New Vikings Bernard Berrian, Jared Allen make an impact in exhi...

Full story: TwinCities.com

Vikings fans got their first look at the team's expensive new offseason additions Friday night, and Bernard Berrian didn't disappoint.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 12 of12
13thStep

Stillwater, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2008

Judged:

It's preseason and didn't mean much, so I hope fans stay sensible. But the defense came out looking like the Pass-D we're used to, getting thrown on left and right at will. On the bright side Tarvaris looked sharp without AD even touching the ball and there was signs of creativity with the play-action and bootlegs.

I don't see how Allen made an impact though.He looked like a guy...playing a preseason game with a big paycheck in his pocket. It will be fun to watch this unit progress towards the regular season. Tonight our D looked pretty off.
alien

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2008

Judged:

Allen looked VERY ordinary and kinda skinny for a DE..it's only preseason tho
jeb

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2008

Judged:

four fumbles made it difficult to really make judgments on the team performance. the first team defense looked somewhat porous without PW or Robison starting. Jarred Allen was causing problems, but the rest of the line did not hold up well. Morris ran all over them and hasselbeck (and wallace) did very well finding open receivers even under pressure. the did hold the hawks to a field goal after the first fumble by shainco (sp.) our pass defense was also not as improved as i had hoped to see, but without our full Dline, we were not getting a whole lot of pressure. we seemed to be playing more man coverage than usual, and were getting burned on it at points. Tynell Johnson looked good and NFL ready. Tavi looked solid and, as mentioned, threw on pretty much every down that he was in. made two pretty poor throws, but besides that he did well moving in the pocket and making playes when forced outside. his decision making was quick and seemingly confident and in all except those mentioned made the best throw possible for the situation. Gus only played one series, i think, but looked like gus and that was pretty good. Bollinger, i know a lot of people like, but he is really just not good. he still has the dear in the headlights look and is completely skittish in the pocket. did not make very good throws. booty was pretty good but looked like a rookie. he had a fumble and an interception, both of which were rookie mistakes, but besides that he played well and looked pretty comfortable with the offense. about all i can think of for now. injuries also were a factor.
major

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2008

Judged:

Haven't the Vikings left yet?
Morgan Mundane

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2008

Judged:

The part I liked the most was the creative play calling in the passing game. TJ is a tremendous athlete-way more than Culpepper or McNabb. Best to get him out in the open; bootleg, sprint-out, moving pocket. I wish he threw a better deep ball.

Since: Aug 08

Austin, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2008

Judged:

Granted, Allen didn't make much noise last night, but also consider the fact that he was going against Walter Jones, a pretty good player in his own right.
Emla

International Falls, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2008

Judged:

Typical preseason game. AP never carried the ball and TJ looked good just throwing the ball without a running game. Hope the injuries aren't too serious. Not much to judge except the "D" was odiferous. Go Vikes.
40for60

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2008

Judged:

Farwell is going to hurt, he is one of the best special teamers in the league.
Allen was going up against all-world Walter Jones at left tackle, and still got pressure on Hasselpunk, he will be in opposing backfield's all year.
Berrian showed what Troy couldn't, how to catch the ball.
Seattle came out with more passion, no doubt, although it was the first exhibition.
If all the pre-season games resemble this game, I will have to revise my prediction for this year.
40for60

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2008

Judged:

alien wrote:
Allen looked VERY ordinary and kinda skinny for a DE..it's only preseason tho
Yep, we'll fatten him up for the regular season you dipstick.
dan in PHoenix

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2008

Judged:

yo 13thSTEP...great handle...hope it's used in jest.... injuries s**k. J Mitchell could be as big as Farwell, we need our depth at D-end...GO VIKINGS
vikings fan

River Falls, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2008

Judged:

The real question of the season is can TJack or Peterson stay healthy for a whole season
jeff

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2008

I thought it looked like the Vikes were slow and slugish as the Seahags were diving for knees and clipping throught the entire game.Stephen Jackson dove right smack into Farwells knees as though he was aiming for them, then later on celebrated on the otherside of the field, what a punk!!! Hasslebeck go's over and gives him a slap on the back too.
It looked as though the Vikings didnt have any momentum at all going into this game and it seemed laid back for some reason. I mean preseason is preseason and all that but to go outv and try to bust people up is pretty danm lame if you ask me. Maybe its because of the whinning that Hasslebeck did last year about EJ getting pushed into his leg so he was out for a month, who knows.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 12 of12
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Bobby Engram Discussions

Search the Bobby Engram Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Seahawks Release Jordan Kent, Hass Could Get Tr... (Sep '08) May '09 qjwinn 7
Rpts: 'Hawks sign Houshmandzadeh (Mar '09) Mar '09 Rick 2
Reports: Free agent WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh sign... (Mar '09) Mar '09 Rick 2
Seahawks Report- Monday (Dec '08) Dec '08 steven 1
Vick in jailhouse and poorhouse (Oct '08) Oct '08 Palin-Cruella DeVille 5
Matthew Berry: Top 200 fantasy football ranks (Sep '08) Sep '08 anthony 1
Duckett leads Seahawks over Raiders 23-16 (Aug '08) Sep '08 Freddy 7
•••
•••