Goal-line stand a key moment for Bears

Goal-line stand a key moment for Bears

There are 8 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Oct 4, 2008, titled Goal-line stand a key moment for Bears. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

If this indeed goes down as the week the Bears saved their 2008 season, as it very well could, it will be thanks to two tough stands.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Bigbear

United States

#1 Oct 4, 2008
What kind of drugs are you consuming, David? I mean, you are already making the Bears super bowl contenders because they made a goal-line stand? I mean, there are twelve games to go, my friend. Go Bears!
Bearfanforlife

AOL

#2 Oct 4, 2008
Good to know you are FINALLY starting to realize-
Haugh,
that Football is like Trench Warfare, although it's tough losing a comrade, there is NO TIME to sit back and wonder about, what if's etc,. You gotta forge ahead, and work with the next man available.
I remember,(OH so well) how you spent so much time "Kissing Rex Grossman's Behind," when it became painfully OBVIOUS, that Lovie had FINALLY figured out that Rex was an ANVIL on the Back of this team.
I 've always known that Tommie Harris had problems beyond Football( do you folks remember some of his interviews?), and if he can't get his act together for Sundays, STEP ASIDE!
You only have 16 chances in a season to do well, and if a player cannot contribute... See YA!.
Enough talk about INDIVIDUALS and their Individual problems.

Good to see Lovie is FINALLY growing a SPINE!

GO Bears!!!
EBF

Cicero, IL

#3 Oct 5, 2008
The goal-line stand was key, for that particular game, just like Urlacher said. However, it would be nice if that stand becomes the defining moment for the rest of the season. Tommie Harris is going through his own personal difficulties, and hopefully he recovers in time to contribute this year. At 2-2, it's tough to really get a good read on what the Bears will do from game to game, but if they get a handle on the turnovers, they'll be fine.
SAH

Bradenton, FL

#4 Oct 5, 2008
Bearfanforlife wrote:
Good to know you are FINALLY starting to realize-
Haugh,
that Football is like Trench Warfare, although it's tough losing a comrade, there is NO TIME to sit back and wonder about, what if's etc,. You gotta forge ahead, and work with the next man available.
I remember,(OH so well) how you spent so much time "Kissing Rex Grossman's Behind," when it became painfully OBVIOUS, that Lovie had FINALLY figured out that Rex was an ANVIL on the Back of this team.
I 've always known that Tommie Harris had problems beyond Football( do you folks remember some of his interviews?), and if he can't get his act together for Sundays, STEP ASIDE!
You only have 16 chances in a season to do well, and if a player cannot contribute... See YA!.
Enough talk about INDIVIDUALS and their Individual problems.
Good to see Lovie is FINALLY growing a SPINE!
GO Bears!!!
With that goal line stand by the defense which saved the game, if we don't make it to the Super Bowl I'm going to enjoy blaming it on Orton.
kato

La Grange, IL

#5 Oct 5, 2008
Let's make it a 4th quarter effort , not just goal line. You have to dig deep in the 4th. Its where the warrior goes for the death blow. Pain is pushed aside. Exhaustion is told to sit down. Wins are gained
Bearsnut

Dane, WI

#6 Oct 5, 2008
kato wrote:
Let's make it a 4th quarter effort , not just goal line. You have to dig deep in the 4th. Its where the warrior goes for the death blow. Pain is pushed aside. Exhaustion is told to sit down. Wins are gained
I would say u hit the nail on the head! they must secure the 4th qtr. to be a team to worry about,look what the gaints did, the Bears have the people to do it
DaCoach

Colorado Springs, CO

#7 Oct 5, 2008
SAH wrote:
<quoted text>
With that goal line stand by the defense which saved the game, if we don't make it to the Super Bowl I'm going to enjoy blaming it on Orton.
You're some Bears fan. Pathetic.
John

Colorado Springs, CO

#8 Oct 5, 2008
It better not matter that Harris and Lloyd are gone. Speaking as someone who has to watch the Detroit Train Wreck every week instead of the Bears, they better not ruin one of my few chances to see them. This year has been much better though with the late games.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brandon Lloyd Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Is This the Beginning of the End for New Englan... (Jan '14) Mar '14 Janitor 40
News 5 things to know from Patriots' 23-3 win over Bucs (Sep '13) Sep '13 Janitor 10
News Lions vs. Patriots: Five Questions with Musket ... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Mensans for Brady 7
News Are the Patriots in Danger? (Jul '13) Jul '13 Mensa6 2
News McDaniels working with young Patriots receivers (Jul '13) Jul '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News 5 Irreplaceable Players For The New England Pat... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Laughing Bear Fan 2
News Tom Brady will have to adjust to new corps of r... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
More from around the web