Tom Powers: Minnesota Vikings enter p...

Tom Powers: Minnesota Vikings enter playoffs through front door

There are 66 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Dec 28, 2008, titled Tom Powers: Minnesota Vikings enter playoffs through front door. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

The Vikings didn't back in, stagger in or crawl up through the sewer pipe. Instead, they are NFC North champions and playoff-bound as a result of beating the defending Super Bowl champion New York Giants 20-19 ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
35 Year Fan

Ankeny, IA

#70 Dec 29, 2008
andy g wrote:
<quoted text> How many double teams and three step drops did the Giants use to negate Jerod Allen? I was more alarmed with how easy the Giants were able to run against the Vikes..that has to stop..Fat Pat being back will clog one of McNabs escape hatches though.
If ... and that is a BIG IF... Pat is back.
35 Year Fan

Ankeny, IA

#71 Dec 29, 2008
Whatever wrote:
WOW!
If it weren't for the 3 optimistic posters on here, it would be senseless to even comment on this board.
I'm going to stroll of subject a bit because, well, its pointless to get into an argument with a bunch of know-it-all, know nothings.
Many don't want to give Jackson time to fully develop because we "have to win now". No, we actually don't. Yes, we have a number of veterans that are nearing their ends, such as; Sharper, P.Williams, Winfield, Birk, and Hutch. But, this is actually a very young football team that is going to be around for awhile. I mean, most of our skill players are still very young. Berrian, Allen, Henderson, Leber, McKinnie, Big Kev, are all between 26 and 29. Everybody else is younger than that. This team has plenty of time to grow.
Now as far as PHI @ MIN goes, their is one key to winning this game. Yes, of course we are going to need solid D and a positive TO margin. But that is every team, every game. No, the key is not a heavy dose of AP. Its not TJ throwing for 300 and 4.
Its #29. If they can use Chester Taylor the way Philly uses Westbrook, we can beat a lot of the blitzes they throw at TJ. The Vikings have not used the screen to their advantage much at all this year. It would be a the perfect time to just feed it to this aggressive defense all day until they backed off.
I think our CBs can mug their WRs. We need pressure, a safety net around Westbrook, and Sharper on Celek. Celek is their secret weapon. No predictions here. I just want a win. I have a gut feeling its going to be another nail biter.
Good post. I couldn't agree more. I also agree with the childish back-and-forth immature criticisms on this web - but that is freedom of speech.

Go Vikings - 2008
Every year is a new year!
Jerami

Jordan, MN

#72 Dec 30, 2008
35 Year Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
What an abstract comment. I've been a fan for 35 years and haven't read such an inexperienced post. What does "paycheck to paycheck" have to do with anything? Are you sober?
It has to do with the attitude of our so called Viking fans...i mean seriously how great of a fan base do we have? 20K tickets left for a playoff game? Seriously? And my post is incorrect? Its pathetic...now look we have some great fans here in Minnesota we really do...but how do you explain 20K empty seats?

Its no wonder people are getting on my case about being sick and tired of these fans questioning every move our Vikings team does and booing them constantly...now thats support right? Try supporting the Vikings for once.
sic of losin

Savage, MN

#73 Dec 30, 2008
Funny, we make the play offs and now the game will be blacked out cause they can't sell the tickets. Hey L.A., Minnesota doesn't have any fans left to cheer on division winner. Ya want a team????

Since: Jul 08

West Chester PA

#74 Dec 30, 2008
Jerami wrote:
<quoted text>
It has to do with the attitude of our so called Viking fans...i mean seriously how great of a fan base do we have? 20K tickets left for a playoff game? Seriously? And my post is incorrect? Its pathetic...now look we have some great fans here in Minnesota we really do...but how do you explain 20K empty seats?
Its no wonder people are getting on my case about being sick and tired of these fans questioning every move our Vikings team does and booing them constantly...now thats support right? Try supporting the Vikings for once.
That is sad. Too bad Minn is so far from Philly you could have alot of our South Philly drunks there.
andy g

Roswell, GA

#75 Dec 30, 2008
sic of losin wrote:
Funny, we make the play offs and now the game will be blacked out cause they can't sell the tickets. Hey L.A., Minnesota doesn't have any fans left to cheer on division winner. Ya want a team????
nah...they had a couple of teams out there and lost them to St Louis and Oakland...besides when you have the Trojans year in and year out, you have a winning pro organization already..who doesn't demand a new ball yard and luxury seats..plus the Bruins...add in some of the best prep football in the country and really who needs a NFL team and their demands..economic climate out there is worse than in Minny where pro teams are concerned.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brian Robison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vikings Excited About Develeopment Of DE Scott ... Jun '15 Spielman 24
News Vikings rookie LB Barr making big impression (Oct '14) Oct '14 Spieltard 3
News Vikings' Brian Robison wonders if players 'chec... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Ian 2
News Demise of a defense: Heyday is over for Tampa 2 (Sep '14) Sep '14 Josh McDaniels 1
News Minnesota Vikings preview: Ranking the NFC Nort... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Spielman 2
News Vikings: Jared Allen, now with Bears, can't wai... (Apr '14) Apr '14 He Hate Me 8
News Will the Minnesota Vikings' New Defensive Line ... (Apr '14) Apr '14 He Hate Me 1
More from around the web