USC shows its staying power

USC shows its staying power

There are 1447 comments on the LA Daily News story from Jul 25, 2008, titled USC shows its staying power. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

Defensive stalwarts spurning pros for another shot at glory with Trojans becoming a trend at USC, which is picked by media to win Pac-10. Article Last Updated: 07/24/2008 10:49:03 PM PDT Without a nervous bone ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

First Prev
of 73
Next Last
SC Fan

Jacksonville, FL

#1 Jul 25, 2008
Nice Article,,
you might want to do a special on Taylor Mays...
he's gonna really surprise this year and probably be the
best Safety in the Country.

Also, keep an eye on Freshmen TJ Bryant and Brice Butler,,
they've been tearing it up.:)
Ruger

United States

#2 Jul 25, 2008
The last time a collective of stalwarts spurned the pros for college glory from one team were Henne, Hart, and some jack @ss WR with michigan.
You see what happened to them.
The same thing when OSU takes usc out of the NC hunt.

Yours truly,
Ruger

“WAR EAGLE”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#3 Jul 25, 2008
USC has the best program in the nation, but this is not the year imo.

USC better gear up for the PAC.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#4 Jul 25, 2008
Eagle3 wrote:
USC has the best program in the nation, but this is not the year imo.
USC better gear up for the PAC.
we got the best conf in the land !!!!

“WAR EAGLE”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#5 Jul 25, 2008
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>we got the best conf in the land !!!!
Hell yeah, Clown! We can discount the "doubting Thomas" amoung our club. Right now? It cannot be denied.
Ruger

United States

#6 Jul 26, 2008
T-Town Clown wrote:
Yes T, the SEC is the top DAWG amongst the other conferences.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#7 Jul 26, 2008
Ruger wrote:
<quoted text>Yes T, the SEC is the top DAWG amongst the other conferences.
I tell you Ruger when your on top people hate you !! and we are hated ![tongue wagging] at them ! also they can check out my middle finger !!!
manhattan beach dude

Moreno Valley, CA

#8 Jul 26, 2008
T-Town Clown wrote:
Yo t-town, what can UCLA expect outa Tenn ? My boss is from AU and I see their as high as 7th, LSU powerhouse, how bout your bama this year?

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#9 Jul 26, 2008
manhattan beach dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Yo t-town, what can UCLA expect outa Tenn ? My boss is from AU and I see their as high as 7th, LSU powerhouse, how bout your bama this year?
I think Tenn we bring a good team out West new QB but they should be good lots of speed , as far as Bama we have a SR QB and a good O-line I feel we will be better team this year but we play 4 top ten teams Auburn,LSU,UGA,Clemson plus Tenn it will be fun
manhattan beach dude

Moreno Valley, CA

#10 Jul 27, 2008
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>I think Tenn we bring a good team out West new QB but they should be good lots of speed , as far as Bama we have a SR QB and a good O-line I feel we will be better team this year but we play 4 top ten teams Auburn,LSU,UGA,Clemson plus Tenn it will be fun
Tough schedule, Pac 10 should represent too
Ruger

United States

#11 Jul 28, 2008
<quoted text>
Well we know USC will for sure. Or as you would say it, "O for sure dude, like it's a given bro!" :)
Ruger

United States

#12 Jul 28, 2008
<quoted text>
So what do you think about the Oregon-Boise game? O will probably stomp them huh?
manhattan beach dude

Torrance, CA

#13 Jul 28, 2008
Ruger wrote:
<quoted text>Well we know USC will for sure. Or as you would say it, "O for sure dude, like it's a given bro!" :)
fer sure....dude
manhattan beach dude

Torrance, CA

#14 Jul 28, 2008
Ruger wrote:
<quoted text>So what do you think about the Oregon-Boise game? O will probably stomp them huh?
Kind of like your bulldogs playing Georgia Southern or Cent. Michigan their 1st two games? Tough schedule huh?
Ruger

United States

#15 Jul 28, 2008
<quoted text>
Kind of like your bulldogs playing Georgia Southern or Cent. Michigan their 1st two games? Tough schedule huh?
Boise fer sure bra!!!
Ruger

United States

#16 Jul 28, 2008
<quoted text>
But yet you don't speak of the rest of the schedule bra' Georgia has one of the top 3 most diff scheds in CFB.

Boise will scare, if not beat Oregon.

Ruger
manhattan beach dude

Moreno Valley, CA

#17 Jul 28, 2008
Ruger wrote:
<quoted text>But yet you don't speak of the rest of the schedule bra' Georgia has one of the top 3 most diff scheds in CFB.
Boise will scare, if not beat Oregon.
Ruger
dude, not a Duck fan, except in hockey. UCLA, and ya it's gonna be a long year for us.. But it's better than baseball. Georgia has a sold team this year, tough conference. Good luck.
Ruger

United States

#18 Jul 28, 2008
<quoted text>
dude, not a Duck fan, except in hockey. UCLA, and ya it's gonna be a long year for us.. But it's better than baseball. Georgia has a sold team this year, tough conference. Good luck.
You to. But UCLA has beat USC lately also. When it comes to rivalries, records are out the window.
Go Dawgs!!!!!!! and Bucks!!!!!!!!! and Broncos!!!!!
R U Serious

Long Beach, CA

#19 Jul 28, 2008
SC Fan wrote:
Nice Article,,
you might want to do a special on Taylor Mays...
he's gonna really surprise this year and probably be the
best Safety in the Country.
Also, keep an eye on Freshmen TJ Bryant and Brice Butler,,
they've been tearing it up.:)
Or you might want to do an article how the mighty Tojams managed to get knocked off by one of the worst team in the entire nation last year "bite on"
UCLA ROB

El Monte, CA

#20 Jul 28, 2008
Hey trojan fans!! DID YOU KNOW?

Fairy Tale Ending: A 10-year Tommy Trojan’s Gay Wedding is greasing the wheels of the fight against a ban on Same-Sex Marriage
Just call him ”The Gay Caped Crusader.”

Every once in a long while, an ex-trojan does something worthy of strokes, and this time, it’s Tommy the Trojan himself. A guy named Chuck, who wore the skirt of usc mascot Tommy for TEN YEARS, is about to get married – to a guy named Howard. Howard is Chuck’s longtime companion, and a Hollywood Publicist, who knows a little something about Public Relations.

Thanks to a donation from the L.A. Police Chief, Chuck and Howard are getting major publicity for what appears to be a very selfless and generous act — The Couple has requested that in leiu of gifts, guests should make donations to thier Cause. The Pair are fighting a proposed State Ban of Gay Marriages, which would keep other Gay couples in love from getting to enjoy the same marital bliss that they are about to be experiencing.

Do you realize how hard it is for a Gay Man to give up the whole “Bridal Registry” process? Picking out bed linens, and Crystal, and China patterns?? It’s like Shopping Fantasy Camp. Forfeiting all that just so OTHERS can be as lucky as they are? That is NOT the way to earn your Trojan-for-Life Card.

And now there must be a massive apology — to all the maniacal Bruin fanatics who used to scream certain things at Tommy. It used to seem pretty harsh and unfair — Just because he wore a skirt and carried a sword didn’t mean that he was The Gay Blade who liked sword-swallowers. But now, at least for a decade, all those sodomy t-shirts were “true,” and all those politically-incorrect taunts were just valid observations that he himself would have found complimentary, NOT insulting.

Because, of course, there is nothing wrong with being Gay (as the tone of this article should demonstrate). The only shocking thing is that a Gay guy would agree to wear those unstylishly hideous SANDALS for 10 years. After all, they aren’t exactly Dorothy’s Ruby Slippers. Snap!(”You heard me, Girlfriend.”)

Let’s just hope that Howard insists that they use a trojan on their Wedding Night – since you already know who’s going to wear the pants in the relationship — and who will wear the skirt.

Don't believe me? it was on page 3 of Wednesday's L.A. Times calendar section. Go to latimes.com do seach for Chief Bratton, article is called "Cause Celebre" written by Tina Daunt.

For pics go to beatsc.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 73
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brian Cushing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Rob Gronkowski active for Patriots, set to make... Sep 23 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News NFL: Brian Cushing gets back on track vs. Giants (Sep '14) Sep '14 OBriens Butt-Chin 1
News Houston Texans turn out for Johnathan Joseph fu... (Sep '14) Sep '14 OBriens Butt-Chin 1
News Texans get 17-6 win over Washington (Sep '14) Sep '14 OBriens Butt-Chin 1
News The 2014 Houston Texans Season is Basically One... (Sep '14) Sep '14 OBriens Butt-Chin 1
News Texans capsule (Aug '14) Aug '14 Obriens Butt-Chin 1
News Making Calls on the Houston Texans' Hardest Rem... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Obriens Butt-Chin 1
More from around the web