Judge lifts NFL lockout, league vows ...

Judge lifts NFL lockout, league vows appeal

There are 20 comments on the Palm Beach Post story from Apr 25, 2011, titled Judge lifts NFL lockout, league vows appeal. In it, Palm Beach Post reports that:

In this Feb. 6, 2011, file photo, Pittsburgh Steelers' Brett Keisel takes a photo on the field before NFL football's Super Bowl XLV between the Steelers and the Green Bay Packers in Arlington, Texas.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Palm Beach Post.

GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#1 Apr 25, 2011
Football fans everywhere -- REJOICE! Football has been returned to the fans where it belongs. Ding, dong, the lockouts dead. The lockout was never necessary to begin with. Now get on with negotiations and play ball!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“clemens for president '20”

Since: Nov 09

Erie

#2 Apr 27, 2011
GBPfan wrote:
Football fans everywhere -- REJOICE! Football has been returned to the fans where it belongs. Ding, dong, the lockouts dead. The lockout was never necessary to begin with. Now get on with negotiations and play ball!
18 OR 16? GBPfan, now comes the tuff part.

Litigate that!
Scam Newton

Houston, TX

#3 Apr 27, 2011
GBPfan wrote:
Lockout is dead....as players get turned away from working out.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#4 Apr 27, 2011
erie-vike fan wrote:
<quoted text>18 OR 16? GBPfan, now comes the tuff part.
Litigate that!
I don't care how tough it is. It will be tough on the owners and players. I hope. So what? Just play ball. The choices are: 1) to have football and listen to the players, owners, and fans whine, moan and complain, or 2) to NOT have football and listen to the owners, players, and fans whine, moan and complain. That's a no-brainer decision.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#5 Apr 27, 2011
Scam Newton wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, now we know which side really wants to play football this season and which one doesn't.

The owners have been wrong at each and every step of this thing. The judge just ruled that the players are suffering irreparable injury. Do you really believe the judge is now going to say that the irreparable injury gets to continue during an appeal? If so, you obviously think like an owner. So I feel an obligation to advise you to remove your head from your butt before you suffocate. The owners can spend their billions trying to take their football and go home, but in the end their pouting and tantrums will do no good, there will be football. The poor, poor owners will be forced to make record profits again this year. It's enough to make me cry!
Scam Newton

Houston, TX

#6 Apr 27, 2011
GBPfan wrote:
<quoted text>
So I feel an obligation to advise you to remove your head from your butt before you suffocate.
What a tool.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#7 Apr 27, 2011
Scam Newton wrote:
<quoted text>
What a tool.
Honestly, I don't feel comfortable sharing your boyfriend's nickname.
Scam Newton

Houston, TX

#9 Apr 27, 2011
Rejoice!

lmao
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#10 Apr 27, 2011
Scam Newton wrote:
Rejoice!
lmao
My joy is spilling over into laughter also. Football fans can't help but be happy.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#11 Apr 27, 2011
Scam Newton wrote:
<quoted text>
Lockout is dead ... as owners lose again. The fans win!
GBPfantoo

Orlando, FL

#12 Apr 27, 2011
I'm a GayBoyPenisfan like you too!
GBPfantoo

Orlando, FL

#13 Apr 27, 2011
GBPfantoo wrote:
I'm a GayBoyPenisfan like you too!
G-B-P fan.........oh yes
Go Vikes

Santa Clara, CA

#14 Apr 29, 2011
GBPfan wrote:
<quoted text>
Lockout is dead ... as owners lose again. The fans win!
Typical Pucker fan. Always left looking stupid.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#15 Apr 29, 2011
Go Vikes wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical Pucker fan. Always left looking stupid.
The fans lose -- temporarily. Typical Viking fan. Too stupid to be on the side of the fans.

Erie

#16 May 7, 2011
GBPfan wrote:
<quoted text>
The fans lose -- temporarily. Typical Viking fan. Too stupid to be on the side of the fans.
HEY GBPfan......how are ya?

Dave D. Suicide guy donated? His brain for medical purposes for study?

Repetitive hits to the head caused brain trauma leading to a bad decision.......hence suicide.

Q........do we as fans want to see a expanded schedule?

IMO.........I don't know?

Hazard to the players.........good stuff for the fans(?). And greed for the owners.

YOU THINK..........
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#17 May 7, 2011
erie-vike fan wrote:
<quoted text>HEY GBPfan......how are ya?
Dave D. Suicide guy donated? His brain for medical purposes for study?
Repetitive hits to the head caused brain trauma leading to a bad decision.......hence suicide.
Q........do we as fans want to see a expanded schedule?
IMO.........I don't know?
Hazard to the players.........good stuff for the fans(?). And greed for the owners.
YOU THINK..........
I seriously doubt that adding extra games will be good for the game or players health. The league wants to keep the stars healthy and on the field. How does 18 games help them do that? Will it push the fines even higher? Will it become a touch football league?

Some teams will clinch with even more season remaining than now. Those teams may sit starters for many weeks. People hated it when the Colts did that last year. Those scenarios will become more common. And some teams will see fewer fans at games. If a team is out of it relatively early, the effect on ticket sales could be substantial. I don't see how adding games helps the game or players. Selfishly, as a fan, I wouldn't mind more weeks in the season. I'm not sure we will like all of the results though.

Erie

#18 May 7, 2011
18 games with expanded roster size/limited camps/possibly no pre-season could bring more competition to said skill positions, QB's esp., where this NFL juggernaut could be even more marketable.

You did see where the new schedule is conducive to a possible bye week keeping the whole league on schedule pending a week lockout till mid SEPT.-1 week later 4 the SB however-interesting.
Ponder Bye

Chicago, IL

#19 May 8, 2011
What ever you say, it better not contradictn what Adolph Childress and his SS minions say.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#20 May 9, 2011
erie-vike fan wrote:
18 games with expanded roster size/limited camps/possibly no pre-season could bring more competition to said skill positions, QB's esp., where this NFL juggernaut could be even more marketable.
You did see where the new schedule is conducive to a possible bye week keeping the whole league on schedule pending a week lockout till mid SEPT.-1 week later 4 the SB however-interesting.
Well, we know which side doesn't want a regular football season, if any, this year.

Since: May 11

Fremont, CA

#21 May 9, 2011
yeah football

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brett Keisel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Shear da Beard, annual tradition for one Steeler (Feb '15) Feb '15 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Why I'm rooting for the Steelers to win in Week... (Dec '12) Feb '13 Black Is back 19
News Ben Roethlisberger Football Camp Takes Over Sen... (Jun '12) Jun '12 sabertoothe 2
News Tebow shreds Steelers (Jan '12) Jan '12 Swann fan 1
News Locker Room Files: Hines Ward Caught Dancing Wi... (Oct '11) Oct '11 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News NFL players ask for $700M in damages in TV dispute (May '11) May '11 puplrhaze1 3
News Vikings forced to call another audible with NFL... (Apr '11) Apr '11 Kelly 3
More from around the web