Tightness sidelines Peterson

Tightness sidelines Peterson

There are 31 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Aug 3, 2010, titled Tightness sidelines Peterson. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Lost in the frenzy over Brett Favre's status with the Vikings was running back Adrian Peterson being held out of Tuesday afternoon's practice at Minnesota State Mankato because of "tightness" in his legs.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
JimisRite

Chippewa Falls, WI

#1 Aug 3, 2010
Rice, Griffin, Harvin and now Peterson .... Hey Brett .. sure ya wanna give it a try?
eric stratton

Rochester, MN

#2 Aug 4, 2010
He needs to hold onto the ball "tighter"!
purplenation 4-EVER

Albertville, MN

#3 Aug 4, 2010
Ominous sign?? It doesn't really sound like it's too serious.What a shocker that the media is trying to make something out of nothing!! Our boys will be fine!!! Let's go VIKES!!!
Chuck

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Aug 4, 2010
Get a clue. He's sitting out because Ziggy Wilf is being too tight with his new contract.
sorb

Minneapolis, MN

#5 Aug 4, 2010
Five weeks and one day before the first game and tightness in a running back's leg is "ominous"?
zingbopper

Alma Center, WI

#6 Aug 4, 2010
Give him a watermelon and get the hell out of the way.
Yo Adrian!!!!!!!
Tedley

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Aug 4, 2010
When you have to use quotation marks around the issue, it's worthy of a note in a column. Not an "ominous" headline.

Peterson is experiencing a torn hamstring.

Peterson is experiencing "tightness".
conservative observations

Saint Paul, MN

#8 Aug 4, 2010
No problem. The problem is when he experience tightness in his fingers and/or neck and fumbles the ball in critical situations. Peterson has been recently quoted as saying that his fumbling is all mental so it will be interesting to see if he has overcome that mental stuff or if he continues to fumble. My guess is that he will continue to fumble at critical times during important games and always will.
Da Bears 2010

Warrenville, IL

#10 Aug 4, 2010
Oh-no when will the madness end?? Brett yes, no, hell-I-dont know Favreloopa and now this, just another soap opera. This is the team that's going to the Super Bowl?????? LOL!!!
Pack fan

Thorp, WI

#11 Aug 4, 2010
Tightness in the legs and looseness in the hands. Sounds like AP's last season with the Vikes. Ha!
Paris

Milwaukee, WI

#12 Aug 4, 2010
conservative observations wrote:
No problem. The problem is when he experience tightness in his fingers and/or neck and fumbles the ball in critical situations. Peterson has been recently quoted as saying that his fumbling is all mental so it will be interesting to see if he has overcome that mental stuff or if he continues to fumble. My guess is that he will continue to fumble at critical times during important games and always will.

You pick it:

No Peterson at all or a Peterson that fumbles. P-s-s-s-t: I'd take the fumbler.

Imagine a Favre team with no Peterson. Imagine a no-Favre team with Peterson.

Get ready folks: Imagine a no-Favre team with no Peterson. Yikes Vikes!!!
trolls

Hugo, MN

#13 Aug 4, 2010
Packer fans, I have a question for you. Which is greater, your love for the Packers, or, your hatred for the Vikings/Favre. Cause lately it sure seems like you hate the Vikes/Favre more than you love the Pack. I guess harboring 2 years of bitterness will do that to you.

Since: Jan 10

Cleveland, OH

#14 Aug 4, 2010
Why should Peterson practice..... The Diva doesnt even show up for camp
Adrian Penusbrain

Littleton, CO

#15 Aug 4, 2010
ranks666 wrote:
Why should Peterson practice..... The Diva doesnt even show up for camp
Its not easy to fumble convincingly, it takes a lot of work
BTB

Saint Paul, MN

#16 Aug 4, 2010
Lost in the frenzy over Brett Favre's status with the Vikings was running back Adrian Peterson being held out of Tuesday afternoon's practice at Minnesota State Mankato because of "fumbleitis."

There, fixed.
Paris

Milwaukee, WI

#17 Aug 4, 2010
trolls wrote:
Packer fans, I have a question for you. Which is greater, your love for the Packers, or, your hatred for the Vikings/Favre. Cause lately it sure seems like you hate the Vikes/Favre more than you love the Pack. I guess harboring 2 years of bitterness will do that to you.

What's to be bitter about???
Chuck

Saint Paul, MN

#18 Aug 4, 2010
Paris wrote:
<quoted text>
What's to be bitter about???
He must be talking about all those Super Bowl Championships...oh wait, the Viqueens have a grand total of zero Super Bowl Championships.
Chad

Minneapolis, MN

#19 Aug 4, 2010
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
He must be talking about all those Super Bowl Championships...oh wait, the Viqueens have a grand total of zero Super Bowl Championships.
The exact same number as Aaron Rodgers.
Walter

Eden Prairie, MN

#20 Aug 4, 2010
It IS news when one of the top two premier running backs in football is hobbled with a nagging and mysterious leg injury that has caused him to miss several practices at the start of camp. Especially with Chester Taylor gone.

Ominous is an apt adjective.

Just because Vike fans don't want to hear bad news doesn't make bad news something less than news.
Walter

Eden Prairie, MN

#21 Aug 4, 2010
trolls wrote:
We just enjoy observing the whole Favre production from afar: Dramatic holdouts and bonheaded picks to end playoff runs and break fan hearts.

The Vikes were, pure and simple, a better team than the Pack the first two times they played. 14 sacks vs. 0 was the telling difference. But remember, absent two Hail Mary passes to win/lose games (Vikes vs. Niners, Stelers vs. Pack) and a blown game winning FG (Balt) the Packers could have finished 12-4 and the Vikes 10-6.

Bitterness? Nah. Nothing but optimism and contentment in Packer land. Things seem a little ... tight ... down in Mankato though.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brian Robison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News So how far behind are the Vikings at offensive ... Jan '16 Fart news 2
News Vikings Excited About Develeopment Of DE Scott ... (May '15) Jun '15 Spielman 24
News Vikings rookie LB Barr making big impression (Oct '14) Oct '14 Spieltard 3
News Vikings' Brian Robison wonders if players 'chec... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Ian 2
News Demise of a defense: Heyday is over for Tampa 2 (Sep '14) Sep '14 Josh McDaniels 1
News Minnesota Vikings preview: Ranking the NFC Nort... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Spielman 2
News Vikings: Jared Allen, now with Bears, can't wai... (Apr '14) Apr '14 He Hate Me 8
More from around the web