Leonard at fullback

Leonard at fullback

There are 5 comments on the St. Louis Post-Dispatch story from Aug 25, 2007, titled Leonard at fullback. In it, St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that:

After being the Rams' featured ball carrier in the first two exhibition games, rookie Brian Leonard will concentrate on fullback in the final two practice contests. via St. Louis Post-Dispatch

Join the discussion below, or Read more at St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

Steve Matson

United States

#1 Aug 28, 2007
Here's a copy of a comment I filed in another area but it seems appropriate here too.

What is with the talk of Brian Leonard at fullback? This guy is a running back and why waste his talent? If he was a black running back there would be no discussion about fullback and he would be the backup tailback who would see plenty of action. If I was him I would get traded as soon as I could. Coach Scott Linehan has blinders on. What are the odds that in a country of 300 million people there is not one white tailback in the NFL, or cornerback? Something is up when people are funneled into position by race like what used to happen with no black quarterbacks. Why is it that the top white players in the NBA all happen to be foreignors. Hmmmm? Maybe they haven't got the message about race, eh? By the way, I am African-American
steve c

Crest Hill, IL

#2 Aug 30, 2007
A-men on that. The kid has got the skills and speed and he deserves a chance to put his talent to use!!

“Wahhh Wahhh Wahhhh”

Since: Feb 07

Lawton, OK

#3 Aug 30, 2007
Huh? Leonard IS the backup tailback and he WILL receive "plenty of action". Leonard was drafted in the 2nd round because he can do a lot of things well. Being a good fullback is one of those.That doesn't mean he won't play runningback because he WILL.

Have you guys even been watching the Rams preseason games? Brian Leonard has gotten the MAJORITY of the carries at runningback. He has EXCELLED so fast at runningback that the coaches decided to have him work on improving at the fullback position.lol The article even says that much.

He played the fullback position his senior year. Playing fullback is his best way to get on the field, as long as Steven Jackson is on the Rams.
Steve Matson

Eau Claire, WI

#4 Aug 31, 2007
Let me make it simple. Leonard should be the backup tailback only and let the Rams find another fullback or otherwise Leonard will eventually be manipulated into putting on weight and his RB days are done.

But more importantly, if Leonard was Black there would be no fullback talk and he would simply be the backup tailback. That is the crux of the issue.
Blizzard

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#5 Sep 2, 2007
Steve Matson wrote:
Let me make it simple. Leonard should be the backup tailback only and let the Rams find another fullback or otherwise Leonard will eventually be manipulated into putting on weight and his RB days are done.
But more importantly, if Leonard was Black there would be no fullback talk and he would simply be the backup tailback. That is the crux of the issue.
Funny. All boils down to race? Gimme a break.
Seeing how the Rams already have a lead blocking fullback in Madison Hedgecock and 4 tight ends as of right now (2 blocking tight ends), it's safe to assume that Leonard will be the backup RUNNINGBACK and competing for a chance to be the backup RUNNINGBACK with the newly acquired Antonio Pittman.

Of course if the Rams don't satisfy your insatiable thirst for racial equality, you can always employ the services of Jessie Jackson or Al Sharpton.

What a tool.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brian Leonard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bengals Look To Sign Veteran To Sub For Benson (Sep '11) Sep '11 43000farts 2
News Bengals 19, Browns 17: Physical therapy | The C... (Dec '10) Dec '10 Who Dey 8
News Cowboys 16, Bengals 7: For starters, not much o... (Aug '10) Aug '10 Jon H 3
News Bengals uncover gem in Leonard (Sep '09) Oct '09 shane 20
News Bengals rally to beat Steelers 23-20 (Sep '09) Sep '09 Bill in Cranberry 78
News Carson Palmer's late TD pass leads Bengals over... (Sep '09) Sep '09 Bass2223 1
News Rams invite Kreider to training camp (Jul '08) Dec '08 Biff 33 7
More from around the web