Buckeyes' fall eerily recalls '07 loss to UF

There are 20 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Jan 8, 2008, titled Buckeyes' fall eerily recalls '07 loss to UF. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

The Ohio State Buckeyes swore they were going to remember last season's championship-game embarrassment to the Florida Gators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Buckeyes really 0 for 3

Durham, NC

#1 Jan 8, 2008
I guess the game was not close enough for Terry Porter to steal it for the SnuckEyes. They actually have lost three title games, but one flag game them new life and after the Canes had already celebrated their win, they had no energy left to win a second time. Congrats to Florida and LSU for keeping from letting the game get close at the end, and shame on Coker for playing close with tOSU and giving the refs the chance to give it away to them.
Not the vest

Deerfield Beach, FL

#2 Jan 8, 2008
Between football and basketball, how many national championships in a row is this athletics factory going to lose?
Yankee

Deerfield Beach, FL

#3 Jan 8, 2008
OSU is alright with me. They beat UM when it mattered!
Dude

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#4 Jan 8, 2008
Yankee wrote:
OSU is alright with me. They beat UM when it mattered!
You mean the refs gave it to OSU when it mattered...
ZOWMAN

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#5 Jan 8, 2008
YEA, THATS A YANK FOR YA. COME TO CANES COUNTRY WE'LL SERV "U" GRITS WITH CHEESE.
fish

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#6 Jan 8, 2008
ZOWMAN wrote:
YEA, THATS A YANK FOR YA. COME TO CANES COUNTRY WE'LL SERV "U" GRITS WITH CHEESE.
Canes country? Heard that place is gone!
Bob

United States

#7 Jan 8, 2008
First, the buckeyes wanted Florida to secede from the union. Now they want Louisiana too.
Educated Alumni

United States

#8 Jan 8, 2008
Hats off to LSU for a great win.

Sorry to see OSU play in LA this year. Good program, but one or two recruits away from a National Championship.

BCS Bowl Games should be State or Field nuetral in the future.

Also, why not initiate a limited playoff system for the top 10 teams. You can still call them Bowl games, but winners move on. This eliminates the ranking issue for the true National Champion.

I am interested if the NCAA publishes graduation rates for the top 25 rated schools. How do the top ten rank as far as "students" graduating, on time or extended plan.
Pete

Clearwater, FL

#9 Jan 8, 2008
I know where you're going with this, Educated Alumni, so here's the info you want. I doubt it's what you expected to see.

Ohio State's football graduation rate was only 55%, which is below the Division-1 average of 66%, and below such schools as Florida (80%), Michigan (71%), Miami (68%), West Virginia (63%), and Tennessee (58%). LSU's graduation rate was only 49%, so you can take pride in that fact.

Another disturbing statistic: Ohio State graduates 85% of its white players and only 32% of its black players. This disparity is one of the widest in college football (if not THE widest). Can you blame the school? OSU can recruit free labor to bring dominance (of the regular season variety) to the football field, which translates into the almighty dollar. It just isn't Ohio State's problem. It's a problem in every major college football program today.
tough guy

Miami, FL

#10 Jan 8, 2008
OSU can't handle the SEC....nobody can!

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Los Angeles, CA

#11 Jan 8, 2008
Emotion can only take a team so far and after the adrenaline wore off the better team started to dominate.

OSU was not a great team to begin with.

They should be thankful for the invite, take their millions from the game, lick their wounds on the way home and shut the F' up.
Huh

Fort Myers, FL

#12 Jan 8, 2008
How many more BCS championship games are the Buckeyes going to be allowed to ruin? This would be like the NFL putting the 49ers in the Super Bowl against the Pats or Colts because of their name.
Dr K

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#13 Jan 8, 2008
fish wrote:
<quoted text>Canes country? Heard that place is gone!
See you in september, jagoff.
Dr C

United States

#14 Jan 8, 2008
Dr K wrote:
<quoted text>
See you in september, jagoff.
What the heck's going to be any different with the "Canes" in September?
Don Shula

Pompano Beach, FL

#15 Jan 8, 2008
I guess the SEC officially owns OSU now. What should they do with it?
fifi

Hollywood, FL

#16 Jan 8, 2008
The Buckeyes are the poster children for what a broken BCS. Twice, this third rate team has been put in the "national title" game, or what is sold as such. It was, again, trounced, this time by an above average but far from greatLSU team, which at best is the second beast SEC team and certainly not a top 5 squad.
fifi

Hollywood, FL

#17 Jan 8, 2008
Don Shula wrote:
I guess the SEC officially owns OSU now. What should they do with it?
lol! sell it for what it's worth? a bag of used beans.
jabroney

Charlotte, NC

#18 Jan 8, 2008
Having only one loss, how could you not put ohio state in that game. In theory, Ohio State could go every season undefeated or with one loss while most other top tier teams ahve one of 2 losses and continue to get into the big game and be completely unmatched against their opponent.
I'm quite certain the human vote will prevent that from happening.
jabroney

Charlotte, NC

#19 Jan 8, 2008
I hear on PTI today a 4-team playoff.. thoughts? I like it. another option would be n 8-team playoff system with each game representing each of the major bowl games. that would create an extra bowl game for the semi final and then the bcs title game to determine the national championship. that would allow for each of the quarterfinal games (the bcs bowl games) to still be afffiliated with their conferences...

thoughts?
Canes

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#20 Jan 8, 2008
I don't care how bad the Canes lost this year. It's damn fun watching OSU get spanked in the spotlight for the second year in a row.

Funny thing is, 90 percent of all Buckeye grads don't know what karma means lol lol lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brandon LaFell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NFL awards 32 compensatory picks to 14 teams Mar '15 Fake IP Land 1
News Patriots Score the Most Points Before the Half,... Mar '15 Wasted Boner 6
News Patriots sign tight end Scott Chandler to compl... Mar '15 BradyBonerz 10
News Rob Gronkowski is the MVP, not only of the Patr... Dec '14 Mensans with Diar... 10
News Patriots beat Chargers Dec '14 Tanked Johnson 3
News Patriots Beat: Pats should activate Rob Gronkow... Nov '14 Flatulence Fred 14
News 5 Bold Predictions For Lions vs. Patriots Nov '14 Flatulence Fred 5
More from around the web