Orton likely will start vs. Packers

Full story: Chicago Tribune

Barring a last-minute setback, Kyle Orton will make his first start at Lambeau Field on Sunday.
Comments
1 - 20 of 21 Comments Last updated Nov 16, 2008
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Philo

Seminole, FL

#1 Nov 15, 2008
Hope he continues his early success.
Arnie

Duluth, GA

#2 Nov 15, 2008
Thank God... I don't know if I could take another week of Sexy Rexy
Your Creator

Chicago, IL

#3 Nov 15, 2008
Six months ago I never thought I'd utter the words "thank God Kyle Orton is starting this week."
loopy media

United States

#4 Nov 15, 2008
just win,go the CHICAGO BEARS

Since: Oct 08

Merrimac, WI

#5 Nov 15, 2008
Glad he's going to play but you can't blame Rex's for everthing, O-Line doesn't stand tall when it comes to Grossman. If you look at film of the bad games 80% was the line breaking down and not giving him time to throw the damn ball! But anyway this is a BIG Game for the Bears, A must Win
and the Titans fall this week to 9-1
Bill

Palatine, IL

#7 Nov 15, 2008

I'll believe it when Orton takes the first snap.

mikey t

Tempe, AZ

#8 Nov 15, 2008
You have to appreciate Orton's guts. This is one of the reasons he was named team captain at the beginning of the season. All in all, be ready Rex.
Bauer

Indianapolis, IN

#9 Nov 15, 2008
I hope we see Brandon Lloyd out there on Sunday. It would be nice if the Bears starting getting Earl Bennett into games, as well.
Bauer

Indianapolis, IN

#10 Nov 15, 2008
mikey t wrote:
You have to appreciate Orton's guts. This is one of the reasons he was named team captain at the beginning of the season. All in all, be ready Rex.
You also have to appreciate Orton's instincts. You rarely see him try to make stupid plays, like the pass Rex threw into double coverage in the 2nd quarter last Sunday -that blooper cost the team field position for the rest of the half.

Orton will win this game against The Packers, if he's relatively pain free and if his O-Line brings their A-Game.

That's my guess.
Bauer

Indianapolis, IN

#11 Nov 15, 2008
Also, Mike Brown probably has to somehow single-handedly jumpstart the defense in order for the Bears to win...
Josh

Lake Wales, FL

#12 Nov 15, 2008
Bauer wrote:
<quoted text>
You also have to appreciate Orton's instincts. You rarely see him try to make stupid plays, like the pass Rex threw into double coverage in the 2nd quarter last Sunday -that blooper cost the team field position for the rest of the half.
Orton will win this game against The Packers, if he's relatively pain free and if his O-Line brings their A-Game.
That's my guess.
That wasn't double coverage.

“Stimulate THIS!”

Since: Aug 08

West Frankfort, IL

#13 Nov 15, 2008
Halleluhah!!!! Never, ever want so see No. 8 taking snaps ever again.....I'll take a gimpy KO over a healthy RG any day. I hope Turner wakes up and uses some creativity this week....let's see a reverse, let's see Wolfe take a direct snap. let's see a half-back option pass. Bear games are so boring when the D sin't palying top shelf. Why not direct snap to Hester? Bears lose this game. FIRE Smith and the whole lot of the inept coaches.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#14 Nov 15, 2008
Saweet!

Now just fire Babich!
E B F

United States

#15 Nov 15, 2008
Man, if Orton can come back and do the things he did earlier in the season before he got hurt...Look Out Liquor Stores! Bears will crack the Pack! Boom!!!

Since: Oct 07

B town, Ohio

#16 Nov 15, 2008
Josh wrote:
<quoted text>
That wasn't double coverage.
No you're right it was just a bad throw, no separation from the receiver from Booker on Finnegan, and couldn't even see over the line just tossed it up.
Stratmaster

Cordova, TN

#17 Nov 16, 2008
Geesh, some people just won't stop, and obviously hate Grossman for reasons other than his contributions to the Bears. Maybe they are Gator haters. THAT I could understand.

Had Rex been the starter I would venture to say our record would be exactly the same. Orton is an average QB. Rex is an average QB. Rex is a better 2nd string QB than Orton is a starting QB (read that sentence again before throwing a fit. I didn't say Rex is a better QB than Orton). You should be happy to have him there as a back-up.
Annoyed

Lisle, IL

#18 Nov 16, 2008
I hope Kyle Orton is really ready. I don't want him to get hurt again. We do not need Grossman gloating about never losing at Lambeau and crying about not playing. Orton has never lost at Lambeau either. If the defense plays, Orton has a chance. Anyone want to bet that Green Bay is going to come out passing the ball? The lazy Bears secondary needs to go after the ball, not wait for Green Bay to catch the ball than go after the receiver. If the Bears secondary isn't lazy but incompetent, get them out of the game. They don't want to play.
Bill

Plainfield, IL

#19 Nov 16, 2008

I wish I owned stock in the companies that manufacture Novocain.

Let's see how much Orton practices this next week.

Bill

Plainfield, IL

#20 Nov 16, 2008

Since the Bears lost, the Rex Nut Cases will come out of the woodwork .. saying that the Bears would have won if Rex started.

Let's face reality .......... The Bears looked Rex right in the eyes and told him ..... "Rather than put YOU in as the starter ..... We like our chances better with a one-legged QB !!"

Disgusted

Lisle, IL

#21 Nov 16, 2008
No Defense. No Offense. No Coaching. No Win.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brandon Lloyd Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is This the Beginning of the End for New Englan... (Jan '14) Mar '14 Janitor 40
5 things to know from Patriots' 23-3 win over Bucs (Sep '13) Sep '13 Janitor 10
Lions vs. Patriots: Five Questions with Musket ... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Mensans for Brady 7
Are the Patriots in Danger? (Jul '13) Jul '13 Mensa6 2
McDaniels working with young Patriots receivers (Jul '13) Jul '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
5 Irreplaceable Players For The New England Pat... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Laughing Bear Fan 2
Tom Brady will have to adjust to new corps of r... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Brandon Lloyd People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••