Tom Powers: Minnesota Vikings enter p...

Tom Powers: Minnesota Vikings enter playoffs through front door

There are 66 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Dec 28, 2008, titled Tom Powers: Minnesota Vikings enter playoffs through front door. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

The Vikings didn't back in, stagger in or crawl up through the sewer pipe. Instead, they are NFC North champions and playoff-bound as a result of beating the defending Super Bowl champion New York Giants 20-19 ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
sic of losing

Savage, MN

#2 Dec 29, 2008
Wow, we beat em by one point playin against their second string quarterback. Tell me again, what are we proud of?
Fobe

Fargo, ND

#3 Dec 29, 2008
In all fairness, our starting lineup outplayed their starting lineup during the first half. It wasn't until their backups started trickling in that the game changed a bit and things slowed down for us.

It wasn't a pretty win, but there were some positives. The fact that the team was was able to come back from a 9 point deficit late in the game is not a typical characteristic of this team. T-Jack was able to come back and play well after his INT. Even though clock management was poor at on the last drive, they were able to drive down and kick the game winning field goal.

This team still has a ton of growing to do, but there are definitely measurable improvements that were on display during the victory over the Giants.
Jerami

Jordan, MN

#4 Dec 29, 2008
My god Im ashamed to be a Vikings fan...no wait...all you naysayers shouldn't be fans...you won't win so you my as well quit...you guys are bunch of morons...MORONS. Will we lose? Sure theres a good chance of losing...who the f cares...but why do we fall? So we can get back up...but you geniuses are scared of falling...and thats why you idiots are living paycheck to paycheck...your scared to fail.
Don in Venice

Englewood, FL

#5 Dec 29, 2008
Jerami wrote:
My god Im ashamed to be a Vikings fan...no wait...all you naysayers shouldn't be fans...you won't win so you my as well quit...you guys are bunch of morons...MORONS. Will we lose? Sure theres a good chance of losing...who the f cares...but why do we fall? So we can get back up...but you geniuses are scared of falling...and thats why you idiots are living paycheck to paycheck...your scared to fail.
Now there is a post to be proud of. You brain dead jerk!!!!!!
andy g

Roswell, GA

#6 Dec 29, 2008
Jerami wrote:
What is your point, aside from the one on your head.....?
Mad Dog Gus

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Dec 29, 2008
sic of losing wrote:
Wow, we beat em by one point playin against their second string quarterback. Tell me again, what are we proud of?
Geez.......I thought you were "sic of losing"...

Why do we need to be proud of a pro team???? As a fan, I prefer the Vikings to win, but if they don't, I appreciate that the effort to win has been there.

The character of this team doesn't pack it in....the playoff game with the Eagles will be a dandy!
Wendell Glick

Minneapolis, MN

#8 Dec 29, 2008
Jerami wrote:
Apparently, for Jerami, English is a second language.
Jerami

Jordan, MN

#9 Dec 29, 2008
Don in Venice wrote:
<quoted text> Now there is a post to be proud of. You brain dead jerk!!!!!!
Brain dead? How so punk? Because the typical Viking fans that post on these boards are fricken morons? Because you geniuses think you can coach a team better? Or you think the Vikings should outright quit because why? I have no idea?

Im seeing posts all around the pioneer press with a group of idiots that come on here and piss and moan and say you just wait until next week...they will lose...eventually yep they will lose and then they come clamoring about how they knew it? No you are a fricken moron. You morons stated they couldn't beat the Giants scrubs...they did..then you come here and say you only beat their scrubs...you say the Bears would win the divison...you say the Vikings couldn't make the playoffs with Tavaris Jackson as the QB and Chilldress as the coach...but what do they do? They win the division...

Now you have the geniuses coming out and saying we won't beat Philly...and maybe we wont...I dont know but Im going to rout my team on and not piss and moan about clock management...and I won't be the fan who pisses and moans when they sit on the ball in the final minute of a half saying why didn't they try and get more points...then piss and moan about them trying to get the extra points...or moaning about the Vikigns not going for a 1st down on a 4th and 1 and then a next time questioning why they don't go for it on 4th and 1...you know it alls are idiots...its that simple.
Jerami

Jordan, MN

#10 Dec 29, 2008
Wendell Glick wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently, for Jerami, English is a second language.
Got anything else besides critiquing my grammar?
yoeagles

Kishiwada, Japan

#11 Dec 29, 2008
Vikings schedule is too easy and they could barely beat the Giants second stringers. Vikes need to face reality, they are in a weak division and are lucky to be in the playoffs. They will lose this one 31-10, won't be close!
Jerami

Jordan, MN

#12 Dec 29, 2008
yoeagles wrote:
Vikings schedule is too easy and they could barely beat the Giants second stringers. Vikes need to face reality, they are in a weak division and are lucky to be in the playoffs. They will lose this one 31-10, won't be close!
The Vikings had the 4th most difficult schedule this year...what else do you got?
Jerami

Jordan, MN

#13 Dec 29, 2008
sorry 5th most difficult schedule this year
Archangel

Saint Cloud, MN

#14 Dec 29, 2008
sic of losing wrote:
They beat their starters by one point too. 10-9. Sorry. That's just the way it is. Adds to the drama.
Archangel

Saint Cloud, MN

#15 Dec 29, 2008
In fact, "sic of being a loser", what game did you watch? The Giants were unable to score a TD with their "first stringers". Gripe about the REAL $h!t that went down: The play-calling was predictable. Clock management su**ed *$$. Some players seemed like they started to slough-off a bit when confronted with 2nd stringers.(probably because they game-planned against the starters. Every player's "style" is different.)
Dicky

Saint Paul, MN

#16 Dec 29, 2008
yoeagles wrote:
Let's see, the out of division schedule included the playoff teams of Indy, Carolina, Tennessee, Arizona, Atlanta, and NY Giants, a 9-7 Tampa team, 8-8 Houston and New Orleans, and a crappy Jacksonville team. That doesn't seem like an easy schedule to me.
Wendell Glick

Minneapolis, MN

#17 Dec 29, 2008
Jerami wrote:
<quoted text>
Got anything else besides critiquing my grammar?
Do I HAVE anything else? Actually, your lack of writing skills is a reflection of your general knowledge....that is why I pointed it out.

The fact is that your content is negative and senseless. What else do you HAVE?
Taxing the over taxed

Minneapolis, MN

#19 Dec 29, 2008
sic of losing wrote:
Against the Giants starters in the first half we went into the locker room with a one point lead. I think we can be proud of that.
Taxing the over taxed

Minneapolis, MN

#20 Dec 29, 2008
Fobe wrote:
In all fairness, our starting lineup outplayed their starting lineup during the first half. It wasn't until their backups started trickling in that the game changed a bit and things slowed down for us.
It wasn't a pretty win, but there were some positives. The fact that the team was was able to come back from a 9 point deficit late in the game is not a typical characteristic of this team. T-Jack was able to come back and play well after his INT. Even though clock management was poor at on the last drive, they were able to drive down and kick the game winning field goal.
This team still has a ton of growing to do, but there are definitely measurable improvements that were on display during the victory over the Giants.
The last drive clock management was terrible but I think the coaching staff was trying to decide what to do. The Chicago game was over, we'd won the division, we're the third seed, now do we play for the win or be happy with what we have.
Taxing the over taxed

Minneapolis, MN

#21 Dec 29, 2008
Jerami wrote:
What the H*LL are you talking about?
Johnny Utah

River Edge, NJ

#22 Dec 29, 2008
Easy Schedule? I hope your joking. I'm happy that we won the division, it feels really good and is long over due. But the fact is if we don't play better (stop the run better) than we did this week, we aren't going to beat Philly next week.

We didn't play well and found a way to win, but at the end it didn't feel all that great. The time management at the end was sloppy and running a QB draw on 4th & 1 was retarded. We have the best running back in the league, give him the ball. I personally would have punted in that situation, leading 10-6 with barely any time on the clock. If we punted then, most likely go into the locker room at halftime 10-6 and in all likelihood don't need that FG at the buzzer to win. But then again, thats why I do logistics, and Childress has the big contract.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brian Robison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vikings Excited About Develeopment Of DE Scott ... Jun '15 Spielman 24
News Vikings rookie LB Barr making big impression (Oct '14) Oct '14 Spieltard 3
News Vikings' Brian Robison wonders if players 'chec... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Ian 2
News Demise of a defense: Heyday is over for Tampa 2 (Sep '14) Sep '14 Josh McDaniels 1
News Minnesota Vikings preview: Ranking the NFC Nort... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Spielman 2
News Vikings: Jared Allen, now with Bears, can't wai... (Apr '14) Apr '14 He Hate Me 8
News Will the Minnesota Vikings' New Defensive Line ... (Apr '14) Apr '14 He Hate Me 1
More from around the web