Minnesota Vikings cornerback Marcus McCauley copes with big los...

Full story: TwinCities.com

Back in August, back when the Vikings spent their days in Mankato, cornerback Marcus McCauley didn't expect this.
Comments
1 - 8 of 8 Comments Last updated Nov 24, 2008
heetcpa

Orlando, FL

#1 Nov 21, 2008
Chilly's conversation to McCauley: "Well, ahhh, you see young man, at times we can all, ahhh, we all need to do certain things like that there out there, and if uncertainty comes into the ball playing field, well the coaches just feel that there's a certain point of uncertainty with that there, and ahhh, practicing to deal with that there uncertainty will certainly help your growth to distinguish some a that overall hesitation. At some point the overall evaluation of development and progress toward team goals and overall effectiveness and communication will certainly prepare us better as a team to become better, ahhhh, yeah, better. Do this better and we'll all become better. Now get out there and go play some more in the grass field!"

Since: Feb 08

Rochester, MN

#2 Nov 21, 2008
Face it, if he can't play well enough to beat out Griffin (who can't cover anyone) or Sapp (who can't catch INTs floating right into his hands), then McCauley must not have a future here. The Vikes need for a cover corner is only one of many --#1 QB, starting RT, depth at LB and O-line to name a few. Not to mention when our D-line gets wiped out by the Commish's office. How many draft picks do we need to address these?
Les Steckel

Hastings, MN

#3 Nov 21, 2008
Two things come to mind about this article. First why is it that players who do their job well never wonder aloud about being liked at a personal level. Second, the lack of leadership on the Vikings is blatantly obvious. The players don't even know where they stand on the depth chart. Its sad to see Adrian get up after a nice run and quickly look over to the sideline to see if he is coming out of the game. The only time Adrian should be out of the game is when he taps his own chest for a breather. We have a head coach who is an egomaniac with an inferiority complex. We have some great players who are desperate for some leadership. Wake up Zygi!!
Griz83

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Nov 21, 2008
The fact that Chiller continues to start Cedrick Griffin despite other teams almost always being virtually assured of a third down conversion by throwing at him, without giving McCauley even one shot in a game situation to see if if he could do any better (how could he do any worse?), goes a long way toward explaining how painfully mediocre the Vikings are with this head coach despite a wealth of talent that even Mike Tice would probably have at least at 7-3.

Oh, and whatever Chiller does, he wants neither to let Peterson get any momentum and rhythm going during a game, nor to have a receiver run past the first down marker on third down. And for God's sake, whatever you do, don't through it the endzone no matter what!
CA Vike

Fresno, CA

#5 Nov 21, 2008
What you guys don't realize is this kid McCauley has great potential (google his bio)...he is in Chilly's doghouse period and that is why he doesn't play! He played for Fresno St. and nobody threw his way...they got him in the third round why? Because they saw the tape on him...the freakin idiot coach has alienated another promising player by his freakin arrogance...I just want to punch Chilly in the face right now.

Let me get this straight...you got a player that played last year in all games...is ready to make to make the progression in the following year and doesn't sniff the field at all??? Way to teach players....play for us in a pinch and now sit the bench and please don't get disgruntled. No excuse because Griffin has completely sucked to not give the kid a chance. What he is not good enough...yeah that works for an excuse when you play cook all season....this guy is the worst talent evaluator of all time...Look what he did to MeMo...never played him...I thought that was insane considering every time he come in he made great plays...Tomlin probably laughed his ass off when he became available...also Tomlin probably couldn't wait to punch his ticket out of Minne working for this bafoon!!!!!!!!!!
CA Vike

Fresno, CA

#6 Nov 21, 2008
You don't cross Chilly (see numerous ex vikings) and you think that why McCauley doesn't play is because he is not good enough, not because he is in Chilly's doghouse?...Sapp is going to play with a concussion this week...he rather risk a head injury then swallow his pride...You think Favre, Chad Johnson, or any other outspoken player would see the field after one bad word against chilly...no one is above the team but chilly ofcourse...and sadly that is at the expense of wins period. FIRE CHILLY NOW...YEP I'M ON BOARD DAN THE MAN!
RED McCombs

United States

#7 Nov 21, 2008
Where did all that purple pride go? Oh wait thats not pride it's asphyxiation please stop choking this team!
JDC

Bakersfield, CA

#8 Nov 24, 2008
fire chilly!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brian Robison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Minnesota Vikings preview: Ranking the NFC Nort... Aug 26 Spielman 2
Vikings: Jared Allen, now with Bears, can't wai... Apr '14 He Hate Me 8
Will the Minnesota Vikings' New Defensive Line ... Apr '14 He Hate Me 1
Former Minnesota Vikings Teammate Says Jared Al... Mar '14 He Hate Me 5
Minnesota Vikings: 5 Free Agents the Team Shoul... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Purple Faithful 4
Minnesota Vikings: Why they have rebounded sinc... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
8 Moves the Minnesota Vikings Must Make This Of... (Dec '13) Dec '13 erie-vike fan 11
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Brian Robison People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••