Colts: Freeney out for the season

Colts: Freeney out for the season

There are 315 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Nov 14, 2007, titled Colts: Freeney out for the season. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Indianapolis Colts defensive end Dwight Freeney has a Lisfranc injury in his left foot that will require season-ending surgery, the team announced early this afternoon.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 16
Next Last
SRr

Duncan, OK

#1 Nov 14, 2007
Freeney come back soon! I hope you heal quickly, it won't be the same without you!
lovethemcolts

Boston, MA

#2 Nov 14, 2007
Can't believe Freeney is gone. we are toast. maybe survive round or 2 in the playoffs but forget getting by the Pats in January. Brady is still tough with a pass rush in his face, but with time to throw he is unbeatable.
dani

Anderson, IN

#3 Nov 14, 2007
praying for an easy surgery, a full recovery, and plenty of patience. :)
dms

Brooklyn, NY

#4 Nov 14, 2007
I Think we just have to many injuries to contend for a Title this year, I hope I'am wrong
Gary Varvel was right

Indianapolis, IN

#5 Nov 14, 2007
the Colts team bus is an ambulance. Oh the humanity. Calling Marvin Harrison, calling Marvin Harrison we need some offensive players because the defense won't be as stout.
Rich

Indianapolis, IN

#6 Nov 14, 2007
Injuries are part of the game and i think the defense is going to be fine. I'm more worried about the special teams than anything else. Our kickoff team has struggled for the last three years and it's time to address that area big time. Special teams cost us that game last week no matter how many interceptions Peyton threw.
Big E

Garland, TX

#7 Nov 14, 2007
I bet we still make the playoffs! Helluva loss though. Get well soon Dwayne!
DON KING

United States

#8 Nov 14, 2007
no worries Pony fans, no worries
cup cake schedule is coming up... vs middle school KC Chiefs,then falcons,jaguars,ravens,raiders ,texans..loose to Titans. Loose to Steelers...try again next year...
by the way Tom Brady wanted me to tell all Ponys fans , sorry about your luck... DK
ONLY IN AMERICA !
Rusty Bukettes

Camby, IN

#9 Nov 14, 2007
Well, poop!
out out

United States

#10 Nov 14, 2007
Turn out the lights, the party's over. When's the NFL draft?
Batboy

United States

#11 Nov 14, 2007
This changes our D big time.:( I don't see a repeat. Just my honest opinion. Freeney is a key to the Cover 2 which is built on getting heavy pressure from the front 4. Anybody the knows much about our D and it's system knows how much of a blow this is. Rice has some very very big shoes to fill, let's hope his desire and attitude are there for us!
colts refs

AOL

#12 Nov 14, 2007
i figured he would be gone..same thing happened to ty law and he was lost for year...patriots won SB w/ backup cbs that year..back to back ...it took law really over a year to recover
Greedy Genius

Indianapolis, IN

#13 Nov 14, 2007
Its time for the second and third stringers to step up. Freeney will greatly be missed but there is enough talent on this team to go deep into the playoffs.
Pat

Chicago, IL

#14 Nov 14, 2007
We are screwed big time..... Payton get you're shi! together, if you play like you did in Sundays game we all better just give up.
Reggie you have been my favorite for some time now. Good luck and take care, you will be missed by many.
northern IND-COLTS fan

Park Ridge, IL

#15 Nov 14, 2007
GOOD LUCK DWIGHT,ITS HARD TO LOSE ONE OF THE GREAT PLAYERS IN THE NFL.. SECT.312 ROCKS THE DOME... GOD SPEED YOUNG MAN...
Pat

Chicago, IL

#16 Nov 14, 2007
Sorry,
I meant to say Dwight not Reggie...
Bob

Indianapolis, IN

#17 Nov 14, 2007
Big E wrote:
I bet we still make the playoffs! Helluva loss though. Get well soon Dwayne!
You too Dwight!
northern IND-COLTS fan

Park Ridge, IL

#18 Nov 14, 2007
DON KING wrote:
no worries Pony fans, no worries
cup cake schedule is coming up... vs middle school KC Chiefs,then falcons,jaguars,ravens,raiders ,texans..loose to Titans. Loose to Steelers...try again next year...
by the way Tom Brady wanted me to tell all Ponys fans , sorry about your luck... DK
ONLY IN AMERICA !
GO VISIT VICK...
mr astute

Greenfield, IN

#19 Nov 14, 2007
Hey!--all of 'ya colts bandwagoners!---with this latest injury report---there is no reason to even think about going to New England in January-unless 'ya wanna see the Patriots beat up on the Steelers!--'cause an 11 and 5 season record aint gonna get you home field advantage! thanks again!
Earl Hickey

Indianapolis, IN

#20 Nov 14, 2007
Hey Pats fans...go circle jerk on your own message board.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 16
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brandon Archer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colts Linebackers Dropping Like Flies (Sep '08) Sep '08 Kieran 1
News Harrison de-activated for today's game (Nov '07) Nov '07 lastrep 7
News Harrison, Keiaho, Ugoh out for Colts (Oct '07) Oct '07 Patrick 3
News Will Harrison play? Maybe (Oct '07) Oct '07 Another SuperBowl 1
News Dungy a huge fan of Rose-Hulman site (Aug '07) Aug '07 Mckram 2
More from around the web