Holmgren Wanted An Experienced QB

Holmgren Wanted An Experienced QB

There are 16 comments on the WJW Fox 8 Cleveland story from Mar 15, 2010, titled Holmgren Wanted An Experienced QB. In it, WJW Fox 8 Cleveland reports that:

Mike Holmgren was looking for an experienced quarterback when the Carolina Panthers cut Jake Delhomme.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WJW Fox 8 Cleveland.

jason

Cleveland, OH

#1 Mar 15, 2010
i love what Holmgren is doing. Change,i know were have had alot of change but not from holmgren and delhomme is not are future QB which holmgren knows, so i cant wait to see which QB he picks up in the first three rounds of the draft which he will. Scott fujtia , peyton hillis are talented players who are nice addition, and who did we really lose for them. no one really.this team should be a real contender in a few years. CANT WAIT
Oops

Santa Clara, CA

#2 Mar 15, 2010
Holmgren Wanted An Experienced QB, and this is what he selected: 8 TD's and 18 INT's

Good job Holmgren, it only gets better with the lack of inexperienced WR's in Cleveland

ROFLMAO!

“We Have A Lot Of Work To Do”

Since: Feb 10

Brecksville

#3 Mar 16, 2010
jason wrote:
i love what Holmgren is doing. Change,i know were have had alot of change but not from holmgren and delhomme is not are future QB which holmgren knows, so i cant wait to see which QB he picks up in the first three rounds of the draft which he will. Scott fujtia , peyton hillis are talented players who are nice addition, and who did we really lose for them. no one really.this team should be a real contender in a few years. CANT WAIT
Well said. I agree 100%.
upyours

Milwaukee, WI

#4 Mar 16, 2010
he wanted Brent Farve, but brent is busy with another act in the ongoing saga : Brent Farve, "Jesus Christ Super Bowl "

or how to throw a whole season with one crappy pass !
omastats

Bedford, OH

#5 Mar 16, 2010
We am NOT happy with the Brady Qinn trade!!!! Here we go --- starting all over again!!!!!
Bullfarts

Houston, TX

#6 Mar 16, 2010
Oops wrote:
Holmgren Wanted An Experienced QB, and this is what he selected: 8 TD's and 18 INT's
Good job Holmgren, it only gets better with the lack of inexperienced WR's in Cleveland
ROFLMAO!
Well said...I agree 100%.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#7 Mar 16, 2010
I think Holmgreen read too many press clippings proclaiming him a czar. Although I was not sold on Quinn I was willing to see what he could with dedicated coaching and a full season and at $700K that's peanuts by NFL standards. Instead, we pick up a 35 year old Delhomme who is in the sunset of his career for $7 million.

I call this being fiscally irresponsible! To top that off it will set the team back another 2-4 years of searching for a quaterback that we won't be able to afford due to this nonsense.

“We Have A Lot Of Work To Do”

Since: Feb 10

Brecksville

#8 Mar 16, 2010
Noble One wrote:
I think Holmgreen read too many press clippings proclaiming him a czar. Although I was not sold on Quinn I was willing to see what he could with dedicated coaching and a full season and at $700K that's peanuts by NFL standards. Instead, we pick up a 35 year old Delhomme who is in the sunset of his career for $7 million.
I call this being fiscally irresponsible! To top that off it will set the team back another 2-4 years of searching for a quaterback that we won't be able to afford due to this nonsense.
If Quinn took more than 60% or 70% of the snaps for the Browns in his first three years, then he got an extra 5 or 6 million dollars as an incentive bonus.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#9 Mar 16, 2010
Concerned Clevelander wrote:
<quoted text>
If Quinn took more than 60% or 70% of the snaps for the Browns in his first three years, then he got an extra 5 or 6 million dollars as an incentive bonus.
This is true, but since he didn't meet the requirement the escalator didn't "kick in." The money the Browns are overpaying for Delhomme could be used for the numerous upcoming draft picks - unless he plans to trade those away too.

“We Have A Lot Of Work To Do”

Since: Feb 10

Brecksville

#10 Mar 17, 2010
Noble One wrote:
<quoted text>
This is true, but since he didn't meet the requirement the escalator didn't "kick in." The money the Browns are overpaying for Delhomme could be used for the numerous upcoming draft picks - unless he plans to trade those away too.
Absolutely the escalator didn't kick in, but if Brady was still around that would kick in this year for sure. With the uncapped year it looks like management has made the decision that they can spend a little bit more. We shouldn't have any problem signing our draft picks. I do wish we had not spent so much on Delhomme, but there really wasn't anyone else we could obtain via free agency that has at least a chance to succeed. Jake used the market against us, but the only other option was trading, and even then who do you trade for (that isn't asking for our first round pick)?
Spanky

AOL

#11 Mar 17, 2010
omastats wrote:
We am NOT happy with the Brady Qinn trade!!!! Here we go --- starting all over again!!!!!
You am crazy.
Bullfarts

Houston, TX

#12 Mar 17, 2010
Fake Delhomme

“We Have A Lot Of Work To Do”

Since: Feb 10

Brecksville

#13 Mar 17, 2010
Jake Delhomme

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#14 Mar 17, 2010
Concerned Clevelander wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely the escalator didn't kick in, but if Brady was still around that would kick in this year for sure. With the uncapped year it looks like management has made the decision that they can spend a little bit more. We shouldn't have any problem signing our draft picks. I do wish we had not spent so much on Delhomme, but there really wasn't anyone else we could obtain via free agency that has at least a chance to succeed. Jake used the market against us, but the only other option was trading, and even then who do you trade for (that isn't asking for our first round pick)?
Jake definitely used the market against us. Overall, good points and we will see how things progress.

“We Have A Lot Of Work To Do”

Since: Feb 10

Brecksville

#15 Mar 17, 2010
Noble One wrote:
<quoted text>
Jake definitely used the market against us. Overall, good points and we will see how things progress.
Yeah, I'm looking forward to the draft this year.
Bullfarts

Houston, TX

#16 Mar 22, 2010
Fake Delhomme

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brady Quinn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Brady Quinn makes donation to Warrior grid program (Apr '12) Dec '16 Skip Turkovich 4
News Oakland Raiders: Early Rumor Indicates DE-David... (Aug '13) Aug '13 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 1
News Seattle Seahawks: Tarvaris Jackson Will Beat Br... (Jun '13) Jun '13 viking nation 5
News Seattle To Bring In Four Veteran Passers For a ... (Apr '13) Apr '13 neil 3
News Will the Chiefs take a developmental quarterback? (Apr '13) Apr '13 The Cassell Castle 2
News Craig Glazer: Kansas City Chiefs Continue to Di... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Jim Columbia Mo 4
News Should Jets Consider Adding Brady Quinn To QB C... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Muscle Milk FAIL 2