Michigan in free fall from grace | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 20 comments on the Nov 17, 2009, Columbus Dispatch story titled Michigan in free fall from grace | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Michigan had just completed another second-half collapse Saturday against Wisconsin.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Tom D

AOL

#1 Nov 17, 2009
Can anyone explain what this headline has to do with this story? Not a bad story but the headline refers to only a couple of statements. The Dispatch alerts are frequently unrelated or misleading. Please try harder!
ODaized

Des Moines, IA

#2 Nov 17, 2009
Only chance Michigan has in this game is to fall down so they don't get knocked out.
GO GET EM BUCKS!!
Victor

Zanesfield, OH

#3 Nov 17, 2009
"The first day I got the job, someone gave me a 'Beat Ohio State' button," Rodriguez said. "I still have it on my desk.

"If you follow college football, you understand the rivalry. Just because I did not coach here before and did not play here and am not from the state of Michigan does not mean I don't understand the rivalry. Trust me, I understand the rivalry as well as any coach could possibly understand it."

Didn't John Cooper say the roughly same thing?
Doug

Warrington, PA

#4 Nov 17, 2009
With the exception of 2006....which may have been the greatest game in the history of this great rivalty....no game in recent memory worries me like this one.

Granted....OSU makes it to the Rose Bowl regardless...but we've never been set up for a loss like this game. Two emotional wins....more motivation for scUM...they have nothing to lose. If it is remotely possible for an OSU team to be FLAT against Michigan...it is this year. We'll see how it plays out.
Doug

Warrington, PA

#5 Nov 17, 2009
Victor wrote:
"The first day I got the job, someone gave me a 'Beat Ohio State' button," Rodriguez said. "I still have it on my desk.
"If you follow college football, you understand the rivalry. Just because I did not coach here before and did not play here and am not from the state of Michigan does not mean I don't understand the rivalry. Trust me, I understand the rivalry as well as any coach could possibly understand it."
Didn't John Cooper say the roughly same thing?
No, not as I recall. Hey, I like Coop. But his downfall was to say ..."it was just another game".
Buckeye

Columbus, OH

#6 Nov 17, 2009
Rich Rod has us right where he wants us.

DON'T LET UP BUCKEYES!!!!
cvgbuckeye

Cincinnati, OH

#7 Nov 17, 2009
I sat in the stadium at Ann Arbor during that 1969 debacle and it changed the way I look at college athletics from that day forward.
I had friends on that Buckeye Team, one being Dave Cheney, and an "Old Friend", Gary Moeller was on the other sideline.
If you can understand this, it was a horrible feeling, but at the same time, it was quite an experience to be a small part of such a significant historical moment in college football.
I always think of that game whenever the sportswriters world starts to spin a team as "Unbeatable" and "The greatest team in history".
Like the man said, "There ain't a horse that can't be rode, nor a man that can't be throwed".
HutchBuck

Garden City, KS

#8 Nov 17, 2009
Hope they have that up in the locker in Columbus alongside Forcier's comments about getting the scUM to a bowl: "OHIO STATE IS A VERY BEATABLE TEAM" ~RichRod. He's right of course. They have the tape to show it, and big "Mo" is on their side right now. Bucks better make them look slo-mo from start to finish and not let up for one second (like they did on the 99 yard kickoff return Saturday).

dean

Daphne, AL

#9 Nov 17, 2009
DRod understands the rivalry. He has a button. lol
bremenboy

Richwood, OH

#10 Nov 17, 2009
TresselBall in its purest form saturday.
AApilot ORD OSU 75

Crystal Lake, IL

#11 Nov 17, 2009
This will be a true test for the coaching staff and of the mettle of this team whether or not it stays focused enough to beat Michigan.

Go Bucks!
45has2

Panama City, FL

#12 Nov 17, 2009
JT aka "The Weasel Killer" is going to stuff DickRod's button down his throat.
Balzar Harry

Los Angeles, CA

#13 Nov 17, 2009
Free fall is about right. I had a buddy once who couldn't wait to rib me about John Cooper and the latest scUM win over OSU. Now his shoe is on the other foot and it's got dog crap on it.
Toledo Guy

Toledo, OH

#14 Nov 17, 2009
MI can't beat us if their offense can't get on the field. We know their defense won't be able to keep us out of the endzone. Again whoever runs better in this game will win. Pryor and Forcier won't make that much of a difference. OSU has been running the ball really well and Pryor has not thrown any interceptions the last 3 games.
Toledo Guy

Toledo, OH

#15 Nov 17, 2009
dean wrote:
DRod understands the rivalry. He has a button. lol
I wonder if it's one of those buttons that plays the MI fight song.
Arizona Buckeye

Scottsdale, AZ

#16 Nov 17, 2009
Fire up the grill, pass the mustard, relish, onions, and some more dead, stinky, bloated wolverine road kill meat!!! The thought of kicking them even harder while they are down and keeping them from becoming bowl eligible is just FANTASTIC!!! I want to pound them by 50 or more just to grind the salt into their open wounds. Nothing takes the arrogance out of a wolverine fan like a good ass kicking by THE Ohio State University Buckeyes!!!!

GO BUCKEYES!!!
Steve Hamilton

Swanton, OH

#17 Nov 17, 2009
Any team can beat any other team on any Saturday. My hope is that the Buckeyes reach the Top of the Pile and Beat Michigan again. I know they will not be over confident. When they win they will experience a joy which few have experienced and will remember for the rest of their lives. They will become a member of a fraturnity that lives on in the hearts and minds of their members, their school, and their fans.
Very Simply - GO BUCKS, BEAT MICHIGAN. Keep the tradition alive. They have done an outstanding job now finish the job off and WIN!
john zeisler

Columbus, OH

#18 Nov 17, 2009
This upcoming game will be like playing in a hornets nest...we better be ready to play for the entire game. UM is looking back to 1969....I hope we haven't forgotten either!
Kermit from Delphos

Bellefontaine, OH

#19 Nov 17, 2009
Just remember one thing. No animal is more dangerous then when it's wounded and backed in a corner. That worries me more then playing number 'two'. Get ready BUCKS! Put the animal out of it's misery.
rick

Newburgh, IN

#20 Nov 17, 2009
Nothing like this week and this game-regardless of the record coming into the game, it will be a great one. Especially when we tromp them into the turf at the Outhouse.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brandon Graham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Which Outside Linebacker Should Philadelphia Ea... Mar '15 Kellys Zeroes 1
News Buy into Chip's culture, or else Mar '15 God Dawg 3
News Philadelphia Eagles Fall Short Against New Orle... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Vick Hater 5
News Philadelphia Eagles Stats That Mattered in 2012 (Jan '13) Jan '13 Vick Hater 11
News Michael Vick Was Andy Reid's Worst Decision (Nov '12) Dec '12 Get-Out 8
News Eagles' Curry awaits his chance (Nov '12) Nov '12 Ted 1
News Falcons steamroll Eagles, 30-17 (Oct '12) Oct '12 Jim Evans Esq 2
More from around the web