Anderson back at quarterback for Browns | The Columbus Dispatch

Derek Anderson will replace Brady Quinn and start at quarterback for the Cleveland Browns on Sunday against Cincinnati. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Dan

Columbus, OH

#1 Sep 30, 2009
Quinn sucks. He'll be trying to hawk cars or insurance back in Dublin at some point.
The New Lions

Columbus, OH

#2 Sep 30, 2009
It won't matter who's at QB. The team hates Mangini. They quit.
BuckeyeBill

Columbus, OH

#3 Sep 30, 2009
Let's face it, the quarterback situation is only a tiny, tiny part of the Browns problems. It's a horrible operation from front office on down.
SteveVC

Dublin, OH

#4 Sep 30, 2009
Quinn was short-changed by not getting enough preseason reps. Mangini tried to keep everybody in the dark on the starter and it ended up costing Quinn a chance to settle in and develop rapport with the team.

He might not be the guy, but it looks like Mangini set him up to fail. Now he's taking the blame for the problems Mangini's ego has caused. Sorry, but Derek Anderson turns the ball over more frequently, can't throw underneath and doesn't scramble as well as Quinn. I fail to see how he's a better option.
CSD

Columbus, OH

#5 Sep 30, 2009
Nope. Wrong again Mangini. The Browns stink.
Really

Columbus, OH

#6 Sep 30, 2009
Quinn may not be what he was sold to be, but Mangini needs to go!!! Just ask the Jets.
Terrible decision

Ellicott City, MD

#7 Sep 30, 2009
It's hardly the quarterback that the Browns suck so so so bad, mangina, front office and the O-line for starters. Maybe with Quinn and Anderson it is 6 in one half dozen in the other but Quinn hardly got a fair shake, best thing that can happen is he gets traded to an organization that does not historically always such the high hard one...Browns fans pick a new team and you will be happier, or become a fan of the WNBA because that is what the Browns look like-a girls basketball team.
LOL

Westerville, OH

#8 Sep 30, 2009
Really wrote:
Quinn may not be what he was sold to be, but Mangini needs to go!!! Just ask the Jets.
Agree 100% Mangini is a terrible coach who should never have been hired after his horrible stint with the Jets.
timmy

United States

#9 Sep 30, 2009
Fire the Coach !
SteveVC

Dublin, OH

#10 Sep 30, 2009
timmy wrote:
Fire the Coach !
No way Lerner pulls the trigger on firing Mangini in the next three years. He'd lose face and get stuck eating that contract. Mangini will remain with the team for the duration of his contract and the Browns will have to start from square one when a new regime comes to town.
Will

Columbus, OH

#11 Sep 30, 2009
I canít believe the Browns are worse now than they were in í99. Talk about a lost decade.
Randy Lerner needs to sell the team to someone who cares.
Cleve Sucks

Columbus, OH

#12 Sep 30, 2009
Will wrote:
I canít believe the Browns are worse now than they were in í99. Talk about a lost decade.
Randy Lerner needs to sell the team to someone who cares.
Are you saying Art Model was better?
Bo Dark

Pickerington, OH

#13 Sep 30, 2009
SteveVC wrote:
<quoted text>
No way Lerner pulls the trigger on firing Mangini in the next three years. He'd lose face and get stuck eating that contract. Mangini will remain with the team for the duration of his contract and the Browns will have to start from square one when a new regime comes to town.
Mangini for three more years? Then it's time to put away the "old team" and the old way of thinking about quarterbacks. Ratliff is Mangini"s quarterback and Ratliff needs to get in there to show what he can do as a team leader and game manager.
(Well, I hope so.)
KlD

Columbus, OH

#14 Sep 30, 2009
Cleveland sucks. It starts with the ownership and goes down. They're embarrassing. Mangini didn't give Quinn much of a chance either. It doesn't matter who is behind center the whole team stinks.
John Moriarty

Iraq

#15 Sep 30, 2009
Anderson throws three picks and now he is the starter? What did he do last year? Nothing. Mangini (or maybe we should call him Mangina) is an IDIOT.
wondering

Columbus, OH

#16 Sep 30, 2009
What a waste of resources by Mangini. His ego is getting in the way of a decent team. The feeling is that the team does not care anymore. Might be best for Brady to trade somewhere that an o line can protect him. .... sad.... Brady was a great fan base addition but the crowds know when they are being fooled by management.
tem31

Salem, NH

#17 Sep 30, 2009
Well, lets see how this will work. The Browns better beat Cincinnati this week or else we might of well get ready for the Blue Jackets season.
Nonplussed

Columbus, OH

#18 Sep 30, 2009
Mangini's a moron. The Browns have been without a solid offense because the coaches keep waffling who's the leader. How can an offense gel as a team when they have no idea who their leader is? You pull the starter because he throws one INT, and put in his backup who throws three INT's then name him starter?

time to find another team to watch. I see the Jets are doing well. I wonder what that's all about?
LOL

Westerville, OH

#19 Sep 30, 2009
The sad thing is even if the ownership admits that hiring Mangini is the worst HR decision in the history of Professional sports (after Ted Turner coaching the Braves himself), they will just replace him with Charlie Brown.
Ghostryder

Galloway, OH

#20 Sep 30, 2009
I think the Browns will have the first pick next April. Hmmm, should they take Tebow? Bradford maybe? There will be a lot of good QB`s coming out next year. Cut Anderson, trade Quinn to the Bengals. He can sit the bench down there just as easily, and Ohio can keep their Hero home. The Clowns can bring in a new face, teach it the Man Genius Methodology and let him play his way to the bench. One player can`t make a difference, whereas one coach, one front office, or one owner can. Thats why Cleveland sucks. Cleveland has great, die-hard fans that deserve a winner, but won`t be getting it with the current regime. Go STEELERS !!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brady Quinn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Oakland Raiders: Early Rumor Indicates DE-David... (Aug '13) Aug '13 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 1
Seattle Seahawks: Tarvaris Jackson Will Beat Br... (Jun '13) Jun '13 viking nation 5
Seattle To Bring In Four Veteran Passers For a ... (Apr '13) Apr '13 neil 3
Will the Chiefs take a developmental quarterback? (Apr '13) Apr '13 The Cassell Castle 2
Craig Glazer: Kansas City Chiefs Continue to Di... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Jim Columbia Mo 4
Should Jets Consider Adding Brady Quinn To QB C... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Muscle Milk FAIL 2
Chiefs chairman Hunt looks forward to next season (Feb '13) Feb '13 milwaukee69 3

Brady Quinn People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE