Longhorns, Buckeyes ready for Fiesta Bowl

Jan 5, 2009 Full story: www.magicvalley.com 139

GLENDALE, Ariz. - Texas coach Mack Brown has a theory about bowl games. "If the teams are fairly even, the team that wants to be there the most and has the edge and is more motivated usually wins," Brown said.

Full Story
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

“DEC 7 1941”

Since: Dec 06

AWAYS A BUCKEYE!!!

#128 Jan 8, 2009
-Kay- wrote:
<quoted text>
Get over it.. Texas whooped the Bucks! hahahahahahahaha
That was a last minute bitch slap if I ever did see one... HA!
You can take the girl out of Texas, but you can't take the Texan out of the girl.
Texas played some damn good football this year.. mediocre, pfff!
and what do you mean Tennessee doesn't play football anymore? since when?
This site was featured as one of the top three stores of the day Tuesday morning on Topix.. I didn't go looking for it you idiot/sore loser! it was just there... you're pretty "danged ignorant" change your name to "You don't know Jack"
Kay, Texas didn't whoop the buckeyes, Texas won the game barely..Texas was avg 44 pts a game, had negative rushing yards, a lost is a lost, but it wasn't the blow-out everyone in the nation was perdicting...once again congrats to Texas and all the Longhorn nation...hope we meet again soon!

“Pure as the driven snow ”

Since: Dec 08

Here, there and everywhere

#129 Jan 8, 2009
Truebuckeyefan wrote:
<quoted text>Kay, Texas didn't whoop the buckeyes, Texas won the game barely..Texas was avg 44 pts a game, had negative rushing yards, a lost is a lost, but it wasn't the blow-out everyone in the nation was perdicting...once again congrats to Texas and all the Longhorn nation...hope we meet again soon!
(insert Yellow flag)

I know..... I just had to give him a hard time because he felt the need to bash me... so I had a little fun with him. I know that was un-sportsmen's like behavior of me. You can bench me.:)

Watching Sooners/Gators tonight?

Go Sooners!(have to stay within my conference)

“DEC 7 1941”

AWAYS A BUCKEYE!!!

#130 Jan 8, 2009
-Kay- wrote:
<quoted text>
(insert Yellow flag)
I know..... I just had to give him a hard time because he felt the need to bash me... so I had a little fun with him. I know that was un-sportsmen's like behavior of me. You can bench me.:)
I sure am, I love cfb and now I'll have to restort to x-box 360 until August....:( you are alright with me Kay, I can tell you are a true fan, I can be unsportman like as well, that cause we love our teams....Take care my friend!

“DEC 7 1941”

AWAYS A BUCKEYE!!!

#131 Jan 8, 2009
Truebuckeyefan wrote:
<quoted text>Kay, Texas didn't whoop the buckeyes, Texas won the game barely..Texas was avg 44 pts a game, had negative rushing yards, a lost is a lost, but it wasn't the blow-out everyone in the nation was perdicting...once again congrats to Texas and all the Longhorn nation...hope we meet again soon!
Thanks for all the negative votes people!!! Have a great day!!!!

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#132 Jan 8, 2009
OU FAN wrote:
Well everyone. What a bowl season. Let me start by saying that Texas, thanks for 1 bad defensive call by not running the nickle or you would have been the laughing stock of the sooner nation. But, like I always say, a win is a win. You are definatley over rated for sure. Ohio St. defense man handled Colt Mc Coy, and I mean MAN HANDLED.
Ohio St. can hold their head up because win or lose every year, one thing is for sure, your still getting to the games somehow. And what about that Freshman QB. How impressive was that.
You all better hang on to him. He controlled the game like a senior.
Again, thanks for the kind words. Ohio State gets no respect no matter what. We are in the top 5 of the most winning CFB programs. Seven Hiesman winners, only school to have won it two yrs in a row. Tress has had a 10+ win season almost every year since he has been here. So big deal we lost two NC. From 1998-99, 2000, Fla St played and only won once. I like the 'Noles, just stating facts. OU has played 2000, 03, 04 and only won once too. Again, I like the Sooners, only stating facts. But you don't hear anyone saying that they should be banned by the BCS to play in bowl games. But then I consider the source, that sicko vamp, and then it doesn't really mean anything. Anyway. Sorry for the ramble. I really hope that OU is the next NC. Good like tonight. Go Sooners, Go Bucks!!!!

“Pete”

Since: Jan 09

Houston, TX

#133 Jan 8, 2009
BUCKEYE AND NOLE wrote:
<quoted text>
You think this game will be as good as the Fiesta Bowl.
i am hoping... but its actually alot more to live up to than i thought before i saw the fiesta bowl

“Pete”

Houston, TX

#134 Jan 8, 2009
Utah played 7 teams with losing records. USC played 6.
Texas, Oklahoma, and Florida played week in and week out against quality opponents in challenging games and not all of those games were close. Pay attention to the teams YOU think are good teams. No split title unless it involves Texas, and it won’t.
USC lost to Oregon State (9-4), 27-21.(UF lost to Ole Miss, 30-31)
They beat Virginia (5-7), Ohio St (10-3), Oregon (10-3), Arizona (8-5), Arizona St (5-7), UW (0-12), Wash St (2-11), Cal (9-4), ND (7-6), Stanford (5-7), and UCLA (4-8).
Quality opponents: Ohio St, Oregon, Arizona, Cal…(3)
Utah beat Michigan (3-9), UNLV (5-7), Utah St (3-9), AF (8-5), Weber St (10-4), Oregon St (9-4), Wyoming (4-8), Colorado St (7-6), New Mexico (4-8), TCU (11-2), San Diego St (2-10), BYU (10-3), and Alabama (12-2).
Quality opponents: Oregon St, TCU, BYU, Alabama…(4)
Florida beat Hawaii (7-7), Tennessee (5-7), Arkansas (5-7), and Citadel (4-8)
ONLY 3 LOSING RECORDS, one 7-7. Lost to 9-4 Ole Miss
Quality opponents: Georgia, Vanderbilt, So Carolina, Florida St, Alabama (5)
OU beat Chattanooga (1-11), UW (0-12), Baylor (4-8), Kansas St (5-7), A&M (4-8)
FIVE LOSING RECORDS. Lost to 12-1 Texas
Quality opponents: Cincinnati, TCU, Kansas, Nebraska, Tech, Missouri (6)
UT beat UTEP, Arkansas (5-7), Colorado (5-7), Baylor (4-8), A&M (4-8)
FIVE LOSING RECORDS, Lost to Tech (11-2)
Quality opponents: Rice, Missouri, Oklahoma, Ok St, Kansas, Ohio St (7)
BUCKEYE AND NOLE

Bellefonte, PA

#135 Jan 8, 2009
Krypto Red wrote:
<quoted text>
i am hoping... but its actually alot more to live up to than i thought before i saw the fiesta bowl
Stoops has got to seal this win. Hey, at least Meyer and Stoops are both Ohio natives...LOL!!!
The Old Coach

Spring, TX

#136 Jan 8, 2009
OU FAN wrote:
Well everyone. What a bowl season. Let me start by saying that Texas, thanks for 1 bad defensive call by not running the nickle or you would have been the laughing stock of the sooner nation. But, like I always say, a win is a win. You are definatley over rated for sure. Ohio St. defense man handled Colt Mc Coy, and I mean MAN HANDLED.
Ohio St. can hold their head up because win or lose every year, one thing is for sure, your still getting to the games somehow. And what about that Freshman QB. How impressive was that.
You don't like us, do you California? Rest assured, the feeling is mutual! When you win, you strut around like an male turkey. When you lose, the other team cheated. Get a life!
BUCKEYE AND NOLE

Bellefonte, PA

#137 Jan 8, 2009
OSUMOM wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, thanks for the kind words. Ohio State gets no respect no matter what. We are in the top 5 of the most winning CFB programs. Seven Hiesman winners, only school to have won it two yrs in a row. Tress has had a 10+ win season almost every year since he has been here. So big deal we lost two NC. From 1998-99, 2000, Fla St played and only won once. I like the 'Noles, just stating facts. OU has played 2000, 03, 04 and only won once too. Again, I like the Sooners, only stating facts. But you don't hear anyone saying that they should be banned by the BCS to play in bowl games. But then I consider the source, that sicko vamp, and then it doesn't really mean anything. Anyway. Sorry for the ramble. I really hope that OU is the next NC. Good like tonight. Go Sooners, Go Bucks!!!!
Hey Mom I bet the only reason you like the Noles is because of me...LOL!!! Sorry but I'm already taken...LOL!!! Jk I'll have to agree with you though because we don't get any respect at all. And we are not that bad of fans as most people think we are and even the school isn't that bad either. We have very, very good guys on the team. Especially J. Laurinitis who is always rocking the scriptures painted beneath his eyes. We won't receive our props for almost knocking of the Horns in the Fiesta Bowl but thats okay. I forgive them...LOL!!!
BUCKEYE AND NOLE

Bellefonte, PA

#138 Jan 8, 2009
OU FAN wrote:
Thanks for the encouragement.

“DEC 7 1941”

AWAYS A BUCKEYE!!!

#139 Jan 8, 2009
You will be missed Beanie, looking forward to seeing you play in the NFL! God bless you and keep you and all of our seniors!!!! We will sure have at least 3 to 4 first round picks...thanks for all you did...best of everything to you and your families
bghjhhjguokihuik hjkh

United States

#140 Jan 8, 2009
hook em' horns memerance of vince young texas should be in the national championship instead of suklahoma booners
hook em horns

United States

#141 Jan 8, 2009
OU FAN wrote:
texas won head to head
b**ch
Bubba Buck

Ocala, FL

#142 Jan 8, 2009
Man-USC would TROUNCE Oklahoma OR Florida ! Perhaps the BCS did miss the boat by not having florida or Texas vs. USC. If Texas is number 1 this year then we are #2........right !
The Old Coach

Spring, TX

#143 Jan 8, 2009
Bubba Buck wrote:
Man-USC would TROUNCE Oklahoma OR Florida ! Perhaps the BCS did miss the boat by not having florida or Texas vs. USC. If Texas is number 1 this year then we are #2........right !
Junior colleges have a playoff.
Division II has a playoff.
But money talks, BS walks in Div. I
BUCKEYE AND NOLE

Bellefonte, PA

#144 Jan 8, 2009
Holy moley I can't believe OU might lose yet again. And then hataz wanna complain about my Bucks and say ban them from BCS bowl games. Get a clue.
hook em hoorns

United States

#145 Jan 9, 2009
-Kay- wrote:
<quoted text>
(insert Yellow flag)
kay that is treachery never go against devo esspecilly agianst a rival team in a diffrent bowl and the worst is its oklahoma our sworn enemy you bleed burnt orange and white not red and white

“Pete”

Houston, TX

#146 Jan 9, 2009
Oklahoma lost both their games by 10
Texas vs Florida anyone?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brian Orakpo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Washington Redskins Should Consider Lovie Smith... (Nov '13) Dec '13 uncle sexy 3
Predicting the 2013 NFC East Final Standings (Jun '13) Jun '13 across16 1
Redskins' RG3 says he can take hits, chides Rams (Sep '12) Sep '12 Griffany 6
Injuries Exacerbate Matters for Redskins (Sep '12) Sep '12 Josh 4
Mike Shanahan Doesn't Doubt Return to the Washi... (Jan '12) Jan '12 Snyderfarts 2
Nobody's Buying The 2-0 Washington Redskins, Yet (Sep '11) Sep '11 Fanfarts 2
Redskins (Jul '11) Jul '11 Sioux Warrior 2
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Brian Orakpo People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••