No cause for optimism with Bears

No cause for optimism with Bears

There are 52 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Sep 4, 2008, titled No cause for optimism with Bears. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Would you like the doom first and the gloom second, or would you prefer it the other way around? The two are so closely associated, it's like trying to remove an old city sticker from a windshield.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Robert Samples

Jacksonville, FL

#41 Sep 5, 2008
Rick, your an a$$ clown! The defense played incredibly well last year until the third game when they lost both corners, a pro bowl d-linemen and another saftey! Before that they held LT to 25 yards and Larry Johnson to more of the same. The defense was desimated by injury as was the offensive line and that is the reason we fell off in play. That's how any team falls from grace! This year will be no different. If they stay somewhat healthy and step up when they have too then they will succeed. They gotta want it and they absolutely have to finsh strong.
jae

Athens, GA

#42 Sep 5, 2008
there is very few teams in this league without question marks no perfect squad. The bears have there issues but look at their schedule and go team to team and ask yourselves which one doesn't have major holes in it just as the bears do this the NFL people last year doesn't mean a thing whats on paper don't win or lose games it happens on the field let'em play and then let the team speak for it self with wins and loses
1bearsfan

Pocatello, ID

#43 Sep 5, 2008
allchifan wrote:
The Bear management team, and I laugh at even saying that, have created the Disaster of '08 in Chicago...I never trusted Lovie, and never will, Angelo is an idiot and our asst coaches are completely clueless.....It doesn't matter if Orton, Rex or Hanie are in there...we have nothing to throw to, nothing to block with and Forte is a second level back in the NFL...what a joke...and our defense is gone....we got whipped by San Fran, and every one else that wanted to run and throw at will..6 and 10 is a pipe dream....we will bring up the bottom of the pack and unless we fire Angelo at the end of this season, he will have another high pick to blow.....fire everyone and if Phillips doesn't have the B **** to do it, fire him and start over...The fans of Chicago deserves better....

You know what the joke is? It is your screen name "allchifan".I am still laughing,after reading your post! You are just full of support & dedication?? You are a Typical Fair Weather Fan that constantly trashes your team & players in public.Then has the nerve to call yourself a great fan! You dont deserve to be a Bear fan,the Bears deserve better! You sound like you get all your info from the media? Also typical of a Fair Weather Fan.You are no different than Morissey.Die hard fans support & cheer on our Bears! We dont ever trash talk our own team in public.We try to keep our frustrations in house.I have been a die hard fan for 37 years,I am proud to be a Bear Fan! Fans make a difference,support breeds success.The games havent even been played yet!!! Lovie & Angelo are human.Have they made mistakes? Absolutely.But so does every other team & G.M. These people do not have crystal balls.It is easy for people like you to criticize them after the fact.You cant judge a G.M or coach after a handful of moves good or bad.You judge them by their overall performance over time! Lovie & Angelo have taken us to 2-division titles & a super-bowl appearance! Last year we were decimated with injuries,no ones fault there.so a genius like you says Fire Them All! You are a real genius,you should be our G.M. Again,we havent even played our games yet this year.All the Predictions this year are only Speculation!! Bear Down Fellow Die Hard Bear fans! GOD BLESS! GO BEARS! YOUR TRUE FANS WILL ALWAYS SUPPORT YOU!!
Well

United States

#44 Sep 5, 2008
I'm just glad I have Sanders in my fantasy league this week! Don't get me wrong, I love the Bears, that's why it breaks my heart to know how this season will end up. Until they either draft or trade for a truelly top notch quarterback, not some washed up like Stewart or any other number of names, they will not put together any sort of consistency.
jae

Athens, GA

#45 Sep 5, 2008
don't agree with some of the things Lovie does but tell me WHAT? were the Bears like before he got there they wasn't worth blogging or booing since he got here A Superbowl apperance and 2 division titles check his record and accomplishments againts other coaches they came along about the same time and then try to complain
The Voice of Reason

Louisville, KY

#46 Sep 5, 2008
Rick your an idiot... mike brown says "get some peyton manning... get some.." prediction 28-24 bears win
dolfanreal69

Doddsville, MS

#47 Sep 5, 2008
They suck the end!
chi-man

Calgary, Canada

#48 Sep 5, 2008
Man oh Man.....you writers are all on the Bash the Bears wagon. You guys are all jumping all over Orton before the first real snap...he has a winning record guys...check it out and give him a chance....and now your doubting Forte? Rick, what the heck is wrong with you? He has not played a down yet, how do you know he's not gonna make it? As a teenager i spent three years on the streets of Chicago....wish i had met some of you guys back then. Sports writers, idiots all.
allchifan

United States

#49 Sep 5, 2008
For 1BearsFan...you must be related to Angelo...or are you Jerry...only he and you think the way you do..."all GM's make mistakes"...that's true....but not as many as Angelo...do you remember all of his first round mistakes alone, the Thomas Jones trade, giving Rex the ball without competition, the Rex and Haynes disaster, letting Rivera go for Babich, signing Turner to another contract, not fixing an offensive line for 5 years...yes, every GM makes mistakes, but not that many and still be employed...Yes I have been a loyal fan for as long as you and because I criticize them doesn't mean I am not a fan...I just am one that doesn't stick his head up Angelo's backside and let him ruin this franchise....and just because you are a relative don't play this "I am a real Bear fan" crap....You can keep believing in fairy tales for all I care but real football fans have to admit when the team stinks and try to fight to get changes so that we won't continue this mess...yes our management team is one of the worst in football...watch the Colts put up 35 and have Turner call for a run on 3rd and 8 in the fourth quarter...and then tell me the Bears management is right on target.....if they deserve our loyalty they must also deserve our criticism...and that's not being a poor fan, it's being an honest one...so go drink a beer with Jerry and tell him you tried....We still deserve better.....
1bearsfan

Pocatello, ID

#50 Sep 6, 2008
allchifan: The more you post,the more you prove me right! "I REST MY CASE".I am not putting you down,I am just stating Facts! Time to Bear Down,the games are about to begin!!I know the Real Die Hard fans,cant wait for the games to be played.Regardless of the circumstances.We are Proud to be a Bear fan! We will be supporting our Bears to Victory,not trash talking them & hurting their Confidence!! So Cheers to the Real Bear fans,the greatest fans of the greatest franchise in Football!! GOD BLESS!! GO BEARS!! YOUR TRUE FANS WILL ALWAYS SUPPORT YOU!!!
Bill

Mission Hills, CA

#51 Sep 6, 2008
1bearsfan wrote:
allchifan: The more you post,the more you prove me right! "I REST MY CASE".I am not putting you down,I am just stating Facts! Time to Bear Down,the games are about to begin!!I know the Real Die Hard fans,cant wait for the games to be played.Regardless of the circumstances.We are Proud to be a Bear fan! We will be supporting our Bears to Victory,not trash talking them & hurting their Confidence!! So Cheers to the Real Bear fans,the greatest fans of the greatest franchise in Football!! GOD BLESS!! GO BEARS!! YOUR TRUE FANS WILL ALWAYS SUPPORT YOU!!!

I repeat.......... Can you say ANYTHING in 25 words or less ??

Ohio

Granville, OH

#52 Sep 6, 2008
I'm glad to see Mariotti's spirit lives on in chicago sports news.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brandon Lloyd Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Is This the Beginning of the End for New Englan... (Jan '14) Mar '14 Janitor 40
News 5 things to know from Patriots' 23-3 win over Bucs (Sep '13) Sep '13 Janitor 10
News Lions vs. Patriots: Five Questions with Musket ... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Mensans for Brady 7
News Are the Patriots in Danger? (Jul '13) Jul '13 Mensa6 2
News McDaniels working with young Patriots receivers (Jul '13) Jul '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News 5 Irreplaceable Players For The New England Pat... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Laughing Bear Fan 2
News Tom Brady will have to adjust to new corps of r... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
More from around the web