Ranking the NFC Nort... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Spielman 2
More from around the web