Despite losses on `D', Trojans are st...

Despite losses on `D', Trojans are still No. 1

There are 324 comments on the LA Daily News story from Jul 30, 2009, titled Despite losses on `D', Trojans are still No. 1. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

Quarterback Mark Sanchez headed for the pros a year earlier than anticipated. Linebackers Rey Maualuga, Brian Cushing and Clay Matthews will be cashing paychecks in the NFL this fall as well.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

First Prev
of 17
Next Last
USC20

United States

#1 Jul 31, 2009
Simione Vehikite, currently a true frosh fullback, could slide over to LB this season to meet team needs as D.J. Shoemate and Adam Goodman can more than adequately help out Stanley Havili at fullback. Simi was a great high school LB
TheDude

Van Nuys, CA

#2 Jul 31, 2009
Number 1 in cheating!
krohiofan

Anderson, SC

#3 Jul 31, 2009
Number 1 what? usc sucks!!!!

manhattan_beach_ dude

“Go BRUINS ”

Since: Jan 09

Manhattan Beach CA

#4 Jul 31, 2009
TheDude wrote:
Number 1 in cheating!
and payroll to the players.
Coach Scott

Los Angeles, CA

#6 Jul 31, 2009
Tired wrote:
To "the dude" you are really obcessed with hating the Trojans. Don't make it such of a big deal you can't beat the Trojans in almost any sport. It will probably change over time. You can't let this dominate you. There is nothing you can do about it. Both of you guys are showing such immaturity. Man up.
How does a woman "Man up"?

manhattan_beach_ dude

“Go BRUINS ”

Manhattan Beach CA

#7 Jul 31, 2009
Tired wrote:
To "the dude" you are really obcessed with hating the Trojans. Don't make it such of a big deal you can't beat the Trojans in almost any sport. It will probably change over time. You can't let this dominate you. There is nothing you can do about it. Both of you guys are showing such immaturity. Man up.
"big deal you can't beat the Trojans in almost any sport"

Have you looked at who has the most team NCCA champuionships? didn't think so Sparkey

Start with Basketball
TheDude

Van Nuys, CA

#8 Jul 31, 2009
I would be saying the same things about ASU or Oregon State if it where them pulling stunts like usc does. When will you trojan fans realize that it is not YOU as individuals everybody wants a piece of. YOU are not that important, in fact, I could care less about YOU. It is the cheating and corruption going on at usc that cheapens the game of college football, which I love. If usc did this the right way, I would have no problem with the success, and would enjoy watching them play. I guess I need to man up and just bow down to the kings huh? Yeah, don't count on it.
Coach Scott

Los Angeles, CA

#9 Jul 31, 2009
manhattan_beach_dude wrote:
<quoted text>
"big deal you can't beat the Trojans in almost any sport"
Have you looked at who has the most team NCCA champuionships? didn't think so Sparkey
Start with Basketball
1. Nobody cares for your championships in chess and fingerpainting.

2. Who won the pac-10 tourney last year...
Coach Scott

Los Angeles, CA

#10 Jul 31, 2009
TheDude wrote:
I would be saying the same things about ASU or Oregon State if it where them pulling stunts like usc does. When will you trojan fans realize that it is not YOU as individuals everybody wants a piece of. YOU are not that important, in fact, I could care less about YOU. It is the cheating and corruption going on at usc that cheapens the game of college football, which I love. If usc did this the right way, I would have no problem with the success, and would enjoy watching them play. I guess I need to man up and just bow down to the kings huh? Yeah, don't count on it.
Oh I see. So you follow every single college football team as close as you do SC and blog at an equal rate for those teams as well. And here I thought you couldn't go a day without mentioning USC when talking about ucla. Cause if the latter was true that would make you pretty pathetic, wouldn't it.

By the way, take a look around, everybody is gunning for SC (just ask your saint er coach Neuweisel). Thats just what happens when you are the top program in the country.
TheDude

Van Nuys, CA

#11 Jul 31, 2009
Coach Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
When is the PAC-10 tournament banner hanging ceremony taking place at Gaylen? I want to make sure I am there to pay my respect. You do know that the last few years in basketball are also being looked at as a fraud too, right?

manhattan_beach_ dude

“Go BRUINS ”

Manhattan Beach CA

#12 Jul 31, 2009
Coach Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
and now under NCAA investigation, I rest my case

C H E A T E R S !!!!!
jodepoley

Lincoln, NE

#13 Jul 31, 2009
This is very confusing... USC could not possibly be #1. Here are the very logical reasons why...

1. USC is not in the SEC.
2. USC stands for University Southern CALIFORNIA and no team from California can be ranked #1.
3. USC plays too soft of a schedule to be considered, E.G. Cal, Oregon, Washington, Ohio State and Norte Dame. The Strength of schedule should only allow them a #15 ranking at best.

Silly, silly experts.

manhattan_beach_ dude

“Go BRUINS ”

Manhattan Beach CA

#15 Jul 31, 2009
Tired wrote:
And where does that put Nebraska, genius? You are running your mouth even though the Cornhuskers have done nothing for many years now. Your program is tanking.
They are picked to win their conference this year, Sparky, Do you know anything about college football east of the Rockies?

Since: Jun 09

San Fernando Valley

#16 Jul 31, 2009
jodepoley wrote:
This is very confusing... USC could not possibly be #1. Here are the very logical reasons why...
2. USC stands for University Southern CALIFORNIA and no team from California can be ranked #1.
3. USC plays too soft of a schedule to be considered, E.G. Cal, Oregon, Washington, Ohio State and Norte Dame. The Strength of schedule should only allow them a #15 ranking at best.
Silly, silly experts.
Dude, don't really get the analogy here? By the way just curious, what the hell else do you guys do besides drink beer and get high in the corn fields when your Cornhuskers aren't out playing on the gridiron.

By the way, I do like that cool statue outside the stadium of all the players making a tackle. My friends and I climbed all over that for a snapshot last time I was back there.
krohiofan

Anderson, SC

#17 Jul 31, 2009
Coach Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I see. So you follow every single college football team as close as you do SC and blog at an equal rate for those teams as well. And here I thought you couldn't go a day without mentioning USC when talking about ucla. Cause if the latter was true that would make you pretty pathetic, wouldn't it.
By the way, take a look around, everybody is gunning for SC (just ask your saint er coach Neuweisel). Thats just what happens when you are the top program in the country.
Top program in the country? Ooohh please!!! The reason people are "gunning" for usc is because they are so full of themselves that it's ridiculous, it is not because of some self-proclaimed pipe dream. Too much time in the sun will fry your brain, I suggest you start wearing a hat when going outside.
krohiofan

Anderson, SC

#18 Jul 31, 2009
jodepoley wrote:
Silly, silly experts.
Wait until September 12, then we shall see who is soft. GO BUCKS!!!!!!!
Al x

Long Beach, CA

#19 Jul 31, 2009
jodepoley wrote:
Silly, silly experts.
How about those Cornholers! It must suck to have to live in Nebraska.Just corn fields and hayseeds being all one can see for miles and miles.Also,pigs to slop and I'm not talking about the porcines.
scarlet and gray

Los Angeles, CA

#20 Jul 31, 2009
GO Buckeyes!!!!!!!!!!

manhattan_beach_ dude

“Go BRUINS ”

Manhattan Beach CA

#21 Jul 31, 2009
jodepoley wrote:
Silly, silly experts.
My son played Jr Hockey for the Lincoln Stars, spent a few days in Lincoln, fantastic football stadium, the campus was weird, located thruout the city.

Wish the Cornhuskers well, I read they were picked to win their division

Good people and treated my son well.

manhattan_beach_ dude

“Go BRUINS ”

Manhattan Beach CA

#22 Jul 31, 2009
Coach Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
"Thats just what happens when you are the top program in the country"

Ah that would be Florida Bubba

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 17
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brian Cushing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NFL: Brian Cushing gets back on track vs. Giants (Sep '14) Sep '14 OBriens Butt-Chin 1
News Houston Texans turn out for Johnathan Joseph fu... (Sep '14) Sep '14 OBriens Butt-Chin 1
News Texans get 17-6 win over Washington (Sep '14) Sep '14 OBriens Butt-Chin 1
News The 2014 Houston Texans Season is Basically One... (Sep '14) Sep '14 OBriens Butt-Chin 1
News Texans capsule (Aug '14) Aug '14 Obriens Butt-Chin 1
News Making Calls on the Houston Texans' Hardest Rem... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Obriens Butt-Chin 1
News Texans, Broncos break out the full pads at workout (Aug '14) Aug '14 Obriens Butt-Chin 1
More from around the web