Oakland Raiders cornerback DeMarcus Van Dyke struggling to find consistency

Aug 23, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Chico Enterprise-Record

As the Raiders concluded their training camp Thursday, the realization is that the true worth of the second-year cornerback out of Miami lies somewhere in between.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 9 of9
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2012

DeMarcus Van Dyke has gone from phenom to FLAMER OUT in the course of 18 practice sessions.

As the Raiders concluded their training camp Thursday, the realization is that the true worth of the second-year cornerback out of Miami lies somewhere in between.

Van Dyke's a loser riding his Uncle Dick's coat tails tripping over hash-marks like his uncle did over Ottoman's
Newsdealers

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2012

Chico ER...sounds like one of the local drug houses here in HTown....

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

OG, "so cal."

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2012

Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
DeMarcus Van Dyke has gone from phenom to FLAMER OUT in the course of 18 practice sessions.
Van Dyke's a loser riding his Uncle Dick's coat tails tripping over hash-marks like his uncle did over Ottoman's
i agree! i read some article saying that his mother or his aunt or someone like that was telling him he had to turn his head to make a good play. now, i don't know but if your mother or aunt is telling you what you should be doing cause you can't pay attention to your coach, then you are not fit for that position. i know some of the guys here had hopes for him and probaby some coaches on the team as well but from the beggining of preseason last year when he, we, got tore up by the saints on the pass, i saw the same thing as his relatives. guess what? they just told him that not too long ago and he didn't change a thing this preseason!chimdi checkwa picked up his game a little so far. chi-what?
RAIDERS 2012!!!

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2012

He was benched his senior year of college...there was a reason for that.

Since: Jul 11

Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2012

I still have hope for DVD. He's so fast, he can stay with any receiver.....it's just making the play on the ball that's his problem.

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2012

Zild0405 wrote:
I still have hope for DVD. He's so fast, he can stay with any receiver.....it's just making the play on the ball that's his problem.
I like the fact that he's got the speed, but you have to have the playmaking skills to go with it to be effective in the NFL.
DVD

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2012

What good is speed if you have ZERO route dicipline....

Since: Jul 11

Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2012

you can't make a play on the ball if you're 5 yards behind the receiver......no matter how good your skills are.

zone coverage should help that but we'll see.
Blue Ray

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2012

Exactly...no dicipline....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 9 of9
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••