Walsh | ThisWeek Sports

Full story: ThisWeek Community Newspapers

Followers of central Ohio high school football likely will be watching with curiosity to see what the area's finest quarterback factory will produce next.
Comments
1 - 6 of 6 Comments Last updated May 8, 2011
REALIST

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2011

Judged:

If Coffman wants to compete, they need to inject some new plays into the offensive scheme. It's the same plays year-in-year-out. What about a 2 back set? That's how Hilliard Davidson ran all over them. I think Walsh will be a better QB than Stoudt because of his mobility. They might go 6-5 next season. If so, will we see some sort of change in the coaching staff?
The Boss

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2011

Judged:

With the way Westerville South and Davidson ran down their throats, it is a bit disappointing that Crabtree would wonder, outloud, how much improvement can be made via the weightroom. It appears that 'denial' is a River that runs through Dublin, Ohio.
Crabman

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2011

Judged:

Crabtree did say, "We, of course, want to be a little stronger and get bigger in the weight room.....",
I think he was merely stating that building consistency is a higher priority, relatively speaking, based on the young players filling in some big shoes.
Importance of strength becomes somewhat limited with size limitations, and I'm not sure if the Shamrocks can go toe-to-toe with those corn fed farm boyz at Hilliard.
Shamrock's forte has been speed and intelligence, which are I think greater compensation for versatile threat.
REALIST

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2011

Crabtree will never change. As long as Coffman wins 7-8 games, Coffman will keep him around. When will parents and supporters get fed up with not winning the whole thing? Funny quote in the story about Brady Quinn! He's so far down the bench that the coach has to send him a text message when it's time for him to go in!

Lack of size means a lot of punishment coming for next years team.
The Boss

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2011

Crabman wrote:
Shamrock's forte has been speed and intelligence, which are I think greater compensation for versatile threat.
Did you witness the Pick Central scrimmage last year? I swear to God it looked like a college team against a bunch of H.S. freshmen. When the Coffman D first took the field, I thought to myself, "Why I'd rush over here, they're starting with the JVs first". Then I saw the monsters from Central take the field and I realized it was actually both teams' varsities. No wonder Coffman cancelled this year's scrimmage with Pick Central. Last year's game was honestly embarrassing. The Coffman kids need to get in the weightroom. Period. No qualifiers. No rationalization.
Reynoldsburg Raider

Pickerington, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2011

Coffman is goin to be state contenders this year they are loaded with talent 2012 class especially will put on a show this year look out for Coffman .......

Im a football player at reynoldsburg look out for starting safety #5 Tre Scott hes gonna have a huge year ......

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Brady Quinn Discussions

Search the Brady Quinn Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Oakland Raiders: Early Rumor Indicates DE-David... (Aug '13) Aug '13 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 1
Seattle Seahawks: Tarvaris Jackson Will Beat Br... (Jun '13) Jun '13 viking nation 5
Seattle To Bring In Four Veteran Passers For a ... (Apr '13) Apr '13 neil 3
Will the Chiefs take a developmental quarterback? (Apr '13) Apr '13 The Cassell Castle 2
Craig Glazer: Kansas City Chiefs Continue to Di... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Jim Columbia Mo 4
Should Jets Consider Adding Brady Quinn To QB C... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Muscle Milk FAIL 2
Chiefs chairman Hunt looks forward to next season (Feb '13) Feb '13 milwaukee69 3
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••