NFL notebook: Reports mixed on Quinn'...

NFL notebook: Reports mixed on Quinn's status | The Columbus Di...

There are 19 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Mar 11, 2010, titled NFL notebook: Reports mixed on Quinn's status | The Columbus Di.... In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Despite an ESPN report that the Cleveland Browns are shopping quarterback Brady Quinn, an NFL source told The Plain Dealer yesterday that the team has not "actively tried to trade" the Dublin native.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

Will

Columbus, OH

#1 Mar 11, 2010
So Cleveland is now the destination of choice for NFL has-beens and never-were's at QB? Great. Just what we need. Get a few wins under our belt at the end of the year, then completely disasemble the team and bring in some nonentities to start the new season.

THAT'S really going to work. What's the use of getting rid of Anderson if all you do is bring in Delhomme? Or some backup from the GM's old team?

I'm already worried.
Linebacker57

Cleveland, OH

#2 Mar 11, 2010
People need to realize half of the Browns fans had been waiting anxiously for Quinn to play after hearing "experts" proclaim him to be their savior in waiting. When DA went down and Brady stepped on the field, nobody was cheering because DA was injured - they were cheering because Brady was finally getting to play. True, that's splitting hairs, but the Cleveland fans are getting a bum rap being accused of cheering about an injury.

“We Have A Lot Of Work To Do”

Since: Feb 10

Brecksville

#3 Mar 11, 2010
Will wrote:
So Cleveland is now the destination of choice for NFL has-beens and never-were's at QB? Great. Just what we need. Get a few wins under our belt at the end of the year, then completely disasemble the team and bring in some nonentities to start the new season.
THAT'S really going to work. What's the use of getting rid of Anderson if all you do is bring in Delhomme? Or some backup from the GM's old team?
I'm already worried.
DA sucked. We got Wallace because he can teach the west coast offense to whatever QB we want. You need someone with knowledge of the new offense to teach it. Wallace is cheaper than DA would have been by a large amount, but can still scramble and give us a better backup. Make no mistake, Wallace is a backup, not a starter.

If we bring in Jake, he will be a starter for one year while we transition and teach a new QB. I see Jake as better than Quinn or Wallace or DA, so I'm fine with him coming in. I like the direction we're going and I'm not worried in the slightest.

Brecksville

#4 Mar 11, 2010
Linebacker57 wrote:
People need to realize half of the Browns fans had been waiting anxiously for Quinn to play after hearing "experts" proclaim him to be their savior in waiting. When DA went down and Brady stepped on the field, nobody was cheering because DA was injured - they were cheering because Brady was finally getting to play. True, that's splitting hairs, but the Cleveland fans are getting a bum rap being accused of cheering about an injury.
Agreed. But we have a reputation of being rough fans. Remember the batteries flying out of the Dog Pound back in the games against Cincy? Or more recently the beer bottles against the refs during the Jacksonville game? We kinda made our bed on this one, but I agree that everyone kinda assumed instead of looking into it.
hahah

Lancaster, OH

#5 Mar 11, 2010
Browns dont make sense, they are going to take Delhomme which is the same as DA?(probably a lot worse) The only reason I see them drafting Delhomme is to partner and assist Quinn. If they get rid of Quinn I will lose all respect for Cleveland, for they have not given him a fair shot. Get a Guard and Tackle for the Right side, get a CB and Safety, pick up a WR in FA, Grab another ILB or OLB (a mean nasty one).. nobody expects a miracle in 2010 from the Lowly Browns, but starting Delhomme will be a total waste of brain cells on the part of Walrus Holmgren. Get Sam Bradford, Colt McCoy and I can understand you getting rid of Quinn, otherwise you are an Ego Trippin hallucinating Walrus.
hahah

Lancaster, OH

#6 Mar 11, 2010
Trent Dilfer
Jeff Garcia

Been there done that... now your going to start Delhomme (you heard it here).

Brecksville

#7 Mar 11, 2010
hahah wrote:
Browns dont make sense, they are going to take Delhomme which is the same as DA?(probably a lot worse) The only reason I see them drafting Delhomme is to partner and assist Quinn. If they get rid of Quinn I will lose all respect for Cleveland, for they have not given him a fair shot. Get a Guard and Tackle for the Right side, get a CB and Safety, pick up a WR in FA, Grab another ILB or OLB (a mean nasty one).. nobody expects a miracle in 2010 from the Lowly Browns, but starting Delhomme will be a total waste of brain cells on the part of Walrus Holmgren. Get Sam Bradford, Colt McCoy and I can understand you getting rid of Quinn, otherwise you are an Ego Trippin hallucinating Walrus.
I didn't think anyone would seriously think that the Browns would get rid of Quinn, sign Jake, and expect their quarterback problems to be solved.

The whole argument for signing Jake and getting rid of Quinn is so we can draft a QB of the future to learn from Jake how to be a QB and learn from Wallace the west coast offense.
Mitch

Cleveland, OH

#8 Mar 11, 2010
hahah wrote:
Quinn had more than a shot. I know you probably think he's great because he's from C-bus, but the truth is he pretty much sucked. There was a reason he dropped like a stone on draft day. The Browns will get rid of him. Also, Concerned Clevelander is right...Jake would be brought in to help during the transition period for the QB of the future.
Bullfarts

United States

#9 Mar 11, 2010
And to think someone though Holmgren would fix the Browns
Bullfarts

United States

#10 Mar 11, 2010
thought
Jeff Foxworthy

Dayton, OH

#12 Mar 11, 2010
Quinn was already out for the season in the game when Anderson's injury was cheered - so that excuse is wrong.
jsixis

Grove City, OH

#13 Mar 11, 2010
Senaca Wallace has a 60% completion rate and an 89 QB rating in backing up Hasselback.
Those are better numbers then Quinn or Anderson.

With no players contract I see no reason to draft a QB who will want 30-50 million before he takes a snap.

As for Quinn, lets see, Shaun Smith smacked him in the mouth, Quinn got in trouble down here during the off season. Seems like Quinn may be hiding an attitude problem and that is a great reason to get rid of him. He also bulked up and if you study football and baseball people who bulk up always lose their control.
I was a Brady Quinn fan but last year his throws were all over the place, most were too high.

As for Derek Anderson, I hope you do get to start against us. We will defend you like other teams did. Double the deep threat and let you over throw the guys 5 yards away or take a sack. We will be rolling you.

I'm trusting Holgrem. As for browns fans on the message boards. You all need to actually learn how football is played.
hahah

Lancaster, OH

#14 Mar 11, 2010
Mitch wrote:
<quoted text>
Quinn had more than a shot. I know you probably think he's great because he's from C-bus, but the truth is he pretty much sucked. There was a reason he dropped like a stone on draft day. The Browns will get rid of him. Also, Concerned Clevelander is right...Jake would be brought in to help during the transition period for the QB of the future.
Nope im not in love with Quinn really, I just think there is other areas to address besides QB first. I actually thought DA was the better of the two, it could have went either way in 2008 with DA (I thought he was the new Tom Brady). Im thinking if you already got Quinn they should see what they got with another 16 straight starts (if he lasts without injury). If I was calling the shots, I would let the young man have 1 more season and work on the defensive side and add some offensive tackles on the right hand side. I thought getting rid of Winslow was a mistake, I can see why on Stonehand Edwards why, but Winslow was "A Soldier"! he'll play with a dislocated shoulder! Quinn is bulky because I don't know what, I heard stories from around the way when he was in HS as to why he got to freakishly huge so quick, but he simply could be dedicated I won't fall for the stories. Im just tired of waiting through the circus of QBs. I guess I wanted to see Quinn one last time to say.. "ok well maybe he isnt the answer". Right now I feel like he hasn't had a proper assesment, so if they trade him I hope it is Bradford or McCoy OR Tebow late in the round if its possible to avoid the high price tag, I think Tebow is the one Holmgren is drooling over to be honest. We'll see.

Brecksville

#15 Mar 12, 2010
hahah wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope im not in love with Quinn really, I just think there is other areas to address besides QB first. I actually thought DA was the better of the two, it could have went either way in 2008 with DA (I thought he was the new Tom Brady). Im thinking if you already got Quinn they should see what they got with another 16 straight starts (if he lasts without injury). If I was calling the shots, I would let the young man have 1 more season and work on the defensive side and add some offensive tackles on the right hand side. I thought getting rid of Winslow was a mistake, I can see why on Stonehand Edwards why, but Winslow was "A Soldier"! he'll play with a dislocated shoulder! Quinn is bulky because I don't know what, I heard stories from around the way when he was in HS as to why he got to freakishly huge so quick, but he simply could be dedicated I won't fall for the stories. Im just tired of waiting through the circus of QBs. I guess I wanted to see Quinn one last time to say.. "ok well maybe he isnt the answer". Right now I feel like he hasn't had a proper assesment, so if they trade him I hope it is Bradford or McCoy OR Tebow late in the round if its possible to avoid the high price tag, I think Tebow is the one Holmgren is drooling over to be honest. We'll see.
Winslow was a soldier. The only problem with seeing Quinn one last time is if we do that and decide he isn't right, then we lose the rest of any trade value he has left. People can still be undecided right now and say he hasn't played enough, but I think it's pretty clear that he's not going to be a legendary QB any time soon.

I have no idea who Holmgren has his eyes on, but I know that he is going to be drafting a QB. I hope it's someone no one saw coming, but we'll see.
daveconnerySr

Oceanside, CA

#16 Mar 15, 2010
Congratulations Ben (Hartsock)!! I've never understood why teams haven't utilized you more in their passing game - you've always had great hands. You were a treat to watch at Unioto and a sharp kid in the classroom. I know you grew up a Browns fan, and I hope you can come to Cleveland [and if not, then to San Diego {my 2nd most favorite team since I've lived here since 2000}] to close out your career. Go TANKS! Go BUCKS! Go BROWNS!(and yes...Go JETS!) God Bless, Dave Sr. [email protected]
Brobama 08

Grove City, OH

#17 Mar 16, 2010
Concerned Clevelander wrote:
<quoted text>
DA sucked. We got Wallace because he can teach the west coast offense to whatever QB we want. You need someone with knowledge of the new offense to teach it. Wallace is cheaper than DA would have been by a large amount, but can still scramble and give us a better backup. Make no mistake, Wallace is a backup, not a starter.
If we bring in Jake, he will be a starter for one year while we transition and teach a new QB. I see Jake as better than Quinn or Wallace or DA, so I'm fine with him coming in. I like the direction we're going and I'm not worried in the slightest.
I agree with your assessment.Holmgren is a winner and is assembling the right parts to get it done.

Brady Quinn will never be a franchise QB in the NFL.His college numbers were inflated by the pathetically weak schedule ND plays every year.He was exposed in the big boy league.He's been punched in the face by teamates so he lacks leadership qualities.
Can anyone imagine a teamate taking a swing at Brady,Manning or Favre.

Brecksville

#18 Mar 16, 2010
Brobama 08 wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with your assessment.Holmgren is a winner and is assembling the right parts to get it done.
Brady Quinn will never be a franchise QB in the NFL.His college numbers were inflated by the pathetically weak schedule ND plays every year.He was exposed in the big boy league.He's been punched in the face by teamates so he lacks leadership qualities.
Can anyone imagine a teamate taking a swing at Brady,Manning or Favre.
That player would be off the team faster than they could say "sorry". And they would probably get jumped by half the team first.
Bullfarts

United States

#19 Mar 16, 2010
...in the shower room

Brecksville

#20 Mar 16, 2010
...whatever floats your boat.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brady Quinn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Oakland Raiders: Early Rumor Indicates DE-David... (Aug '13) Aug '13 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 1
News Seattle Seahawks: Tarvaris Jackson Will Beat Br... (Jun '13) Jun '13 viking nation 5
News Seattle To Bring In Four Veteran Passers For a ... (Apr '13) Apr '13 neil 3
News Will the Chiefs take a developmental quarterback? (Apr '13) Apr '13 The Cassell Castle 2
News Craig Glazer: Kansas City Chiefs Continue to Di... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Jim Columbia Mo 4
News Should Jets Consider Adding Brady Quinn To QB C... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Muscle Milk FAIL 2
News Chiefs chairman Hunt looks forward to next season (Feb '13) Feb '13 milwaukee69 3
More from around the web