Trojans endure harrowing flight

Trojans endure harrowing flight

There are 14 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Oct 19, 2007, titled Trojans endure harrowing flight. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

USC players, coaches and supporters aboard the team's charter flight from Los Angeles endured a harrowing arrival in South Bend, Ind., on Thursday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Who Cares About ND

Benton Harbor, MI

#1 Oct 19, 2007
Who cares...about ND....Tell me more about U of Illinois, Northern IL, Western IL ...ND is a long way away ... a different state ...only 5k students. 1-6 record....booooring.
dano

Oak Brook, IL

#2 Oct 19, 2007
The article was about USC and the flight to South Bend, not ND (moron). And I'm sure everyone is breathless waiting to hear about Northern Illinois and Western Illinois.
Peter

United States

#3 Oct 19, 2007
Nortre Dame will do anything to win a game. Do you think that they paid off the pilot?
Jane

Elmwood Park, IL

#4 Oct 19, 2007
don't believe for a minute that they had their seat belts on and they "broke" but thats just me...
Eric

Arlington Heights, IL

#5 Oct 19, 2007
If you're stupid enough to be seatbelt-less when you're approaching an airport in a thunderstorm, you deserve whatever injury befalls you.
Marathon man

Richmond, VA

#6 Oct 19, 2007
A tornado hit a town called Nappannee at about 10 p.m. Thursday. That's not far from South Bend. It sounds as if the pilot did well to land the plan without further incident. And this is a story, regardless of the team.
Patrick

Arlington Heights, IL

#7 Oct 19, 2007
I'm glad the team made it safely. That said, the terror they faced during that flight is nothing compared to what they'd go through if they had to play LSU in the national championship. Doesn't look like USC is going to have to worry about it after nailbiters against Washington and Arizona.
Hari

Chicago, IL

#8 Oct 19, 2007
Jane wrote:
don't believe for a minute that they had their seat belts on and they "broke" but thats just me...
Maybe the belts were on, but not buckled properly. We are talking about the football team here.
mrfnb

Oil City, PA

#9 Oct 19, 2007
Touchdown Jesus has a long reach indeed!
Homer Ballard

Rockford, IL

#10 Oct 19, 2007
Who Cares About ND wrote:
Who cares...about ND....Tell me more about U of Illinois, Northern IL, Western IL ...ND is a long way away ... a different state ...only 5k students. 1-6 record....booooring.
More about U. of I. and the Zookers. They lose big time to the Wolverines!
Homer Ballard

Rockford, IL

#11 Oct 19, 2007
Patrick wrote:
I'm glad the team made it safely. That said, the terror they faced during that flight is nothing compared to what they'd go through if they had to play LSU in the national championship. Doesn't look like USC is going to have to worry about it after nailbiters against Washington and Arizona.
Using your logic, Kentucky swamps USC if they meet.
Johnny Bendova

Lytle Creek, CA

#12 Oct 19, 2007
Looks like USC has had a bumpy ride all season.
LES

New Albany, IN

#13 Oct 19, 2007
What might have been really interesting is that if the plane had actually crashed, USC would still have been 2-TD favorite.
mrfnb

Monroeville, PA

#14 Oct 23, 2007
LES wrote:
What might have been really interesting is that if the plane had actually crashed, USC would still have been 2-TD favorite.
and that's the way the game would have turned out - Notre Dame maybe should drop down to the Championship Football Division. They would stand a much better chance of maybe beating someone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brian Cushing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Texans urged to stay in room, not eat room serv... (Nov '16) Feb '17 Big Fat Phart 2
News Rob Gronkowski active for Patriots, set to make... (Sep '16) Sep '16 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News NFL: Brian Cushing gets back on track vs. Giants (Sep '14) Sep '14 OBriens Butt-Chin 1
News Houston Texans turn out for Johnathan Joseph fu... (Sep '14) Sep '14 OBriens Butt-Chin 1
News Texans get 17-6 win over Washington (Sep '14) Sep '14 OBriens Butt-Chin 1
News The 2014 Houston Texans Season is Basically One... (Sep '14) Sep '14 OBriens Butt-Chin 1
News Texans capsule (Aug '14) Aug '14 Obriens Butt-Chin 1
More from around the web