Ohio.com - BROWNS CAPTURE WATERSHED WIN

Ohio.com - BROWNS CAPTURE WATERSHED WIN

There are 149 comments on the Akron Beacon Journal story from Oct 28, 2007, titled Ohio.com - BROWNS CAPTURE WATERSHED WIN. In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

ST. LOUIS: A 27-20 victory Sunday over the winless St. Louis Rams could be remembered as the day Cleveland's long-struggling franchise finally put its head above water.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Realist

Hubbard, OH

#1 Oct 29, 2007
Watershed moment my ass!
Like the Brown's have any chance in hell of winning a championship.
How pathetic it is that Cleveland fans celebrate two back to back wins against even bigger losers than the Brown's.

Cleveland fans are delusional to even think that ANY of the three professional (And I use the term loosely) have what it takes to win the final championship.(The "Sweep", the "Choke".)
OldManGrump

Canton, OH

#2 Oct 29, 2007
Congrats to the Browns for two wins in a row.

Congrats to the STEELERS too for their win obver the Bungels.

Looking forward to a rematch in Pittsburgh November 11th.

Browns are still sniffing the Steelers A$$ in the standings.

GO STEELERS !!!
Realist

Youngstown, OH

#3 Oct 29, 2007
I say what I said earlier because after spending last night at the Innerbelt my ass is like a watershed.

I just celebrated back to back nights manning the bathrooms and life is wonderful. My throat is a little bit sore but otherwise I'm OK.

GO 49ers!!
KEVIN AKRON

Cleveland, OH

#5 Oct 29, 2007
Realist wrote:
Watershed moment my ass!
How pathetic it is that Cleveland fans celebrate two back to back wins against even bigger losers than the Brown's.
Cleveland fans are delusional to even think that ANY of the three professional (And I use the term loosely) have what it takes to win the final championship.(The "Sweep", the "Choke".)
Donít rain on our parade. At this point we are excited to see our team progressing to be a real nfl football team. Nobody thatís not named the colts or the patriots are not going to win the super bowl this year. We are not allowed to celebrate wins? The browns are going in the right direction, the cavs made it to the finals (they will have a down year :( though). The Indians have a young team that will be good for awhile. How can you say the Indians, cavs and browns arenít professional teams? All three run top notch programs and give back to the community. There wouldnít be baseball or football for kids in the greater Cleveland area without the browns and Indians. All three may not have won a championship in a long while but they still. You may not like the team or the fans but they all are classy organizations and PROFESSIONALS.
All is well

Akron, OH

#6 Oct 29, 2007
Congratulations to another deserved victory!!! I really hope we smash the Seahawks. There is no reason we can't beat them. GO BROWNS!!!!
realist

Hubbard, OH

#7 Oct 29, 2007
What a sweet job cleveland sports players have.

Get paid millions, never bring home the final championship, fans live their lives vicariously
through these losers; AND $upport them.
Troll Killa

Cleveland, OH

#8 Oct 29, 2007
Realist wrote:
Watershed moment my ass!
Realist's new alias "The Douchebag".

And I am not even a Browns' fan.
Troll Killa

Cleveland, OH

#9 Oct 29, 2007
OldManGrump wrote:
Browns are still sniffing the Steelers A$$ in the standings.
You seem to LOVE using that "sniffing" reference all the time.

OldManGrump's new alias "OldManRectalRanger" .
Disgusted

Dayton, OH

#10 Oct 29, 2007
Let me guess...?
Super Bowl bound, Cleveland Browns!!!

Go Steelers!
a voice

Canton, OH

#11 Oct 29, 2007
realist wrote:
Get paid millions, never bring home the final championship, fans live their lives vicariously
Ignorance is bliss !!!!
KEVIN AKRON

Cleveland, OH

#12 Oct 29, 2007
Disgusted wrote:
Let me guess...?
Super Bowl bound, Cleveland Browns!!!
Go Steelers!
BROWNS NOR THE STEELERS ARE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL. WHO EVER WINS THE AFC WILL EASILY WIN THE SUPER BOWL. NEW ENGLAND OR INDY. NOBODY ELSE HAS A CHANCE.

2 WEEKS AND THE BROWNS GET REVENGE.
KEVIN AKRON

Cleveland, OH

#13 Oct 29, 2007
realist wrote:
THIS SEEMS TO BOTHER YOU. WE LOVE OUR TEAMS REGARDLESS OF THEM WINNING IT ALL OR NOT. WHEN THEY DO IT WILL BE GREAT. I ROOT FOR THE TEAMS NOT THE MONEY. I DONT CARE WHAT THEY GET PAID. THEY ARE OVER PAID BUT IM NOT LETTING THAT RUIN IT FOR ME. WHY DO YOU CARE SO MUCH IF YOUR NOT A FAN OF CLEVELAND?
PieFace

Lancaster, OH

#14 Oct 29, 2007
What's worse?

a) The Browns celebrating two wins in a row, or
b) Steelers fans reading about the Browns?

I know my answer, and it has to do with the fact that I've never read the Pittsburgh paper.
Disgusted

Dayton, OH

#15 Oct 29, 2007
KEVIN AKRON wrote:
<quoted text>
BROWNS NOR THE STEELERS ARE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL. WHO EVER WINS THE AFC WILL EASILY WIN THE SUPER BOWL. NEW ENGLAND OR INDY. NOBODY ELSE HAS A CHANCE.
2 WEEKS AND THE BROWNS GET REVENGE.
Revenge for what? You actually think the Browns have a chance against the Steelers? HA HA HA. The only reason the Browns were able to manage back-to-back wins was because they played two teams who are both 0-8. Now that's something to get excited about!
Browns4Life

SkŽnderaj, Albania

#16 Oct 29, 2007
Hey "Realist" don't you have a protest to go to? You really are a tree hugging Kent hippie. Go hold up a sign and use your time wisely. No one cares about your opinion on here. It doesn't surprise me your a 49'ers fan. You should jump on the next plane to San Francisco, don't forget to put a flower in your hair!
Vintage74

Cleveland, OH

#17 Oct 29, 2007
Damn you are an angry bucnh after a win.

I think if anyone asked you if you would take a 4-3 record back in training camp EVERYONE would be on board with that. I'm not even defending that they played a good team game because they didn't. JC 14 penalties.

The bottom line is it looks like we are getting better. Our Defense sucks, but it might just be a matter of adding one or two players. At least the games are fun to watch and we don't loose 80% of the games at a 10-6 or 34-3 clip.

Go Browns!!
Vintage74

Cleveland, OH

#18 Oct 29, 2007
Browns4Life wrote:
Hey "Realist" don't you have a protest to go to? You really are a tree hugging Kent hippie. Go hold up a sign and use your time wisely. No one cares about your opinion on here. It doesn't surprise me your a 49'ers fan. You should jump on the next plane to San Francisco, don't forget to put a flower in your hair!
Hear, Hear!!! How are them 49'ers doin anyway?
Disgusted

Dayton, OH

#19 Oct 29, 2007
Hey realist. Nice to see you support your 2-5 team and try to knock Cleveland sports. What has San Fran sports done recently? NOTHING! Two winning seasons since 1999? NONE since 2003. Only one conference title in the 2000's. Ya I'd say your overpaid athletes are delivering!
jaye

Akron, OH

#20 Oct 29, 2007
here's the way I look at sports loyalty:
you root for the local teams if you basically have lived your life in that area. Why would you root against the area you were raised in?

The exceptions are if you have some type of "ties" to another city or state. For example:your father was raised in Indiana you root for the Colts. You attended school in georgia, you root for the Braves.

Other than situations like that, aren't you saying you don't like where you live and you really don't like yourself? It is so EASY to be a FRONTRUNNER and root for the teams that are currently on top. It takes a man or woman of integrity to stick with a team thru thick and thin. I don't mean you blindly pledge alligience
and not complain when losses mount up, but don't you stick with them?

yes, there are some individual players from other teams that I enjoy watching play the games but I sure as heck don't want them to beat MY hometown team.

I got to leave for work.
Chad

United States

#21 Oct 29, 2007
Disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
Revenge for what? You actually think the Browns have a chance against the Steelers? HA HA HA. The only reason the Browns were able to manage back-to-back wins was because they played two teams who are both 0-8. Now that's something to get excited about!
I promise you this game will be closer than the first one. We were a team with 5 linemen that had never played a game together before. You really think your CB's can cover Edwards when he plays like he did yesterday. And remember we have a QB who will stay in the pocket now and not roll out into the sack. I GUARANTEE this game will be closer than last one. I am not saying we will win, but it will not be a blowout.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brian Leonard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bengals Look To Sign Veteran To Sub For Benson (Sep '11) Sep '11 43000farts 2
News Bengals 19, Browns 17: Physical therapy | The C... (Dec '10) Dec '10 Who Dey 8
News Cowboys 16, Bengals 7: For starters, not much o... (Aug '10) Aug '10 Jon H 3
News Bengals uncover gem in Leonard (Sep '09) Oct '09 shane 20
News Bengals rally to beat Steelers 23-20 (Sep '09) Sep '09 Bill in Cranberry 78
News Carson Palmer's late TD pass leads Bengals over... (Sep '09) Sep '09 Bass2223 1
News Rams invite Kreider to training camp (Jul '08) Dec '08 Biff 33 7
More from around the web