Longhorns, Buckeyes ready for Fiesta Bowl

There are 20 comments on the Jan 5, 2009, www.magicvalley.com story titled Longhorns, Buckeyes ready for Fiesta Bowl. In it, www.magicvalley.com reports that:

GLENDALE, Ariz. - Texas coach Mack Brown has a theory about bowl games. "If the teams are fairly even, the team that wants to be there the most and has the edge and is more motivated usually wins," Brown said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.magicvalley.com.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Monte

West Palm Beach, FL

#1 Jan 5, 2009
This should be a good one, very physical, and an NFL scouts wet dream. Hope Ohio State can REPRESENT, not like Penn State, who got bitch-slapped, by USC.
Andy

United States

#2 Jan 5, 2009
Should be one of the best two bowl games this season.

“Pure as the driven snow ”

Since: Dec 08

Here, there and everywhere

#3 Jan 5, 2009
Hook'em Horns!!!
Monte

West Palm Beach, FL

#4 Jan 5, 2009
This one and thursday night are what its all about. Like the Superbowl, lets just have a competitive game.
blong

United States

#5 Jan 5, 2009
If Texas gains an early advantage, I think they'll try to run it up big on Ohio State. They have the most to gain here, and want to still prove that they should have been in the BCS title game.
Ex Comanche

AOL

#7 Jan 5, 2009
If we can't have a playoff, then go back to the old format. Play the Cotton, Fiesta, Sugar, Rose, and Orange Bowls with their old alliances on New Years Day. With New Years Day being a holiday, playing the Fiesta against the Rose and the Sugar against the Orange would still net higher ratings than what you have now because they would have championship ramifications. On Jan. 2, plug in the BCS formula to schedule a Division I championship game.
As it stands, knowing who will be in the championship game has rendered all games insignificant and the post-Jan.1 games ratings disasters.
Monte

West Palm Beach, FL

#8 Jan 5, 2009
Texas should have played SoCal, the winner, playing thursdays winner...fini...call it a baby playoff.
No Clarification

Oil City, LA

#9 Jan 5, 2009
Monte wrote:
This should be a good one, very physical, and an NFL scouts wet dream. Hope Ohio State can REPRESENT, not like Penn State, who got bitch-slapped, by USC.
Yep your right
Ex Comanche

AOL

#11 Jan 5, 2009
Monte wrote:
Texas should have played SoCal, the winner, playing thursdays winner...fini...call it a baby playoff.
Then you might get Texas vs. Oklahoma again. Reminds me of the Orange Bowl that scheduled Nebraska vs. Oklahoma after having played earlier in the season as part of the Big Eight. Jerry Jones will try to bring back importance to the Cotton Bowl next year with his new billion-dollar stadium. That's where the Big XII champ will play; the Orange Bowl has become a farce of what it used to be.
Just a thought

Kingsport, TN

#12 Jan 5, 2009
College football's national champion is a myth. In no other sports arena does a computer decide who is going to play for the title. To hell with the playoffs, let's just go to the computer to see who will play in the Super Bowl. Forget the NCAA basketball tournament. What does the computer say? If this was done in any other forum, everyone would be outraged. As far as I'm concerned it's a joke.
Angel Greg

Yorba Linda, CA

#13 Jan 5, 2009
Taking the lesser of 2 evils, I hope Texass whips Ohio's
Retired 1SG

Waco, TX

#14 Jan 5, 2009
I'm beginning to understand Ohio State's problems the past couple of years.
Tressel's offense is 20 years behind the times.
BUCKEYE AND NOLE

Bellefonte, PA

#15 Jan 5, 2009
Retired 1SG wrote:
I'm beginning to understand Ohio State's problems the past couple of years.
Tressel's offense is 20 years behind the times.
Your telling me. Its so disappointing to. He can't keep playing "Tresselball".
Retired 1SG

Waco, TX

#16 Jan 5, 2009
Buckeyes almost came back and won it.
Texas is very, very lucky. If Beanie Wells hadn't gotten hurt the Buckeyes would have won.
And all this hype about Texas should have been in the BCS championship is a complete joke - kind of what comes out of the south end of their north end looking mascot.

“U missed the point and u still”

Since: Oct 08

don't no which way it went

#17 Jan 5, 2009
OSU fan
What a game!
BUCKEYE AND NOLE

Bellefonte, PA

#18 Jan 5, 2009
Man Buckeyes suck. They suck. Sorry but I'm a frusttrated. Dag it sure a !@#$ wasn't meant to be. Texas great job man. Those seniors from OSU I don't know what to say. This team always chokes and I don't know what to say about Tressel. Pryor at least you tried bro.
Laughs at Old People

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#19 Jan 5, 2009
BAN THE BUCKEYES FROM THE BCS

for real

THEY ARE TERRIBLE

“Pete”

Since: Jan 09

Houston, TX

#20 Jan 5, 2009
BUCKEYE AND NOLE wrote:
Man Buckeyes suck. They suck. Sorry but I'm a frusttrated. Dag it sure a !@#$ wasn't meant to be. Texas great job man. Those seniors from OSU I don't know what to say. This team always chokes and I don't know what to say about Tressel. Pryor at least you tried bro.
Hey B&N keep your head up too buddy.
Its me, Pete. The Red Raider. Your team played a great game. Probably my favorite bowl game this year. I mean, just look at the box score qtr by qtr, AND HOW ABOUT YOUR FRESHMAN QB PRYOR??
Looks alot better in the future for Ohio State.

Hey I am going to watch the BCS game in a movie theater.

IN 3D!!!
Just a thought

Kingsport, TN

#21 Jan 5, 2009
Laughs at Old People wrote:
BAN THE BUCKEYES FROM THE BCS
for real
THEY ARE TERRIBLE
Losing by 3pts. to the Longhorns with 16 seconds left in the game is a long way from terrible. It was an exciting game. If the Buckeyes had been terrible it would have been over at halftime.
Gator

Albany, GA

#22 Jan 5, 2009
Well, that game could have easily gone either way. Guess your not a Longhorn fan either.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brian Orakpo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NFL mock draft 2.0: Needs shift after free agency Mar '15 Mel Kipertard 1
News Washington Redskins Should Consider Lovie Smith... (Nov '13) Dec '13 uncle sexy 3
News Predicting the 2013 NFC East Final Standings (Jun '13) Jun '13 across16 1
News Redskins' RG3 says he can take hits, chides Rams (Sep '12) Sep '12 Griffany 6
News Injuries Exacerbate Matters for Redskins (Sep '12) Sep '12 Josh 4
News Mike Shanahan Doesn't Doubt Return to the Washi... (Jan '12) Jan '12 Snyderfarts 2
News Nobody's Buying The 2-0 Washington Redskins, Yet (Sep '11) Sep '11 Fanfarts 2
More from around the web