Minnesota Vikings replay: QB battle

Minnesota Vikings replay: QB battle

There are 29 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Aug 10, 2009, titled Minnesota Vikings replay: QB battle. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Quarterback Tarvaris Jackson during Vikings training camp in Mankato, Minn., on Saturday, August 1, 2009.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Dieter

United States

#1 Aug 11, 2009
We need B Robison to get well soon, I got the feeling he will outplay Ray.
Favre or Bust

Duluth, MN

#2 Aug 11, 2009
Yawn... call me when Favre signs - this team goes nowhere without him.
GHT

Portland, OR

#3 Aug 11, 2009
I am sure, knowing Favre, he's had a change of heart just in the last 2 weeks when he said he wasn't interested. He'll be in Viking Purple by opening day, I am sure.
DAVE

Springfield, IL

#4 Aug 11, 2009
GHT wrote:
I am sure, knowing Favre, he's had a change of heart just in the last 2 weeks when he said he wasn't interested. He'll be in Viking Purple by opening day, I am sure.
I am so afraid you are right. Just makes me want to Vomit!!
ex-hp

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Aug 11, 2009
GHT wrote:
The only purple Favre will be wearing anytime soon is maybe a golf shirt or a t-shirt..he's retired folks, enough of this tired story.
GHT

Portland, OR

#6 Aug 11, 2009
ex-hp wrote:
<quoted text>The only purple Favre will be wearing anytime soon is maybe a golf shirt or a t-shirt..he's retired folks, enough of this tired story.
we shall see. He's been known to change his mind a few times in the past. Up until 2 weeks ago even YOU were counting on him to be the Viking saviour

Since: Jun 08

Pine Island, MN

#7 Aug 11, 2009
"Fullback Naufahu Tahi (right) sprained his left ankle after Pat Williams landed on it. Tahi had his ankle taped and returned to the field."

I'm surprised his foot didn't fall off after that. Is it still 3-dimensional?
Sage Rosensaviour

Houston, TX

#8 Aug 11, 2009
It hurts my feelings that fans still dream of Favre. He wont be joining us, get over it, and TJack and I will suck even more now knowing we are not wanted. Hope you are happy.
ex-hp

Saint Paul, MN

#9 Aug 11, 2009
GHT wrote:
<quoted text>we shall see. He's been known to change his mind a few times in the past. Up until 2 weeks ago even YOU were counting on him to be the Viking saviour
no..I never jumped on the bandwagon..I was hoping for Cutler
Captain Stoob

Omaha, NE

#10 Aug 11, 2009
Why the hell do they have Rice returning kicks anyway? Don't we have enough options back there to do that job well? Rice doesn't even seem like a fit for that with his skill set. And we don't want our only tall receiver to get hurt on special teams.
GHT

Portland, OR

#11 Aug 11, 2009
ex-hp wrote:
<quoted text>no..I never jumped on the bandwagon..I was hoping for Cutler
the Cutler issue was resolved back in March. The Favre issue would have been after that.
JMR

Ada, MN

#12 Aug 11, 2009
Favre is not going to be a viking people! He burned his bridges (Thank God on that one, was worried I might have to become a packer fan twice this year as in them kicking our buts with old man burn out at QB) in Minnesota. We have our starter in Tarvaris and our backups in Sage and JDB! Life is good!
ex-hp

Saint Paul, MN

#13 Aug 11, 2009
GHT wrote:
<quoted text>the Cutler issue was resolved back in March. The Favre issue would have been after that.
Sorry, was never on the Favre lovefest..
DD Austin

Jackson, MS

#14 Aug 11, 2009
What's the Rice kids IQ? Just a thought.
Sage Rosenfolds

Houston, TX

#15 Aug 11, 2009
It's zero. Rice have no brains.

I have helicopter maneuvers
DAVE

Springfield, IL

#16 Aug 11, 2009
Sage Rosenfolds wrote:
You are a JackAss!!
DAVE

Springfield, IL

#17 Aug 11, 2009
Sage Rosenfolds wrote:
Let me try again. You are a JackA s s
Sage Rosenbung

Houston, TX

#18 Aug 11, 2009
I know! That is why I cant figure out why the Vikings would trade a 4th round draft pick for me!

It has to be helicopter maneuvers.

www.youtube.com/watch...
Riggs

Saint Paul, MN

#19 Aug 11, 2009
I wanted Farve as Vike, then he pulled a dick move, with his full knowing of how bad our QB situation he dangled the carrot to us fans until the last second then classlessly pussied out. Now, as in the days when he was a Packer - he can eat a doo-doo pie. So he declares with nobility, "Sorry lads, my arm isn't 100%." Well no sh*t dumb*ss you had arm surgery a scant eight weeks ago; you should have addressed that medical need as soon as you were told that after the end of last season. Maybe its me but I would think most human beings take care of *TORN MUSCLE FIBERS DANGLING IN THE F***ING ARM* whether you're an athlete or a regular joe. Farve's a dumb jock, and he's welcome to chill in his swamp in Louisiana like Shrek, and stay there. And yes, Tarvaris Jackson will continue to throw behind, too high and too short of his targets as always and forever that is his M.O., but at least* Tar-Var wants to play football - not screw around with a city who's starving for some form of sports championship sometime before the end of the world.

“ALL IN AGAIN!!!”

Since: Jun 09

St.John's, Newfoundland

#20 Aug 11, 2009
Sage Rosenfolds wrote:
...good...go out on a few...with a little luck...you'll crash!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brian Robison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vikings rookie LB Barr making big impression (Oct '14) Oct '14 Spieltard 3
News Vikings' Brian Robison wonders if players 'chec... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Ian 2
News Demise of a defense: Heyday is over for Tampa 2 (Sep '14) Sep '14 Josh McDaniels 1
News Minnesota Vikings preview: Ranking the NFC Nort... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Spielman 2
News Vikings: Jared Allen, now with Bears, can't wai... (Apr '14) Apr '14 He Hate Me 8
News Will the Minnesota Vikings' New Defensive Line ... (Apr '14) Apr '14 He Hate Me 1
News Former Minnesota Vikings Teammate Says Jared Al... (Mar '14) Mar '14 He Hate Me 5
More from around the web