Report: Brady Quinn Traded to Broncos

Report: Brady Quinn Traded to Broncos

There are 24 comments on the WJW Fox 8 Cleveland story from Mar 14, 2010, titled Report: Brady Quinn Traded to Broncos. In it, WJW Fox 8 Cleveland reports that:

Jay Glazer, with Fox Sports, is reporting that Brady Quinn has been traded to the Denver Broncos.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WJW Fox 8 Cleveland.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
disapointed

Elyria, OH

#1 Mar 14, 2010
After all the quarterbacks we've gone through, someone has to finally see that they cann't all be bad. Our coaches dont have what it takes to teach or properly coach them. I still believe the NFL rear ended the cleveland fans with fart modell. If something great doesn't happen this year, I will be cheering for another team in the future. I feel bad for the players who've been caught in the middle, I've been a fan for 45 yrs.
Jeanne V

Canton, OH

#2 Mar 14, 2010
Brady deserves a team that will appreciate his talent! I watched him play while at Notre Dame and he was awesome. Too bad Cleveland never gave him a chance. I guess I will start rooting for Denver.
A Brady Quinn fan forever!!

“We Have A Lot Of Work To Do”

Since: Feb 10

Brecksville

#3 Mar 15, 2010
Jeanne V wrote:
Brady deserves a team that will appreciate his talent! I watched him play while at Notre Dame and he was awesome. Too bad Cleveland never gave him a chance. I guess I will start rooting for Denver.
Look, Brady Quinn is a great guy, but he's not the answer at QB. Sure he played well at Notre Dame, but anyone could have played well with the receivers that Quinn had at his disposal. That was a case of the receivers making the Quarterback look good. Anyways, he had his chances and still was throwing passes that hit our receivers in the feet. I don't care how bad your receivers are, if passes hit them in the feet it's the fault of the quarterback. I love the direction we're going right now and I love the firesale of all the wasted first round draft pick players. It's about time we get rid of the trash.
Bullfarts

Houston, TX

#4 Mar 15, 2010
Neither is Seneca Wallace or Fake Delhomme

Brecksville

#5 Mar 15, 2010
Bullfarts wrote:
Neither is Seneca Wallace or Fake Delhomme
Which is why we're drafting our QB. Read the post instead of just spitting out one liners.
Nancy

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#6 Mar 15, 2010
Quinn was a waste from the draft on!! Bartel was the better of the Quarterbacks!!!
He wasn't happy footed like Quinn or Anderson I seriously doubt if either makes it on another team, too many interceptions and to inacurate!!!
Debra

United States

#7 Mar 15, 2010
Why is everyone so upset about the Browns. I have been watching the Browns since I was 12 years old, I am now 58. We have not had a good quarterback since Brian Sipes. Bernie was a joke on the field, he was afraid of the opposing team. When he was on the verge of getting tackled he would just sit down. LOL
Debra from Cleveland

United States

#8 Mar 15, 2010
Why is everyone so upset about the Browns. I have been watching the Browns since I was 12 years old, I am now 58. We have not had a good quarterback since Brian Sipes. Bernie was a joke on the field, he was afraid of the opposing team. When he was on the verge of getting tackled he would just sit down. LOL I'm not from Hartford, Ct.
Debra from Cleveland

United States

#9 Mar 15, 2010
Jeanne V wrote:
He would still be here if he could play. LOL
Al cleveland

AOL

#10 Mar 15, 2010
Brady couldn't scramble, He couldn't run the football, he was not accurate. As his record shows his ability was not close to that of the NFL top quarterbacks. He was prone to injury. The decision was a good one.
Oops

Santa Clara, CA

#11 Mar 15, 2010
Concerned Clevelander wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is why we're drafting our QB. Read the post instead of just spitting out one liners.
That is the answer. Draft another young QB and watch him get pummeled after Jake Delhomme is benched for tossing INT's.
Please come back with a Seneca Wallace comment, need the laugh.
Oops

Santa Clara, CA

#12 Mar 15, 2010
Al cleveland wrote:
Brady couldn't scramble, He couldn't run the football, he was not accurate. As his record shows his ability was not close to that of the NFL top quarterbacks. He was prone to injury. The decision was a good one.
And Delhomme couldnt win a Super Bowl so you ditch one clown and added another.

Brecksville

#13 Mar 16, 2010
Oops wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the answer. Draft another young QB and watch him get pummeled after Jake Delhomme is benched for tossing INT's.
Please come back with a Seneca Wallace comment, need the laugh.
Senaca Wallace is a backup, that's all. Delhomme might implode and throw tons of INT's, or he might rebound with the change of scenery and play decently well. Either way, one of those two guys will be playing. Holmgren has enough credibility that the fans won't be demanding the rookie QB we draft to play right away. And yeah, that is the answer. There is no one else available that can fill this need, and anyone halfway decent that we could trade for are either inexperienced or require a king's ransom. I'm very happy with our QB situation so far. Jake and Wallace are better than Anderson and Quinn.

Brecksville

#14 Mar 16, 2010
disapointed wrote:
After all the quarterbacks we've gone through, someone has to finally see that they cann't all be bad. Our coaches dont have what it takes to teach or properly coach them. I still believe the NFL rear ended the cleveland fans with fart modell. If something great doesn't happen this year, I will be cheering for another team in the future. I feel bad for the players who've been caught in the middle, I've been a fan for 45 yrs.
At least the ownership actually is trying to help us win and is willing to spend money to make it happen. The Browns aren't being cheap like the Indians and cleaning house just to save a few bucks. Did you know they're still having promotional days where they give out Victor Martinez and Cliff Lee bobbleheads? They're so cheap, they won't even pay for new bobbleheads to be made of current players.

Yes we were screwed over by Art running away to Baltimore. Everyone brought in to run the Browns since then has sucked bigtime. The entire selection process was a joke and we've paid for it. Now, finally, it seems like we're getting our act together. All of us are frustrated, but at least we can see the light at the end of the tunnel. This rebuilding project will be the last one that a lot of fans will put up with. I happen to like where it is going so far and I feel it will succeed. Playoffs within 3 years, Super Bowl contention within 5.
some one

Columbia, MO

#15 Mar 16, 2010
In my opinion this was the best move Denver could have made. A 6th round pick for a QB who was called a bust before he ever had a chance. I’m glad Quinn is out of Cleveland maybe now he can grow as a QB in the NFL and show all the doubters in Cleveland he can play like he did in Notre Dame.

As for the Browns picking up Jake Delhomme that’s why some teams never win they recycle old QB and expect them to play like they did in their prime. Delhomme and Wallace is not the answer to the browns problems it’s a band aide to the real problem. The browns should have kept one of their young QB and went and got some off linemen. Last I ceked it’s hard to throw the football when you are picking you self up off the ground every down and you have no running game to help the QB’s out.
Bullfarts

Houston, TX

#16 Mar 16, 2010
And there it is

Brecksville

#17 Mar 16, 2010
some one wrote:
In my opinion this was the best move Denver could have made. A 6th round pick for a QB who was called a bust before he ever had a chance. I’m glad Quinn is out of Cleveland maybe now he can grow as a QB in the NFL and show all the doubters in Cleveland he can play like he did in Notre Dame.
As for the Browns picking up Jake Delhomme that’s why some teams never win they recycle old QB and expect them to play like they did in their prime. Delhomme and Wallace is not the answer to the browns problems it’s a band aide to the real problem. The browns should have kept one of their young QB and went and got some off linemen. Last I ceked it’s hard to throw the football when you are picking you self up off the ground every down and you have no running game to help the QB’s out.
It's even harder to throw the football when you stink as a quarterback. Delhomme will waste a year or two and our new QB that we draft will fill in.

And with our 11 or 12 picks, I'm sure we'll be able to grab a great offensive lineman. I lost track of how many picks we have.

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#18 Mar 16, 2010
Who do you think they will draft?

Brecksville

#19 Mar 16, 2010
Pitypat wrote:
Who do you think they will draft?
That's actually a really hard thing to say for sure. Even if Holmgren knew he wouldn't say. All I know is his track record indicates he never drafted anyone higher than the third round. Most of the big name players would be gone by then, so it might be someone that comes from a smaller school but still has what Holmgren is looking for. I know things in there are intelligence and accuracy, but I'm not sure on the rest. At the very least, I'd say that anyone Holmgren is very interested in he will not talk about. He'll lie and say he likes someone else to throw people off. The organization has been pretty secretive so far, and I really like that actually. We'll see where it goes.

Sorry since that really doesn't answer your question at all, but I haven't looked extensively at the smaller-name QB's.
some one

Branson, MO

#20 Mar 16, 2010
no the browns will draft some run and gun QB like vince young and claim he will save the browns

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brady Quinn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Brady Quinn makes donation to Warrior grid program (Apr '12) Dec '16 Skip Turkovich 4
News Oakland Raiders: Early Rumor Indicates DE-David... (Aug '13) Aug '13 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 1
News Seattle Seahawks: Tarvaris Jackson Will Beat Br... (Jun '13) Jun '13 viking nation 5
News Seattle To Bring In Four Veteran Passers For a ... (Apr '13) Apr '13 neil 3
News Will the Chiefs take a developmental quarterback? (Apr '13) Apr '13 The Cassell Castle 2
News Craig Glazer: Kansas City Chiefs Continue to Di... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Jim Columbia Mo 4
News Should Jets Consider Adding Brady Quinn To QB C... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Muscle Milk FAIL 2
More from around the web